Main Menu

Hannebery

Started by enzedder, July 21, 2019, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

To say that I am angry at recruiting Hannebery is a massive understatement. I’m livid.
So far it has 100% gone to script. He was recruited after looking well past his best and being reduced to a part-time, list clogger, accident-prone, injury-riddled midfielder on a $3.2 million four year contract.  Now he’s been listed as indefinite on the afl website’s injured list.
Breaking his salary down to 800k a year, he has earned 400k in each of his two games this year.
Blind Freddie could see this was a likely outcome.
As bad as this year has been for Hanners, it is reasonable to expect another 3 more such seasons in the coming years. He’s a cripple.
Lethlean can go and **** himself for being inept. I’ve read somewhere that he is good mates with Hannebery’s father. I don’t know if that is true but it wouldn’t surprise me. Everything about his recruitment stinks. That would just add another layer to it.
In recruiting Hannebery we also forfeited our upcoming second round draft pick. Likely to be in the low 20s. More pain to be had.
He’s going to hinder the Saints for a few years to come.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: enzedder on July 21, 2019, 10:35:42 AM
To say that I am angry at recruiting Hannebery is a massive understatement. I’m livid.
So far it has 100% gone to script. He was recruited after looking well past his best and being reduced to a part-time, list clogger, accident-prone, injury-riddled midfielder on a $3.2 million four year contract.  Now he’s been listed as indefinite on the afl website’s injured list.
Breaking his salary down to 800k a year, he has earned 400k in each of his two games this year.
As bad as this year has been for Hanners, it is reasonable to expect another 3 more such seasons in the coming years. He’s a cripple.
Lethlean can go and **** himself for being inept. I’ve read somewhere that he is good mates with Hannebery’s father. I don’t know if that is true but it wouldn’t surprise me. Everything about his recruitment stinks. That would just add another layer to it.
In recruiting Hannebery we also forfeited our upcoming second round draft pick. Likely to be in the low 20s. More pain to be had.

This is stupid.

Everything you've said in this is wrong. So i'm not going to justify most of it with an answer.

We did not 'forfeit' a 2nd round  draft pick. We pick swapped. The saints may not have a 2nd rounder next year, but out of that trade we gained pick 28 of 2018 draft (but traded pick 39 which they used as points for academy selection Nick Blakey), which we on forwarded to Melbourne for pick 36 (Jack Bytel) and 46 (Matthew Parker)

So out of that entire trade we gained Dan Hannebery + Jack Bytel + Matthew Parker for Fraction of Nick Blakey's points (So another words nothing) + this years 2nd rounder selection ( Around about 24-26, in what I see as a shallow draft.).

Even though Hannes have played flower all games, you can't deny his leadership off the field, and then once on the field he does the same thing. The price packet for him is meaningless, because we had no one else to spend the money on.

enzedder

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 15, 2019, 08:53:00 AM
Quote from: enzedder on July 21, 2019, 10:35:42 AM

This is stupid.

Everything you've said in this is wrong. So i'm not going to justify most of it with an answer.

We did not 'forfeit' a 2nd round  draft pick. We pick swapped. The saints may not have a 2nd rounder next year, but out of that trade we gained pick 28 of 2018 draft (but traded pick 39 which they used as points for academy selection Nick Blakey), which we on forwarded to Melbourne for pick 36 (Jack Bytel) and 46 (Matthew Parker)

So out of that entire trade we gained Dan Hannebery + Jack Bytel + Matthew Parker for Fraction of Nick Blakey's points (So another words nothing) + this years 2nd rounder selection ( Around about 24-26, in what I see as a shallow draft.).

Even though Hannes have played flower all games, you can't deny his leadership off the field, and then once on the field he does the same thing. The price packet for him is meaningless, because we had no one else to spend the money on.
Contracted to the end of 2022. Wonder if it will still be stupid, next week, next pre season, next year, in 2021, in 2022 when he is still being paid 800k a year. Interesting that my above post became stupid this week. Hanners played alright this week.
Your point on swapping picks and ending up with Parker and Bytel through on trading and recruiting is valid. Whilst we do not have a second round pick in the upcoming draft we do have those two with an extra year under their belt.   
So what for his off field leadership. You recruit players to play. Period. Let's recruit Deledio. I'm sure he'll add soe more class on the sidelines. We'll have some of the best talent at training and in the grandstands of any team.
The price packet isn't meaningless. It has a flow on effect. Gold Coast aren't exactly dripping with cash to lure big names at the moment.