WXV Coaching Vacancy

Started by Purple 77, October 11, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

flower off lez is 19. That means he's only one year younger than me.

Ziplock

Quote from: Maca24 on October 12, 2012, 05:26:20 PM
Kelly > Corey and Anthony

Every single day of the week!

I can see arguments for Anthony> Kelly, Even Coniglio/Scully > Kelly

but Corey> Kelly? flower no.

Justin Bieber

Hey hey hey I'm not that old :P

Minus a year ;)

Maca24

BB67th

I would like to apply for the coaching role here as well

This would be my starting XV (based on FanPlanner changes for 2013):

DEF: B.Gibbs, P.Duffield, C.Yarran, J.Gram
MID: BDeledio (C), P.Dangerfield (VC), J.Kelly, L.Anthony
RUC: BMcEvoy
FWD: J.Kennedy, C.Dawes, H.Ballantyne, C.Pearce
UTIL: T.Scully, S.Coniglio

EMG: J.Bolton, X.Ellis, R.Stanley

The list is currently in a fairly strong state and is looking at potentially being a top 4 side for next year definitely. I think it has a good mixture of quality experience and youth, and I would look to bring in maybe a few younger players to reinforce the squad. I would be looking at going for high scoring potential players and looking to move on those who I don't see much potential in. 

As for me, I am not the most active person on FF, but I do spend quite a bit of time around the XV boards and I do see the Worlds as the premier comp to be in. I do coach a British and Asian side as well as being assistant coach to Ringo currently in the Worlds. I also prefer the SC scoring system to others and I would love to be a part of the competition. I realise that ossie was a big member here and that taking over his team would be a big responsibility, but I believe that I am up to the challenge.

Thanks for your time and good luck to all the others who expressed interest for this job too  :)

JBs-Hawks

My application. 

My team:

DEF: B.Gibbs, P.Duffield, C.Yarran, J.Gram
MID: BDeledio (C), P.Dangerfield (VC), J.Kelly, T. Scully
RUC: BMcEvoy
FWD: J.Kennedy, C.Dawes, H.Ballantyne, C.Pearce
UTIL: L Anthony, S.Coniglio
EMG: J.Bolton, X.Ellis, R.Stanley

I would love the chance for a crack at the premier competition, although not a fan of how this opportunity came about. If ossie came back I would happily hand him Seoul back or if he doesn't want it back offer up some kind of affiliation whether it be assistant, number1 fan or water boy. Now I am already blessed with being a head coach in two other competitions so of successful I would hand my assistant Koops my British team as he was a big help in the drafting process for.

Now onto experience I feel I have plenty to offer. I have drafted my two XV teams whilst there not favourite they are solid teams with plenty of improvement to come as they break out. I have also competed in and won the ff DT pro league ran by ossie this year. I have also won the AFL teams draft ran recently. So hopefully my resume shows I have some knowledge of fantasty footy :)

As to improving Seoul I think oss has compiled a pretty awesome list and won't need drastic players, mainly just needs to bw managed well with good drafting and smart but minimal trading.

Thank you everyone for giving my application some consideration and good luck to all the other applicants.

nas

Per page 1, Let (R) > ossie have the final say

Have also spoken to ossie via other sources & it looks like he will be very busy for a while hence my suggestion.

Also if you already have a team & been through the process of drafting etc, why throw it away? Done all / most of the hard yards associated with this.

nas

Oh n by the way if he does read this, Happy Birthday (R) ossie

Purple 77

Oh yeah, asked ossie if he wanted a say, and he said no :( defeats the purpose of why he left I suppose......

Purple 77

Applications are closed and the PM has been sent!

Voting Closes at Tuesday 16th 11:59:59pm AEDST

But bare in mind, if all votes are received by then, winner will be notified ASAP

Once I notify the winner, I will start a Press Conference Thread and the Winner will address the WXV community for the first time  :o :o :o

Nails

FFS, this is first time Phasir has been inactive 3 days straight...

He would've been great coach  :'(

Phasir

Quote from: Nails on October 14, 2012, 04:57:25 PM
FFS, this is first time Phasir has been inactive 3 days straight...

He would've been great coach  :'(

I have bad timing haha, just had some personal stuff going on ... won't get into it too much but rest assured, I will be without this current drama after the end of the month at the latest..

Justin Bieber

Late nomination for me lol ::)

Purple 77

9 of 17 coaches replied......... make sure to reply guys!

Waiting on:
Nails
My Chumps
Holzman
meow meow
c4v3m4n
Hellopplz
Boomz
pothead

Purple 77

Also, may not be able to notify the winner early tomorrow, the earliest will be about 10:45 am, sorry about that