Main Menu

2016 Best 22

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, October 25, 2015, 03:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Since this has been put up on other boards what do you reckon would be the best selection for our clubs 22?

FB:  Grimes Rance Astbury
HB:  Houli Chaplin Yarran
MID: B Ellis Vlastuin Hunt
HF:  Edwards Riewoldt Deledio
FF: Martin Vickery Lennon
Fol: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: McIntosh McBean Grigg Bachelor

Obviously we still have the drafts but I can't see how anyone could walk into the best 22 straight form the draft.

quinny88

I'd have Griffiths over McBean but hopefully this is the year McBean becomes a regular.
Only way I can see a kid from the draft breaking in early is if we find a genuine quick small forward that we've been waiting for forever

Nige

Yep, Griff will likely start over McBean. They'll probably both be in and out as the third tall.

Not overly sure Astbury will start, Batch is now in front of him but Astbury and Matty Dea are almost certain the next two defenders in the queue.

I'd take Astbury out and chuck Kane Lambert in, he was super once he came back from his shoulder injury and he's a good chance to be a fixture in the 22.

Kellogscrunchynut

Yeah I was thinking about Lambert he was quality this year.

But make your own god damn team.

Nige

FB:  Grimes Rance Batchelor
MID: B Ellis Vlastuin Grigg
INT: McIntosh Griffiths Conca Lambert

Too easy.  8) :P

Kellogscrunchynut

Didn't want to switch any of the wingers?

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on October 25, 2015, 05:44:58 PM
FB:  Grimes Rance Batchelor
MID: B Ellis Vlastuin Grigg
INT: McIntosh Griffiths Conca Lambert

Too easy.  8) :P

needs more mcbean

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 25, 2015, 05:56:55 PM
Didn't want to switch any of the wingers?
I could put Kamdyn on the wing and Grigg on the bench if you really want.  :P

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 25, 2015, 06:50:09 PM
needs more mcbean
I love him and Griff equally, it hurts me to have to omit one.

Toga

FB: Grimes Rance Batchelor
HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin
C: B.Ellis Martin McIntosh
HF: Deledio Riewoldt Edwards
FF: Yarran Vickery Lennon
Int: Lambert Griffiths Grigg C.Ellis

Conca could easily be in ahead of Corey Ellis. Not sure where they are planning on playing Yarran, if halfback then Vlastuin on to the interchange for Ellis/Conca and then Sam Lloyd into the FP.

Bully

Yaz plays in defence, Dan Richardson has pretty much sent that message out from day one. Batchelor can go, he was horrible against Waite and deserves to be exiled.

Toga

Bachelor was a poor match up for any of the North Melbourne forwards. Not his fault, the coaching staff should have recognised that and played someone like Astbury instead. Generally last year Batch was good - he's not flashy but he's a pretty good defender for just keeping his opponent quiet.

quinny88

Quote from: Bully on October 25, 2015, 08:52:20 PM
Yaz plays in defence, Dan Richardson has pretty much sent that message out from day one. Batchelor can go, he was horrible against Waite and deserves to be exiled.
Was good all year though. North are tough to match up on with so many giant forwards

quinny88

Really excited to see Lennon, McBean and Corey Ellis have big seasons. Think they can all be locked in the side by seasons end.

Griffiths needs a big year. Vickery and him have been going back and forth with who shows glimpses and good form and right now I would say Vickery is slightly ahead.

Hampson needs a really big year. We paid a high price for him and so far he's just been a fill in when Maric is injured.
Astbury is another one that is becoming frustrating.

I'm not saying they are no good but I don't think Players like Chaplin, Grigg, Batchelor and Hunt should be walk up starters like they are at the moment so we need players below them making some real competition.

Big year for us I reckon. Will tell a lot too weather we have the list to actually win a flag or if we need to strip it back a bit and top up

Holz

who will bring the ball out of defense the most. Houli or Yaz?

Nige

Houli, though I only say that because I want Yaz to play forward.