Eagle vs Shark 2015 team thread

Started by GCSkiwi, December 23, 2014, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

Jeepers, haven't done a good job of keeping this updated have I?!

Need some help with my bye plans. Been a little shot this year with injuries etc so not in an ideal place now:

Byes 11 12 13

Def: Simmo, Tosh, Hibberd, Ox, Saad, Newnes, Brown, Heater

Mid: Rocky, Cripps, CEY, Fyfe, Pendles, JPK, Heeney, De Goey, Ward, Brayshaw, Dumont

Ruck: Goldy, NicNat, Read

Fwd: Lids, Swan, Titch, Goddard, Bellcho, Gray, Hogan, Clark

So, in a bit of a pickle. I wanted to hold some people like Saad but I'm currently really screwed in round 12...

Currently have 6/14/10 out in byes, but some of the allegedly "playing" guys in round 12 include Rocky, CEY and Clark who could all actually be out anyway. So some pre-emptive action is needed.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Round 11: Ox/Saad/Brown out, Hamling/A.Pearce/Hodge in. Leaves me with 332k to spend, Hodge in, and byes now 8/12/10

Round 12: Bellcho/Clark/De Goey out, Sloane/Dusty/rook (Lambert/Steele?) in. will use a lot of that cash, but finishes my fwds, adds Sloane to the mids, may need to take a prospective punt on a rook there. Should take me to 18 playing with an 11/10/9 set up.

Round 13: See where it lays but I should be fine at that stage...

I currently have 105k and on current prices I can afford all that, just. The only potential price change in there would be De Goey, I'm expecting him to be price neutral.
Tosh could be straight swap to Brodie Smith in round 13, which would leave me needing 2 mids and with Newnes at D6. The other option would be to grab Smith now instead of Hodge leaving me with more cash going forward... But I think Hodge is a much safer bet than Smith for a keeper.

My worries are that I'll be carrying Hogan with a big BE, and that Rocky really needs to come back!!

Any better suggestions??