Main Menu

Another saints scandal

Started by supercoach addict, December 20, 2010, 11:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Someone's been paying too much attention to the photos!

I believe St. Nick, and agree with people stating he should not have thrown Gilbert into the firing squad. Personally I'm amazed he took the photo of Nick Riewoldt. I bet he missed 3 times before he got it

Non-sense issue though. Should be dealth with privately.

Junktimer

Quote from: ossie85 on December 21, 2010, 02:38:43 PM

I believe St. Nick, and agree with people stating he should not have thrown Gilbert into the firing squad. Personally I'm amazed he took the photo of Nick Riewoldt. I bet he missed 3 times before he got it

classic ossie

RiOtChEsS

holy screaming eagles
whats wrong with these blokes... even if a bloke took it how is that any better... um yeah we were drunk and taking nude pictures of each other nothing suss right ::)

Cruiseon

There is some solid work going on in this thread. Very amusing all.  :D

After 3 bad Grand Final's and all this rudey/nudey/dob in a mate stuff, I think Mr Riewoldt might get some good comments from the outer next year as well.

RiOtChEsS

id rather them cover up the story of we took nude photos of each other with "yeah me and my footy mates we"
Aker is laughing all the way to his next interview entitled i told ya so ;D

Master Q

St.Kilda are a bunch of party animals to me. The thing I like about a few teams are that most of there players are there to play Footy, not for the life style, parting etc...

nas

Quote from: Master Q on December 21, 2010, 03:10:51 PM
St.Kilda are a bunch of party animals to me. The thing I like about a few teams are that most of there players are there to play Footy, not for the life style, parting etc...

One of the reasons Blighty got shown the door, culture change they weren't prepared to take.

ossie85

Quote from: Junktimer on December 21, 2010, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on December 21, 2010, 02:38:43 PM

classic ossie

Bet when he got up to go to the toilet he missed from point blank also

Botak

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 21, 2010, 12:33:36 PM
Having seen the pictures and read many of the girl's comments on twitter and formspring, it is pretty clear that she is a very immature and particularly unintelligent girl in a situation that is well beyond her means. This, along with earlier stories, suggest she has been a group of sorts for AFL players. She hasn't taken her share of the responsibility for the pregnancy that resulted from these actions (actions that were taking willingly by both parties).

She feels she hasn't gotten the "attention she deserves" so is throwing a tantrum.

That being said, although Riewoldt is an innocent victim of this, his press conference didn't sit well with me. Not only did he throw a team mate under the bus to protect his image, he did so unnecessarily as no major media outlet was publishing the photos or even the names of the players in the photos, so the majority of people wouldn't have even know. If Gilbert has done the wrong thing, it should have been dealt with internally.

+1

Some whingeing whining bullshower peddling attention-whore who is pissy that she didn't get her way is still desperately groping around with an over-inflated sense of self worth and entitlement for all she can get.

Someone call the Waaaahmbulance.

McRooster

There is always three sides to a story- her side, their side and the truth.

Gentlemen, remember this is somebody's daughter and hope that when you become a father that your little girl is never caught up in something like this.

Let's not be judgemental on the goings on, let's talk about footy.

Stay premium

Justin Bieber

I'll change the topic a tad bit. How do you all think of Gilbert being thrown under the bus by his Skipper? Surely there was no need to name names.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 21, 2010, 09:16:22 PM
I'll change the topic a tad bit. How do you all think of Gilbert being thrown under the bus by his Skipper? Surely there was no need to name names.
Riewoldt was a goof for doing that. It is all over the new, papers, everywhere.

supercoach addict

I agree naming Gilbert achieved nothing at all. Seemed like a very dirty and desperate act by your captain.

Barlow 21

Quote from: supercoach addict on December 21, 2010, 09:27:54 PM
I agree naming Gilbert achieved nothing at all. Seemed like a very dirty and desperate act by your captain.
Was trying to deflect the pressure. ::)

McRooster

Saints players were devastated by the loss to Geelong in 2009.
Ross Lyon savaged the players in their post season addresses and some players it appears took it literally when Ross said "You'll have to go back to  school to learn how to win"  :P

There is always a fall guy in this era of media spin doctoring. Think of "Joe the cameraman" regarding Warnies comments - can't bat, can't bowl.

I'm saying don't believe everything you hear and see, because all too often we are fed the edited side of things to ensure that our opinions fall in the favour of those with the most coin.
Press releases and scapegoats are what we demand and expect to hear and can become the narcotic for the masses, if a side of a story is repeated enough ad nauseam then 'it must be the truth'  :P

Pictures do not always tell a thousand words.