Main Menu

Best cricketing sledges

Started by McRooster, December 11, 2010, 05:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Matthew Hayden was in a form slump and breathing down his neck for selection was Phil Jacques.
Haydos had also just released a cook book and was walking off the SCG one day after scoring bugger all and heard from 20 rows back ' Hayden you're finished and that chicken casserole of yours on pg 68 tastes terrible'.

Another said to Merv Hughes when he was in the twilight of his career ' He's three yards slower than a statue now'  :D

bomberboy0618

the vodafone ad "clarky my mum thinks ur hot ":D

CrowsFan

bomberboy0618

BratPack

The best one ever was Merv when he was playing the Pakis. Javed Miandad was smashing him and calling him a fat bus driver. So Merv rips his middle stump out with a yorker and as Javed goes by he holds out his hand and goes "Tickets Please"  ;D

Junktimer

Ian Healy-

During a WSC final at the SCG where the game had
been shortened due to
rain and the atmosphere was running at about 95%
humidity a very exhausted
Arjuna Ranatunga appealed that he had "sprained"
something.

He duly asked the umpire for a runner. As clear as a bell
through the effects mic you heard Healy's legendary reply
"you don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c#$%".

Junktimer

The other, and best I've read about, was by David Hookes to that tall streak of crap, Tony Grieg in the Centenary Test. Grieg was sledging from in close to unsettle Hooksey and after a bit when Hookes wasn't responding Grieg came out with 'Come on, you baby faced barbie, you're too young to be out here playing with men.'
Hookesy's comeback: 'At least I am an Australian, representing my own country in a Test match!!' Conversation over

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Junktimer on December 11, 2010, 05:44:39 PM
The other, and best I've read about, was by David Hookes to that tall streak of crap, Tony Grieg in the Centenary Test. Grieg was sledging from in close to unsettle Hooksey and after a bit when Hookes wasn't responding Grieg came out with 'Come on, you baby faced barbie, you're too young to be out here playing with men.'
Hookesy's comeback: 'At least I am an Australian, representing my own country in a Test match!!' Conversation over
what a sledge :D

Junktimer

1999 World Cup Super 6 match, Australia V South Africa, after Gibbs had dropped Steve Waugh.

Waugh to Gibbs "You have just dropped the World Cup"

Alex7089

Ricky Ponting & Shaun Pollock - After beating the bat a few times in a row, Pollock told Ponting it's red, round & weighs about 5 ounces. The next ball was hammered out of the ground. Then Punter said you know what it looks like, now go find it.

BratPack

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 11, 2010, 06:02:35 PM
Ricky Ponting & Shaun Pollock - After beating the bat a few times in a row, Pollock told Ponting it's red, round & weighs about 5 ounces. The next ball was hammered out of the ground. Then Punter said you know what it looks like, now go find it.

Viv Richards did it to Ian Botham better. Only he used more colorful language.

roo boys!

Quote from: BratPack on December 11, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
The best one ever was Merv when he was playing the Pakis. Javed Miandad was smashing him and calling him a fat bus driver. So Merv rips his middle stump out with a yorker and as Javed goes by he holds out his hand and goes "Tickets Please"  ;D
I play cricket in the same team as Merv's son....so yep, he's got some sledges ;D

Hawka

Classic warney in the 06/07 ashes series to paul collingwood who a got mbe for [playin only 1 test in England of ahses win

Quote"You got an MBE, right? For scoring seven at the Oval? It's an embarrassment

Hawka

another 1
QuoteRicky Ponting & Shaun Pollock: After going past the outside edge with
a couple of deliveries, Pollock told Ponting: "It's red, round & weighs
about 5 ounces." Unfortunately for Pollock, the next ball was hammered
out of the ground. Ponting yelled to Pollock: "you know what it looks
like, now go find it."

RiOtChEsS

2005 Ashes 1st Test Warney was ripping into Collingwood "carn Paul carn Paul u cant bat for shower ur just a hack Paul u no it Paul u no it" bowler charges in... snick>>> ball flies to 2nd slip Warney drops a sitter :-[

a bloke in his 50's that opens for us in A grade no helmet... young tearaway quick gives him a first ball bouncer> head sway... quick says "ur too old to be out here grandpa" old bloke smiles 2nd ball bouncer crack pull shot 4 smiles were traded, 3rd ball bouncer crack pull shot 4 old bloke :) quick  >:( 4th ball bouncer crack hook shot 4 quick "bullshower ya old cower" old bloke "just keep bringing that weak shower" 5th ball bouncer crack hook shot 4 quick "flower flower flower" old bloke turns to the captain at first slip and says "whens the new ball due" 6th ball bouncer whack 6 old bloke said "nice spell young fella" before it had even landed on the clubroom roof... every shot was forward of square leg and played from in front of his face he just stood in the pocket and pasted it... the quick didnt get another bowl all match and the ball looked like it had been chewed on by a dog after 1 over :P