Main Menu

Magpie Comings and Goings....

Started by ossie85, October 12, 2011, 08:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Farewell

Leigh Brown

The first of Collingwood's Premiership Players to depart, quite an achievement a year after the event. One of only two players to play 50 games for 3 different clubs, and changed the way people saw the 2nd ruck role. Subject of many a ridicule during his time at Freo and North, but will be known as a 200 gamer, Premiership Player.

Welcome

Marty Clarke

Well, welcome back is more accurate for Marty Clarke!

The irish star was on-and-off in his previous stint at Collingwood, but with Ben Johnson and Leon Davis reaching the end of their careers, Marty Clarke could find a home in this line up. Pies must think he is worth it having given away their top pick (again) for him. But the Pies know how to select players, after getting Alex Fasolo in a bargain pick.

Jamie Elliott

Some nice highlights here of little known player Jamie Elliott. The sweetener in the GWS Marty Clarke deal. Pies have a history of turning small forwards into stars, and here's hoping that trend continues.

Cruiseon

I love Elliot's forward pressure in those clips, we can never have enough of that.

We can also officially welcome Jarrod Witts into the fold after he was elevated to the senior list which is a great sign for the huge man.

ossie85

Welcome

Peter Yagmoor

Highlights

Interesting left field selection. Here's hoping he turns out great :)

truBLUE

always good to see the word CONSISTENT, plus pace and tackling , nice pickup

Spite

Elliot's pressure is great in those clips.

Is it just me, or does Yagmoor look really slow in the first half of his clips?

truBLUE

Quote from: Spite on October 17, 2011, 03:34:45 PM
Elliot's pressure is great in those clips.

Is it just me, or does Yagmoor look really slow in the first half of his clips?
+1 just rewatched was slow ,but good tackling

Ringo

Collingwood seems to develop young guns nicely when selected. Lachie Keeffe is another who went to Collingwood from Qld after only playing AFL for a couple of years and he is now knocking on the door, not quite there yet.

ossie85

Welcome

Jarrod Witts and Michael Hartley

NSW Scholarship players entering our list. Witts particularly is MASSIVE at 209cm and 115kg. Need a Jolly replacement

Highlights

Cailin Mooney

The AFL needs a Mooney. And an Irish one at that! Know next to nothing about him though

Spite

Witts looks like a beast!

Can Hartley kick the ball? I'm not sure, there was not one highlight of a drop punt. Good hands though haha

AFEV

You can add Leon Davis to the goings! Yes, Leon Davis has walked out on the Pies.

Just saw it on 7 News.

Ziplock

Really? Did he retire?

I thought he had a little left in him...

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on October 25, 2011, 07:33:03 PM
Really? Did he retire?

I thought he had a little left in him...
Yeah he'll probably go back to WA, dunno if he'll keep playing though it wouldn't surprise me if he went to a WAFL team

ossie85

:(

4 grand finals, 0 wins

Sigh.

Should be able to keep Macaffer and McCarthy

Cruiseon

It is very disappointing, his use of the ball and his calmness is decision making was amazing last year. Between Leigh Brown and Leon Davis' departures it looks like Bucks is going to have to significantly change or evolve the game plan. Be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Ringo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/harvey-a-pie-as-early-as-today/story-e6frf9io-1226176916252

Another coming. How will Harvs work with Bucks? With Davis leaving will Didak be converted to this role next year!!!