2015 Champions League Discussion

Started by Levi434, June 26, 2015, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Levi434 on June 26, 2015, 06:53:01 PM
I like the multiplier system as well so that is what we will be using.
I'm not sure about the other comps but AXV plays through the byes which result in much lower scoring. So when calculating the average I was going to exclude the averages there.

And then there's the issue of how to use HGA when calculating these average scores. It'll be a lot of work to go back and work out the scores without HGA for each team each week.

If you include HGA and all other bonuses each comp has (I don't think there are any for AXV), then you can read straight off the ladder to work out the average score. But then you have slightly off multipliers.

The average AXV score after 10 rounds was 1,763.66 which is ~1,764

Also the complexity of WXV (i hear words like flooding and resting and think complex shiz) means that teams from that comp might need to name a WXV side and a Champs League side?

Reading off a ladder in the EXV dated 6th June, the average EXV score each week is 1339.18 or ~1,339

I found a Worlds ladder dated after 10 rounds of the AFL, however the points there were rounded and divided by 10 (To look neater) so the average score of 1,356 per round that I calculate there might be slightly off. I think it would be better to get Purple's numbers on this one as he will have the raw stuff.

BXV has no ladder where I can easily see who has scored what so far. So Ringo will be needed to give us the numbers here.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2015, 07:14:13 PM
Just another slight need to correct some comps have a 1.5 multiplier for VC that others do not.  In worlds you can have co captains as well.

So just for fairness should we just use total raw scores without any bonuses (including captain) whatsoever.

Is probably the way to go

Quote from: PowerBug on June 26, 2015, 07:19:55 PM
I found a Worlds ladder dated after 10 rounds of the AFL, however the points there were rounded and divided by 10 (To look neater) so the average score of 1,356 per round that I calculate there might be slightly off. I think it would be better to get Purple's numbers on this one as he will have the raw stuff.

BXV has no ladder where I can easily see who has scored what so far. So Ringo will be needed to give us the numbers here.

Will get on it now.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2015, 07:14:13 PM
Just another slight need to correct some comps have a 1.5 multiplier for VC that others do not.  In worlds you can have co captains as well.

So just for fairness should we just use total raw scores without any bonuses (including captain) whatsoever.
The multiplier factors in the VC bonuses so that won't be a problem.

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on June 26, 2015, 07:19:55 PM

Yup, 1356 is the average score per team.

However, if I take out all the bonuses and penalties (rest bonuses, captain bonuses, HGA bonuses, OOP penalties), the average score per team (rounded up to the nearest point) is 1241

Levi434

Current Teams in So Far:
1: Dublin Destroyers (WXV) - Holz
2: Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers (WXV) - Hellopplz
3: Christchurch Saints (WXV) - meow meow
4: Moscow Spetnaz (WXV) - Bane/Torpedo10
5: Mexico City Suns (WXV) - JROO8
6: New york Revolution (WXV) - Aaronkirk/RaisyDaisy
7: Berlin Brewers (WXV) - Purple77
8: Tokyo Samurai (WXV) - Boomz
9: Macedonian Wolves (EXV) - Scrads
10: Swiss Storm (EXV) - Nige
11: English Lions (EXV) - JBs-Hawks
12: Serbian Eagles (EXV) - Nrich
13: Belgain Bashers (EXV) - Elephants
14: Iceland Polar Bears (EXV) - Hellopplz
15: Russian Roulettes (EXV) - Nostradamus/Rids
16: Svalbard Valkyries (EXV) - Ziplock
17: Winchester Werewolves (BXV) - Rusty00
18: Liverpool Rams (BXV) - Nige
19: Nottingham Hoods (BXV) - LF
20: Swansea Breakers (BXV) - Ringo
21: Huddersfield Hawks (BXV) - JBs-Hawks
22: Hastings Hurricanes (BXV) - Purple77
23: Bradford Badgers (BXV) - GoLions
24: Oxford Owls (BXV) - Vinny
25: UAE Tigers (AXV) - JROO8
26: Australian Ales (AXV) - JBs-Hawks
27: Laos Elephants (AXV) - Nige
28: Sri Lanka Strikers (AXV) - Jayman
29: Kathmandu Eskimos (AXV) - Powerbug
30: Mongolian Lambs (AXV) - Toga
31: Kuala Lumpur Crocodiles (AXV) - Ricochet
32: Baankok Crabs (AXV) - Rids

Keep in mind that these teams are NOT final. There are a few teams in currently who may be a little nervous about qualifying. The cut off date is post AFL Round 14 remember.

Also if there are any mistakes with the coaches let me know.

Nige

2nd, 2nd and 3rd.  8)

Shame about Karen though.  :(

Purple 77

Brewers and Hurricanes  8)

Ringo

Will be interesting to see what happens when some coaches teams play each other.  Will they tank one or not.

For Levi got a bit of work to do to take out bonuses but hopefully will do this week and get British average score to you.

PowerBug

Actually now that I think about it, no score should be altered to what you give it in your normal comp.

The multiplier will take into effect all of this for every comp. WXV might be better off naming a different side to the one which they do in the Worlds Comp where they rest. But it means that they could alter their resting to be better primed for the Champions League if they want. The teams that have Cup and League to worry about have to do that as well so I don't see the issue with it really.

It also makes things really easy for those working out the scores. The only thing that won't be used in the Champs League is HGA, but for the sake of working out what multiplier each league has leave it in.

Purple 77

Will we have the basic Captain (scorex2) and Vice-Captain (back-up for Captain, but if not needed just the normal score taken)?

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on June 28, 2015, 07:20:30 PM
Actually now that I think about it, no score should be altered to what you give it in your normal comp.

The multiplier will take into effect all of this for every comp. WXV might be better off naming a different side to the one which they do in the Worlds Comp where they rest. But it means that they could alter their resting to be better primed for the Champions League if they want. The teams that have Cup and League to worry about have to do that as well so I don't see the issue with it really.

It also makes things really easy for those working out the scores. The only thing that won't be used in the Champs League is HGA, but for the sake of working out what multiplier each league has leave it in.

At Worlds team's are also allowed to (for a limited amount of times per year), name 3 defenders/5 forward or 5 defenders/3 forwards. Does it need to be the classic XV layout for this?

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 28, 2015, 07:44:18 PM
Will we have the basic Captain (scorex2) and Vice-Captain (back-up for Captain, but if not needed just the normal score taken)?
Yeah that's fine.

AXV will have x2 for skipper and x1.5 for VC. And that doesn't need to change.

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 28, 2015, 07:46:06 PM
At Worlds team's are also allowed to (for a limited amount of times per year), name 3 defenders/5 forward or 5 defenders/3 forwards. Does it need to be the classic XV layout for this?
This is where it might be complicated. I assume there are bonuses/penalties for doing this kind of thing? The scores that are affected by the way the opposition line up probably shouldn't be included, but again, if it's going to be easier for Levi to work it all out, then we can leave it in.

It's a work in progress and it'll only get better in future seasons as things get worked out.

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on June 28, 2015, 07:54:06 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 28, 2015, 07:46:06 PM
This is where it might be complicated. I assume there are bonuses/penalties for doing this kind of thing?

There aren't any penalties or bonuses at all at the moment for flooding/attacking, but we are looking into it for next year.

Levi434

This might be a crazy idea but how about we get the total score from EVERY player from each of the comps (DT, SC, SB) and use those to work out the multiplier?

JBs-Hawks

Because some players are more suited to the different scoring systems.