The Casserole Kids in 2015

Started by My Chumps, February 10, 2015, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Here's how the team's shaping up at this early stage. Goal of hopefully pushing the top 100 at some stage this year and finish top 500.

11k in the bank. Haven't really looked into bye structure too much atm.

A fair few POD's at the moment, Jaensch, Shaw, Lumumba, Greene, Hanners, Gray, Bennell and Mitchell should all be under 8/10% ownership, but I'm pretty confident with most. Might end up with some more standard picks come round one tho haha.

Smedts and Whitecross are there purely as pricey options to give me flexibility with rooks back there when we get to see a bit more come NAB cup. Really don't expect Smedts to be in my team round one, or at least I hope not haha. I am a touch worried with the structure down there tho, not sure we'll find two good rooks/basement options to start, especially if Whitecross doesn't get up in time.

So tell me what you think, tear it apart.

cuz_crew

very risky.

The mid price strat never works.

rookies will score just as well as most of the smokey mid pricers you have in the team.

get rid of the risky mid pricers and get rookies once you know which rooks will play.

for a good example of a guns and rooks team look here - http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,100569.0.html

Mat0369

I don't know if I would go both Greene and Hanners but I have also picked Hanners for my squad as well. I am not a Bellcho fan and the only other player I see as questionable is Mitchell just because we don't know what his JS is like to go along with his history of injuries

My Chumps

Quote from: cuz_crew on February 10, 2015, 09:21:21 PM
very risky.

The mid price strat never works.

rookies will score just as well as most of the smokey mid pricers you have in the team.

get rid of the risky mid pricers and get rookies once you know which rooks will play.

for a good example of a guns and rooks team look here - http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,100569.0.html
Pure guns-n-rooks is boring as hell haha. Gotta take some chances otherwise where's the fun.

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 10, 2015, 09:35:50 PM
I don't know if I would go both Greene and Hanners but I have also picked Hanners for my squad as well. I am not a Bellcho fan and the only other player I see as questionable is Mitchell just because we don't know what his JS is like to go along with his history of injuries
Confident of at least a 90 average from TMitch this season. This is the guy that busted out and averaged 100 in his first season before tailing away in the last four games of the year with a bit of fatigue. He's had a full pre-season this year and is ready to go big. Absolute ball magnet as we all know.

Probably will change Greene but at the moment he's too good to pass up at a 100 average. Averaged like 125 in the second half of last year or something ridiculous.

Mat0369

Will a 90 average be enough in the forward line though? I love Mitchell as a player but if you are picking guys over 400k you want them to average over 100 because the top 10 forwards are likely to average over 100 this year

My Chumps

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 10, 2015, 09:50:49 PM
Will a 90 average be enough in the forward line though? I love Mitchell as a player but if you are picking guys over 400k you want them to average over 100 because the top 10 forwards are likely to average over 100 this year
Fair call, but from just on 400k I'm happy to accept at least a 90 average from him like I'm expecting with hope that he can push 100.

Ricochet

Haha you weren't joking about a few PODs.

DEF: Love the Lumumba pick man, and you're premos. Not 100% sold on Jaensch, think he might cop more attention and the new coach might change things up back there. But thats more a gut feeling. Smedts at D5 is probably too weak though mate. You might want to consider upgrading him to someone like an Ibbo, or higher to a full premo.
MIDS: Hannebery is a great POD pick and your top end premos are perfect. Not a fan of Greene, see reason below. Rookies are perfect at this stage. Not much wrong with this line man
RUCKS: Same as mine. Perfect :P
FWDS: Very strong and unique. Especially without one of Swan, Lids, DMartin or Goddard. If you're looking for cash you could look to downgrade Gray to one of those for similar output. Can't wait to see TMitch play this year after a full preseason and rookies are fine. Just keep an eye on Clark, he is still battling a calf injury atm.

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2015, 09:41:35 PM
Quote from: storeymjs on January 30, 2015, 08:45:12 PM
Just wondered about people's thoughts on Toby Greene as a genuine midfield premium option.

When he came back from his suspension last year - over the last 9 rounds - he averaged 120.3 and one of those scores was a 63 (his first game back funnily enough).

Considering all of this I am wondering about whether he is deserving of a midfield position.
Yeh he did dominate from RD17 onwards but

Congilio only played up until round 16
Scully only up to round 18
Whitfield only up to round 17

So add those 3 back in, along with Griffen and Greene could be severely hampered. Just something to consider.

My Chumps

Cheers Ric, on point advice as always!

- Yeah, Jaensch is an outsider that's definitely on the verge of a change up. I really like the guy tho, love his story and the way he plays. Could easily become Hibbered tho who I think is next inline.
- Smedts just there until we know a bit more about rookies. Definitely am concerned about the amount of sub 200k players we could have this year in the backline. Might try to find the cash to turn him into Ibbo/Waters if he gets up.
- Gray could easily become Lids/Goddard just depending on whether I need the cash. Gray would be such a quality POD tho imo.

And damn, good point about Greene. I really hadn't looked too much into that. Might reconsider, but still back him to raise his average substantially.

Ricochet

Quote from: My Chumps on February 11, 2015, 12:52:07 PM
Cheers Ric, on point advice as always!

- Yeah, Jaensch is an outsider that's definitely on the verge of a change up. I really like the guy tho, love his story and the way he plays. Could easily become Hibbered tho who I think is next inline.
- Smedts just there until we know a bit more about rookies. Definitely am concerned about the amount of sub 200k players we could have this year in the backline. Might try to find the cash to turn him into Ibbo/Waters if he gets up.
- Gray could easily become Lids/Goddard just depending on whether I need the cash. Gray would be such a quality POD tho imo.

And damn, good point about Greene. I really hadn't looked too much into that. Might reconsider, but still back him to raise his average substantially.
Yeh it'll be very interesting to see how Greene goes this year man. Has potential to be one of the best scorers in the comp. Just really want to see where he fits in that midfield when all the boys are back in there. Griff, Conigs, Ward, Treloar, Whitfield, Scully and possibly Shiel are ahead of him imo. Whether that affects his scoring or not, I'm not sure at all lol

AaronKirk

I wouldn't want to pay nearly 600k for Gray. Will he be able to improve his average to Jelwood, Fyfe territory to justify that spend?  It would be highly unlikely.

Personally I'd go Gray to Swan (I know everyone has him but if he goes 90+ than he is worth his price) and one of Greene/Hanners to a gun premo like Selwood.

It still is a pretty good side none the less.

fasttrack13

Tracca to Beokhurst and upgrade Hanners... He will be lucky to go top 20 IMO especially if you think Titch will go close to 100!

Big Mac

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 12, 2015, 04:41:31 PM
Tracca to Beokhurst and upgrade Hanners... He will be lucky to go top 20 IMO especially if you think Titch will go close to 100!

I don't mind the Hanners pick too much - He had a purple patch from rounds 5-12 where he averaged 124 (he got injured in round 13). So he does have the potential to go big

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 12, 2015, 05:01:07 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 12, 2015, 04:41:31 PM

I don't mind the Hanners pick too much - He had a purple patch from rounds 5-12 where he averaged 124 (he got injured in round 13). So he does have the potential to go big
And its been reported quite a bit how fit he is atm. I don't mind him as a POD premo

My Chumps

So backline problems answered for the meantime, provided Whitecross gets a starting gig.

Umming and ahhhing over Hanners. Still would like to get him in there but can't go past 4 of the 5 that are head and shoulders above the rest.

Seriously can't bring myself to get rid of Bellchambers despite seriously doubting his scoring potential. Having Krooz/Nic Nat is just too risky to do without a backup. Otherwise I'd go rookie + Goddard instead of TMitch.

Thoughts from ya'll?

meow meow

Bennell is Cyril 2.0. Undoubted scoring potential but you won't get 22 out of him. It's why he's not a full time mid yet, his body can't handle it. I'd try to find the 20k and get Dusty in there. Lever and Jed down to Brown and Boek might get it done.