Triple T - Tabs team of Terror

Started by Capper, January 16, 2015, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Not sure what version of my team this is but need to start keeping a blog of it.

Lets call it version 2367

Backs - Jarryn Geary, Mitchell Golby, Aaron Mullet, Gary Rohan, Beau Waters, Zak Jones, Matthew Dick, Hugh Goddard
Mids - Tom Rockliff, Nathan Fyfe, Scott Pendlebury, Scott Selwood, Daniel Rich, Nathan Van Berlo, Shane Biggs, Anthony Morabito, Dom Barry, jed Anderson, Isaac Heeney
Rucks - Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger, Mason Cox
Fwds - Patrick Ryder, Tom Bell, Jack Ziebell, Claye Beams, Michael Waters, Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Clark, Tim Membrey

Backs are hideous this year, so i have gone for some that arent prem in price. Swan just removed from this team

version 5124

Backs - Jarryn Geary, Mitchell Golby, Ricky Henderson, Gary Rohan, Beau Waters, Zak Jones, Matthew Dick, Hugh Goddard
Mids - Tom Rockliff, Nathan Fyfe, Scott Pendlebury, Scott Selwood, Andrew Swallow, Daniel Rich, Nathan Van Berlo, Shane Biggs, Jed Anderson, Isaac Heeney, Ben Newton
Fwds - Patrick Ryder, Tom Bell, Jack Ziebell, Claye Beams, Michael Waters, Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Clark, Tim Membrey

Version 71823

Backs - Jarryn Geary, Mitchell Golby, Ricky Henderson, Gary Rohan, Beau Waters, Matthew Suckling, Matthew Dick, Hugh Goddard
Mids - Tom Rockliff, Nathan Fyfe, Scott Pendlebury, Jack Lloyd, Andrew Swallow, Daniel Rich, Nathan Van Berlo, Shane Biggs, Jed Anderson, Isaac Heeney, Dom Sheed
Fwds - Brendan Goddard, Justin Westhoff, Dane Swan, Jack Ziebell, Michael Waters, Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Clark, Tim Membrey

Version 12467412

Backs - Michael Hibberd, Jack Newnes, Ricky Henderson, Zak Jones, Beau Waters, Matthew Suckling, Matthew Dick, Hugh Goddard
Mids - Tom Rockliff, Scott Selwood, Scott Pendlebury, Jack Lloyd, Andrew Swallow, Daniel Rich, Nathan Van Berlo, Shane Biggs, Jed Anderson, Isaac Heeney, Dom Sheed
Rucks - Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger, Sam Naismith
Fwds - Brendan Goddard, Justin Westhoff, Dane Swan, Jack Ziebell, Michael Waters, Christian Salem, Mitchell Clark, Tim Membrey

Version 2355613623462334

Backs - Michael Hibberd, Jack Newnes, Ricky Henderson, Jarryn Geary, Garrick Ibbotson, Brendan Whitecross, Matthew Dick, Hugh Goddard
Mids - Tom Rockliff, Rory Sloane, Steele Sidebottom, Dyson Heppell, Andrew Swallow, Daniel Rich, Nathan Van Berlo, Shane Biggs, Jed Anderson, Isaac Heeney, Nathan Freeman
Rucks - Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger, Sam Naismith
Fwds - Brendan Goddard, Dane Swan, Michael Waters, Tom Mitchell, Ben Reid, Jack Hannath, Mitchell Clark, Tim Membrey

Money Shot

How many mid pricers do you want :o
Like the idea with the back line but think a more premium/rookie structure is the way to go in the mids.
Also Alot of these picks are pretty shower in my opinion.

Capper

Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2015, 01:17:18 PM
How many mid pricers do you want :o
Like the idea with the back line but think a more premium/rookie structure is the way to go in the mids.
Also Alot of these picks are pretty shower in my opinion.
like?

Money Shot

Golby, Mullet and Rohan I don't see scoring well.
I don't know much about Golby so I could be wrong.
Mullet is in and out of the side a bit and Rohan is one of if not the biggest spuds of all time.

Capper

Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2015, 01:28:25 PM
Mullet is in and out of the side a bit and Rohan is one of if not the biggest spuds of all time.
ok Mullet could be. But how can you call Golby a spud if you dont know anything about him?

Money Shot

Quote from: tabs on January 16, 2015, 01:30:24 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2015, 01:28:25 PM
ok Mullet could be. But how can you call Golby a spud if you dont know anything about him?
I'm not calling Golby a spud? Just saying that from his scoring history he doesn't seem to be a great pick. Could be wrong there and would love to hear your thoughts on him.

Wouldn't go near Rohan at all but if Mullet makes it into the top 21 he could be a great pod.

Vinny

Sorry Tabs, I agree. There is some nice picks in there for sure but some unnecessary risks, that have very little reward.

Golby, Mullet and Rohan will definitely not make the Top 10 in defence so you are just wasting trades there.

I can only count 6 definite keepers. Keepers being top players in their position and ones that are worthy of a spot in your final team.

Rocky, Fyfe, Pendles, Naitanui, Ryder, Mitchell.

Most teams have between 11-14.

Finding 16 keepers with 30 trades is going to be a struggle.

This strategy will only leave you wasting trades and falling behind from the start IMO.

ben_020285

Quote from: Vinny on January 16, 2015, 02:07:56 PM
Sorry Tabs, I agree. There is some nice picks in there for sure but some unnecessary risks, that have very little reward.

Golby, Mullet and Rohan will definitely not make the Top 10 in defence so you are just wasting trades there.

I can only count 6 definite keepers. Keepers being top players in their position and ones that are worthy of a spot in your final team.

Rocky, Fyfe, Pendles, Naitanui, Ryder, Mitchell.

Most teams have between 11-14.

Finding 16 keepers with 30 trades is going to be a struggle.

This strategy will only leave you wasting trades and falling behind from the start IMO.

I echo exactly what Vinny has said and agree with the definite keepers with the exception of Mitchell who is a maybe.

I also think a fit Walters, Ziebell, Waters and Leuenberger also have the potential to be keepers.

None of the others will be keepers though imo so I think you should give them the boot.

Capper

Having seen pictures of Rampe bulked up, there is no way he is the rebounding back. he will take the third tall.I think Rohan becomes the rebounding back and is capable of 70-80 a week.

Im not picking any prem backs as i think they will all drop in price.

Regarding keepers, walters, Berger, Ziebell, Nicnat, Pendles, Scooter, Rocky, Fyfe, Ryder, Titch as could NVB, Clark and Biggs with some great games

ben_020285

Quote from: tabs on January 16, 2015, 02:59:14 PM
Having seen pictures of Rampe bulked up, there is no way he is the rebounding back. he will take the third tall.I think Rohan becomes the rebounding back and is capable of 70-80 a week.

Im not picking any prem backs as i think they will all drop in price.

Regarding keepers, walters, Berger, Ziebell, Nicnat, Pendles, Scooter, Rocky, Fyfe, Ryder, Titch as could NVB, Clark and Biggs with some great games

NVB and Biggs will not be keepers. I am 100% sure of that. A keeper mid needs to average at least 105, preferably 110. You're kidding yourself if you think either will get close to that.

Vinny

SydneyRox

Quote from: Vinny on January 16, 2015, 03:15:28 PM
Yep, Leuy won't be either.

how can you say that conclusively? he has had 2 seasons avg 100 odd, and is only 26 and despite what martin did for half a season last year is still the #1 ruck in his team

Vinny

I can't say it for sure but Martin absolutely dominated last season, they aren't going to leave him out. You'd have to think that Stefan in the ruck would push Berger forward more because Martin is a worse forward. That plus the new ruck rules aren't going to make him better than Goldstein, Sandi, NicNat, Maric and Mumford IMO.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Vinny on January 16, 2015, 03:36:40 PM
I can't say it for sure but Martin absolutely dominated last season, they aren't going to leave him out. You'd have to think that Stefan in the ruck would push Berger forward more because Martin is a worse forward. That plus the new ruck rules aren't going to make him better than Goldstein, Sandi, NicNat, Maric and Mumford IMO.

Its also entirely possible that martin may play mainly fwd this year, he showed he can get the ball and take a good mark, and despite having a spectacular midfield, they have almost no one worthwhile playing fwd.

Berger is the better ruckman, so he should pick up the bulk of the ruck duties and rest fwd when Martin goes for a run

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 16, 2015, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Vinny on January 16, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

Its also entirely possible that martin may play mainly fwd this year, he showed he can get the ball and take a good mark, and despite having a spectacular midfield, they have almost no one worthwhile playing fwd.

Berger is the better ruckman, so he should pick up the bulk of the ruck duties and rest fwd when Martin goes for a run
Agree Berger is the better of the 2 ruckmen. The Lions need forwards and that where i see martin playing and helping berger in the ruck when required