Ahmed Saad - Irregular Drug Sample

Started by Ricochet, July 31, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

SEN 1116 ‏@SENNews 51s
The Age is reporting that St Kilda small forward Ahmed Saad faces a two-year suspension after delivering an irregular drug sample. #AFL

Mark Stevens ‏@Stevo7AFL 5m
St Kilda working on statement re allegations Saad faces 2 year suspension for unwittingly taking banned substance. Complicate ..ETA unsure

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-31/silence-on-drugs-claim

Names the person who was not named in this report about silence on drug claims.

Ricochet

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-07-31/statement.workstation

St Kilda Football Club can confirm that Ahmed Saad is the player under review by the AFL for an alleged breach of the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Ahmed is surprised and extremely disappointed to find himself in this position, after returning a positive sample to a substance alleged to be on the prohibited list in the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Further tests will be conducted on the substance in the near future.

The product suspected is permitted for use out of competition but is not allowed to be used in competition.

The club is bound by confidentiality under the AFL Anti-Doping code and as a consequence cannot make further comment at this time.

Mr.Craig

Confidentiality?? Apparently that involves releasing the player's name but not the substance involved... ::) I'd have thought it should have been the other way around if anything.

Disappointing this is all coming out prior to the results of the B sample.

nrich102

Takes drugs and still can't make the team...

its me lads

Quote from: nrich102 on July 31, 2013, 06:37:51 PM

Saw the report on the news, he has been criticised for taking illegal sleeping pills before the game  ;D  ;D

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: its me lads on July 31, 2013, 07:29:46 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on July 31, 2013, 06:37:51 PM

Saw the report on the news, he has been criticised for taking illegal sleeping pills before the game  ;D  ;D

They better test the whole saints team after their effort against the cats on the weekend.

tbagrocks

So stiff but still can't kick straight,  ok bad joke

Really don't want too say this, really I don't! But!!!

Yes i'm serious I hate to say this! Muslim player, just saying what others won't!

I know i'll get hate, but who really knows why I will be hated? I do but you won't believe me!

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 31, 2013, 08:10:04 PM

Yes i'm serious I hate to say this! Muslim player, just saying what others won't!

I don't think his religion has anything to do with it mate. Keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on July 31, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

I don't think his religion has anything to do with it mate. Keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.
Like I expected, why comment on what you simply don't know about

What's that? Spirits don't exist :O  You think so?

All I can say then is, good luck!

pyronerd

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 31, 2013, 08:24:50 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 31, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

Like I expected, why comment on what you simply don't know about

What's that? Spirits don't exist :O  You think so?

All I can say then is, good luck!
because the fact that you prefer one set of held beliefs over another obviously makes them a bad person ::)

Noz

This is just Saad hopefully he can come back in a couple of years time and make Ahmed's for what he did.

Spite

Quote from: Noz on July 31, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
This is just Saad hopefully he can come back in a couple of years time and make Ahmed's for what he did.

Cheered you for that!

Tominator

don't think his religious beliefs would have any influence on this case T-Bag.... I can see why you'd think that but I highly doubt it

Justin Bieber

As others said, don't think his Religion would have anything with taking drugs Tbag. Be careful when you bring that card up, have to still respect other's choice of beliefs even if you don't agree with it.

Saying that, back onto topic :). Thought they use to do a like 3 strike rule, with first two just being between them, the player and higher ups at the club, although what I was thinking may be misguided. Still, a 2 year penalty is quite hefty :o.