why the talk of trading cash cows now?

Started by lasonjin, May 03, 2011, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

can someone explain to me why people are considering trading out some cash cows now, before they've even peaked in price? i can understand people trading out players like Richardson based on job security or Duigan based on a BE that is greater than his average; but i'm hearing a lot of people wanting to trade out cows like Liberatore already! they have BEs that are more than achieveable, and unless you're really going after a premium that is dirt cheap at the moment, i don't understand why people are even considering it. am i missing something here?

n4cr123

To upgrade there team as quickly as possibly... To jump on a fallen premo, Catch a bargin player before his price sky rockets... As long as you have the team you want i cant see any harm in it...

Ziplock

^ pretty much. Let's say, hypothetically, pendles was to drop down to sub 400k due to a poor game or two. Once those games are out of his rolling average, he'll sky rocket in price, like, he might make 20k a week from an insane game, while a rookie, while not fully matured, may only get 5k. Aye?

:-X

C-Dogg

Im cashing some cows this week, your right though they might not have matured yet but as the others were saying i agree

Footy God

Um....

Libba-Hibberd/Wallis
Duigan-Enright

Not the best idea youve ever heard.

Ziplock

not the worst though. duigan needs to go, you get a premium from it and libba could be an awesome player.

lasonjin

don't get me wrong, i don't mean when people are trading for really cheap premiums. but people are trading for a premium just because it's within their budget, not just because premiums are dirt cheap or are showing signs of turning their form around. i totally understand prematurely culling a cow to get a swan who's bottomed out, but i've seen people cull to get someone who's just averaging what they should.

Ziplock

love4thegame

Quote from: n4cr123 on May 03, 2011, 05:42:03 PM
To upgrade there team as quickly as possibly... To jump on a fallen premo, Catch a bargin player before his price sky rockets... As long as you have the team you want i cant see any harm in it...
+1