Ahmed Saad - Irregular Drug Sample

Started by Ricochet, July 31, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 01, 2013, 12:32:41 AM
As others said, don't think his Religion would have anything with taking drugs Tbag. Be careful when you bring that card up, have to still respect other's choice of beliefs even if you don't agree with it.

Saying that, back onto topic :). Thought they use to do a like 3 strike rule, with first two just being between them, the player and higher ups at the club, although what I was thinking may be misguided. Still, a 2 year penalty is quite hefty :o.

I think that applies only to recreational drugs HP, I think performance enhancers mean you are straight out the door?

nrich102

Quote from: Scrads on August 01, 2013, 01:38:45 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 01, 2013, 12:32:41 AM
As others said, don't think his Religion would have anything with taking drugs Tbag. Be careful when you bring that card up, have to still respect other's choice of beliefs even if you don't agree with it.

Saying that, back onto topic :). Thought they use to do a like 3 strike rule, with first two just being between them, the player and higher ups at the club, although what I was thinking may be misguided. Still, a 2 year penalty is quite hefty :o.

I think that applies only to recreational drugs HP, I think performance enhancers mean you are straight out the door?
Scrads is right there.

BoredSaint

at least the attention has been drawn away from how shower we are this season :-X

Capper

so what happens if the B sample comes back negative??

Then he would have 1 positive and 1 negative sample

Ziplock

a third test?

they do the 2nd test incase the first one is a false positive- it happens sometimes.

Bluke

I think the only reason he is still playing is because they didnt rub Watson out.

If you return a positive test to an illicit substance at my workplace you dont return to work until the result of the lab analysis. If the lab analysis shows up positive, you never return to work. 

Capper

That is absolute crap that he was allowed to play on the weekend. There is no way he should have played

Ziplock

he's had one irregular test, you can have false positives, hence why you're still allowed to play.

Tominator

Quote from: Bluke on August 05, 2013, 07:54:44 PM
I think the only reason he is still playing is because they didnt rub Watson out.

If you return a positive test to an illicit substance at my workplace you dont return to work until the result of the lab analysis. If the lab analysis shows up positive, you never return to work.

What do you do?

Ziplock

Rusty00

Saad's B sample has come back positive. Has started a provisional suspension.

On my phone so can't post a link

specky92

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-forward-ahmed-saad-returns-positive-b-sample/story-fni5f9q3-1226700964169

'Saad will miss the remaining two matches of the home-and-away season after contacting the AFL on Tuesday to inform them of his positive test'