Main Menu

Forum Changes/Additions/Removals

Started by Hellopplz, December 01, 2016, 01:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Keep it coming folks but things may be delayed here and there as also gotta see about my move in 2 months and then also my last long holidays to enjoy :p.

Purple 77

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 02, 2016, 11:10:38 AM
I'll get to the stuff slowly over time! Probably do a bit tomorrow when I come back home and hopefully don't have sport on.

I'll play around and see how to get the stuff for online/buddy to coexist. I'll also look into the attachments, but can't promise anything.

I'll look at archiving a few things as well. I don't archive any league threads in the fantasy footy boards because some users continue on the same thread from previous years or use them to find users again which is why they have so many. Strategy i b just leave cause not a huge thing and tend to be applicable if actual strategy based.

I'll also probably allow the xv and comps to be counted towards post counts just because they are now a huge part of the forum.

All of a sudden, it looks like I might get a 5th star after all lol

BB67th

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 02, 2016, 11:41:09 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 02, 2016, 11:10:38 AM
I'll get to the stuff slowly over time! Probably do a bit tomorrow when I come back home and hopefully don't have sport on.

I'll play around and see how to get the stuff for online/buddy to coexist. I'll also look into the attachments, but can't promise anything.

I'll look at archiving a few things as well. I don't archive any league threads in the fantasy footy boards because some users continue on the same thread from previous years or use them to find users again which is why they have so many. Strategy i b just leave cause not a huge thing and tend to be applicable if actual strategy based.

I'll also probably allow the xv and comps to be counted towards post counts just because they are now a huge part of the forum.

All of a sudden, it looks like I might get a 5th star after all lol
Watch my counted posts go from around 800 to about 3500

Grazz

May get shouted down but really not sure I agree with XV and comps being counted.
Picks up shield to block rotten fruit being thrown.  :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Grazz on December 02, 2016, 12:47:06 PM
May get shouted down but really not sure I agree with XV and comps being counted.

I don't understand why every single post on the forum doesn't count - a post is a post

That being said, I couldn't care less what my post count is and don't understand how anyone could, but hey that's just me  :-\

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 02, 2016, 12:49:33 PM

I don't understand why every single post on the forum doesn't count - a post is a post

That being said, I couldn't care less what my post count is and don't understand how anyone could, but hey that's just me  :-\
Generally the people who have an XVs team and post in the boards know what they're doing and are coaches already anyway (except for a couple), so I don't think it really makes much of a difference :P

Bill Manspeaker

vote for the cricket section to be counted? :P

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 02, 2016, 12:49:33 PM

I'm probably just to old school on this mate. I except that.
FF is a Democracy though and i'll live with whatever decision is made.
XV and other Comps are a pretty small part of the forum member wise although very active by those that actually participate in it
so in saying that I tend to agree with the second part of your post in the sense that if these are to be counted then I feel we should open the whole forum up so every post counts and everyone is equally catered for.

Ziplock

Im of the opinion that anything that contributes inherently to fantasy football should count, which includes XVs

but obviously doesnt include front bar, coaches etc.

Jukes

We discussed this in the external (Everywhere Chat) chat, it may be hard to implement and I'm not sure how but an old forum I used to go on had this - an inbuilt on-forum chatbox that is continuously running and all forum members (or maybe just coaches if we want) can write in and talk to people. Saves the hassle of going onto the external chat that is usually pretty inactive, and it was great for activity and chat on this other forum.

That probably didn't make sense, I can explain more if need be.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Jukes on December 03, 2016, 08:23:47 PM
We discussed this in the external (Everywhere Chat) chat, it may be hard to implement and I'm not sure how but an old forum I used to go on had this - an inbuilt on-forum chatbox that is continuously running and all forum members (or maybe just coaches if we want) can write in and talk to people. Saves the hassle of going onto the external chat that is usually pretty inactive, and it was great for activity and chat on this other forum.

That probably didn't make sense, I can explain more if need be.

Basically you just want to embed chat on here, but such that everyone is default logged in by their FF log ins

Bill Manspeaker

yep I know what you're talking about Jukesy. when I used to use ISOHunt they had that. I reckon it's a good idea

Mat0369

It's an invision option. It's already built in so no need to embed. I asked m0nty to make the switch  a while ago when change was brought up but it's probably a cost issue.

I also vote for spoiler tags.

Hellopplz

Tried about 2-3 different chats to install, but says I'm using the wrong Port or something (just used default one put on the forum, but I don't know the technical details of the databases/systems used to run this). Will keep trying when I find the time though!

Haven't gotten around to the counting of the comps, still undecided on it, but no harm done yet ;).

Spoiler tags would be great! Especially for movie/tv series threads.

May also look at some other stuff when I finally get a full day at home... Only got to do some rookie scouting now at 1am because busy times and not at home for too long these days :(.

kilbluff1985