2015 Ruck Strategy

Started by Doggoneit, December 14, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

What are peoples thoughts on Warnock impacting Kruz?

Warnock is a spud, we all know that, but his tap work is decent, and Carlton could try turning Kruz into a CHF couldn't they?

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2014, 09:44:45 PM
would be worried about them getting games into Hannath over Griff

Freo are looking at finals, if Griff gives them the best chance to win in the ruck he will get games while Hannath might get more time playing as the resting forward/ruck

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 15, 2014, 09:47:00 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Warnock impacting Kruz?

Warnock is a spud, we all know that, but his tap work is decent, and Carlton could try turning Kruz into a CHF couldn't they?

I know our coach is an f-wit but after how badly Warnock performed this year Kreuz steps into the ruck. They have no other option whereas Levi and Hendo can play as key forwards. I cracked it when I heard Malthouse say last season Kreuz had to learn to play forward because that is where they would play him. He isn't a natural forward and his best position is in the guts and Levi is a better option at that spot. I think as I said with Warnock flopping they know they have to play Kreuz in that position now and don't have much of a choice.

nrich102

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 15, 2014, 09:13:13 PM
Goldy averaged 113 in the 2nd half of the year mate. The fact he has the potential to score 110+ makes him a bargain at 570-580

My ruck strategy is the loophole
Goldstein, Leuenberger (Kreuzer, King)
Worried about kreuzer and leuy though with stef martin and cam wood respectively. Mick loves woody!
I wouldn't worry about Stef hurting Leuy. When they played together Leuy scored about 90 iirc, so wouldn't worry about that.

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2014, 09:44:45 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on December 15, 2014, 09:41:56 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2014, 08:59:16 PM
have fun if you're starting Sandi next year the older he gets the more he will get managed especially since they got guys that can play like Clarke and Hannath and Griff

I think that was the point of the Sandi/Griff combo, when Sandi is out you have his automatic replacement at 150k which is the perfect safety net. It is what a lot of people did with Currie/Goldstein this year.

would be worried about them getting games into Hannath over Griff
Won't happen. Hannath is still a little bit off it and will play as a key possie player if he does come in. If all rucks are fit and Sandi goes down, Griff comes in

meow meow

Everyone said the same thing about 211 at the start of this year. Sandi isn't as injury prone as people make him out to be. If I have Griff on the bench I know I will have one playing for sure, and as the #1 ruck Griff should score 90ish. Safe as houses.

Leuenberger is more injury prone than Sandilands! Kreuzer isn't far behind. Both have question marks over their roles and output. One match isn't enough data to go on for Leuy.

I'd prefer to take the 110 with 90 back up instead of a loopholed 90-100 that has a high chance of being unavailable due to injury.

H1bb3i2d

Goldy and NicNat were the 2 most obvious premiums to me, so either start both or go one with a midpricer (Kreuz, Leuey), maybe even with a 2nd midpricer of the bench.

This Sandi/Griff idea is pretty cool though!

These are probably the 3 templates I'll be messing around with over the preseason:

Goldy  NicNat  R3      R4

NicNat Kreuz  Leuey   R4

Sandi  R2       Griff    R4

Locinator

I can't agree with the idea of Leuy, Nic Nat and Kreuz all being in the same team. You are potentially wasting 230k on the bench assuming all stay healthy. Would much rather have Bellchambers in the forwardline with a link and two of those guys playing on field ruck

Money Shot

Quote from: Locinator on December 21, 2014, 09:50:55 PM
I can't agree with the idea of Leuy, Nic Nat and Kreuz all being in the same team. You are potentially wasting 230k on the bench assuming all stay healthy. Would much rather have Bellchambers in the forwardline with a link and two of those guys playing on field ruck
Although I'm not a big fan of it what they are doing is loopholing them each week so say Kreuzer is up first you place him on the bench and if he gets 125 you would put your 4th ruck on and take say Leuy of and by doing this you could potentially get an extra 20 points per week but in my opinion I don't think it's worth it as they will all score around the same anyways and as said above would like Belly instead as I see him having a solid 80 average.

fasttrack13

80pts therefore belly isn't a premo so what will you do? upgrade kreuz or leuy and ditch belly? The loophole idea will mean using no trades in your rucks unless one is injured.. You'll use 3/4 tampering with the rucks if you have belly.

Money Shot

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 22, 2014, 03:22:12 PM
80pts therefore belly isn't a premo so what will you do? upgrade kreuz or leuy and ditch belly? The loophole idea will mean using no trades in your rucks unless one is injured.. You'll use 3/4 tampering with the rucks if you have belly.
Now what should we do with only 1 bench option  :o

Holz

im tempted to just go bold and go Goldy for safety than just punt on Berger or NicNat hoping for no injury.

if not belly seems the correct option, just never upgrade him and keep him as F7 at the end of the year as a 80 average backup.

WizzFizz

I think set and forget rucks will work well as because there is 1 less spot on the bench, the is more consequence for risky injuryprone players, also leuey is 360k and kreuz is 370 so an extra 300k can allow you to set and forget with say goldy and nic nat, of which im running

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on December 22, 2014, 07:16:52 PM
im tempted to just go bold and go Goldy for safety than just punt on Berger or NicNat hoping for no injury.

if not belly seems the correct option, just never upgrade him and keep him as F7 at the end of the year as a 80 average backup.

Goldy/NN + Kreuz with Belly up forward for me. Will also likely keep him at f7 at the end as no doubt il need him during finals carnage.

meow meow

Goldy + Wilbur, set and forget.

RaisyDaisy

Article in Herald Sun today with Malthouse talking about how he wants Warnock and Wood to ruck and is still persisting with Kreuz as a forward