Offseason- Retirements, Delistings and Trades

Started by Samsturmfels, September 07, 2013, 11:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on September 10, 2013, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 10, 2013, 03:27:57 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 10, 2013, 03:18:25 PM
Likelihood of Grundy being the number 1 at the pies next year?

...done deal? We have no other ruckmen besides Witts now.

I just assumed that Witts would take over from lynch at the end of next season and still think that. Witts is actually very mobile for his size and can kick a few goals. Hopefully it allows Ben Reid to play third tall and be loose. Goldsack as a fourth could throw a spanner in the works for some teams too

Corey Gault?

Corey is a long way away from playing AFL, Spent most of his time in the VFL in the past 2 years playing in defence.

Spite

Quote from: Noz on September 10, 2013, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 10, 2013, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 10, 2013, 03:27:57 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 10, 2013, 03:18:25 PM
Likelihood of Grundy being the number 1 at the pies next year?

...done deal? We have no other ruckmen besides Witts now.

I just assumed that Witts would take over from lynch at the end of next season and still think that. Witts is actually very mobile for his size and can kick a few goals. Hopefully it allows Ben Reid to play third tall and be loose. Goldsack as a fourth could throw a spanner in the works for some teams too

Corey Gault?

Corey is a long way away from playing AFL, Spent most of his time in the VFL in the past 2 years playing in defence.

He may make it one day, but with Jack Frost ahead of him in defence and Paine ahead of him in the forward line (and they are the emergency talls in each position) and obviously the grundy/witts combo in the ruck, it is hard to ever see him getting a chance to play AFL at the Pies, wouldn't be surprised if he too was delisted. Seems like a really nice kid though

Samsturmfels

I'd hope we can get some of these people:
Martin, Bellchambers, Crameri

We probably need another good small/medium defender who is good on one on one contests and who has a lot of run.

Also I expect Martin Clarke to traded

ossie85

Quote from: Samsturmfels on September 10, 2013, 03:49:12 PM
I'd hope we can get some of these people:
Martin, Bellchambers, Crameri

Martin - an obvious star... I'd be wary paying too much for him though. Pies midfield still top notch and Josh Thomas and Paul Seedsman are coming along nicely.

Bellchambers - Think might stop the development of Grundy and Witts? Need a 3rd option though for sure.

Crameri - Only if cheap

Samsturmfels

I want Bellchambers so we can play him in the forward line instead of Lynch

Windigo

Jroo

Quote from: Windigo on September 10, 2013, 05:07:38 PM
Anyone think Jolly will play on?
I do, maybe for one more year.
Richmond and Melbourne are apparently interested.

Rusty00

Quote from: Windigo on September 10, 2013, 05:07:38 PM
Anyone think Jolly will play on?
I think he definitely will as long as another club wants him obviously. I'm sure Collingwood would've told him that there was no new contract for him and asked him about retiring. The fact he didn't retire and was delisted suggests he's keen to keep playing.

Windigo

When he played this year he was actually quite good. Averaged 12 touches & 23 hit outs.

Back to Melb where it all began could be a fitting way to end.  :o

LF

Vinny

Devastated Didak was delisted.. :'(

Come to Carlton.

Nige

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get picked up tbh.

Rusty00

Yeah I think Didak still has a bit to give providing his body can hold up.

Nige

My last post applies to both Didak and Jolly, Krakouer I'm not so sure... Jordan Russell should try his luck at GWS, although we all know how that worked out for Bret Thornton.

Rusty00