Started by enzedder, December 30, 2019, 11:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Enzedder’s 2020
Stewart, Sicily, Docherty, Roberton... rookies
Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Dangerfield, Coniglio... rookies
Grundy, Gawn
Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Hill...rookies

It’s a starting point. Will leave it until pre season and we get a clearer picture.
Leaves average of 134.6k for remaining rookies.
Considered Titch but think he’ll dip in price and want to see how he comes back. Nathan Brown struggled and Barlow’s best was behind him after their broken legs.
Considered Lloyd but think he’ll dip in price too.
Steven should be good enough for F6 in a year where good forwards look thin.
Roberton is too good not to have if he gets through pre season and lines up R1.
Think Dawson and Hunter Clark are traps... not considering.
Jacobs and NicNat aren’t for me either. Sauce is a hopeful pick. NicNat will do alright but on limited minutes he won’t score the big consistent scores of Grundy/Gawn. Going with the best to get the best result.

Ringo

Nice start and structure - I toyed with not going GG but common sense prevailed as losing too much without.

crowls

Like the team nz.   roberton will be an easy one,  no problems and he will score well or his heart plays up his career is over and you trade him out.  hope for the first option.

agree with you on titch, lloyd and steven

Money Shot

I also really like this team.

I will be starting a very similar structure.

enzedder

Made some changes to my thinking but minor adjustments...
Stewart to Laird.... given Stewart’s interrupted pre season and Laird’s consistency.
Neale to Oliver... want Neale but paired with Macrae it’s just too expensive and Oliver is good value. Will get Neale cheaper/later.
Steven to Greenwood... depression uncertainty and pre season calf injury ruled him out for another potential top 6 forward with less risk.

Laird, Sicily, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Starcevich (Gould, Bianco)
Macrae, Cripps, Dangerfield, Oliver, Coniglio, Rowell, Pickett, Bytel (McHenry, Rivers, Mead)
Grundy, Gawn (Comden)
Whitfield, Martin, Greenwood, Hill, Rankine, King (Smith, Sturt)

enzedder

D - Houston, Docherty, Clark, Roberton, Hill, Young (Starcevich, Gould)
M - Cripps, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Oliver, Taranato, Rowell, Pickett, Mead (Budarick, McHenry, Rivers)
R - Grundy, Marshall (Comben)
F - Whitfield, Martin, Greenwood, Smith, Rankine, King (Georgiades, Skinner)

Still juggling things around.
D - Houston, Docherty, Roberton and Hill will be in my team if named R1. Clark is in atm, but Sicily is the one I'd like if funds allow.
Young has had a setback so will wait and see how defensive rookies shape. Hill at D5 is my hope.
M - Swapped Macrae to Dunkley as averages from R7 last year was similar. Both played every game. Pocket 36k. Swapped one giant for another (Coniglio set for a bit of fwd time so brought in Taranto who I'm hoping will continue his rise).
R - Swapped Gawn to Marshall but every likelihood I'll switch back. Think Marshall will still be a good pick.
F - F1-3 locked. Need a F4 like Smith/ Ceglar or some mid pricer to limit fwd palaying rookies spudding scores on field.

crowls

Thinking on track with where I have ended up NZ.   I have Laird over Clark,  Marshall R2,  Ceglar F4, Greenwood at M5
Then latest version with Naismith R2, Greenwood F3 Ceglar F4, Oliver M5 as Macrea and Neale are M1/2.  No Dunkly/Taranto

At this time dont see starting Gawn as optimal strategy.  Probably go with Marshall or Naismith at R2.  Both allow greater depth in other three lines. 

enzedder

Yeah crowls. Thinking more and more about not starting Gawn.
Not real happy about Clark... had him as there was no one else in that price range... said earlier I think he's a trap/ too much risk.
Smith has been in and out of my team.... keep wondering about him and the Marsh game hasn't made things clearer for me.
After some tweaking, reading and thinking this is mine atm. Going light in defence if the rookies are named.

D - Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Hill, Zerk-Thatcher, Young (Starcevich, Gould)
M - Cripps, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Oliver, Rowell, Pickett, Mead (Budarick, McHenry, Philp)
R - Grundy, Marshall (Williams)
F - Whitfield, Walters, Martin, Greenwood, Rankine, Georgiades (King, Skinner)

enzedder

Updated in light of current rookie situation and building team up from that.
D - Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Zerk-Thatcher, Young, Brander (Williams, Gould)
M - Cripps, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Whitfield, Oliver, Rowell, Ash, Pickett (Green, Budarick, McHenry)
R - Grundy, Marshall (Xerri)
F - Walters, Martin, MacPherson, Ceglar, Hill, Rankine (Georgiades, King)

D - Young still a chance to be named. Brander looked okay and flexibility with Hill DPP. Hopeful about Williams and Gould but if neither named R1 then Ash probably moves from mids.
M - Moved Whitfield to mids rather than get a Yeo/Gaff/Zerrett type. Will move him to fwds when I get another mid premo in an early trade. McHenry is in atm should get a go at some stage so think he can just sit there unless some other cheapie is named R1. If I have to move Ash back I’m not sure who I could get in the mids as a rookie replacement.
R - GG and Xerri with fwd DPP
F - Whitfield moves back with a mid trade. Walters adds strength with him in mids, DMac has picked himself, Ceglar has too and provides ruck cover if needed which adds to his value. Need Hill to play R1/ Brander DPP could prove handy with trade/ rookie cover.
Rankine is expected to play R1 without a Marsh game I believe... don’t want to rely on more than 1 playing rookie fwd if I can help it but  with Hill at F5 it is bound to get messy. Sturt, Budarick and others don’t appeal as on field starters.

RoughRed

Not worried about hills quad after last night?

enzedder

enzedder

This year has sucked balls. When I look back at my thoughts about a starting team I cringe now with the benefit of hindsight.
Seriously who thought in defence that Haynes, Maynard and Ridley would be top picks.
Anyway after a slow start ranked 67k or so I have slowly climbed to the 20ks (probably because of so many deleting teams I would imagine) and now my team looks like this...

Ridley, Stewart, Docherty, Rampe, Hurn, BSmith (BWilliams, Watson)
Neale, Macrae, Oliver, Dangerfield, Parker, Cripps, Viney, Bytel (Close, Rivers, Schoenberg)
Grundy, Nic Nat (Draper)
Petracca, Whitfield, Martin, Simpkin, DButler, Rankine (Georgiades, Xerri)

Samsturmfels

what would hurt even more is that you had Sicily, Macrae, Neale, Gawn in your mock team you created in december last year which i assume you didnt start them?

enzedder

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 15, 2020, 02:28:37 PM
what would hurt even more is that you had Sicily, Macrae, Neale, Gawn in your mock team you created in december last year which i assume you didnt start them?
Started Macrae and Gawn.
This week I traded out Gawn and brought in Neale for the first time.