Main Menu

5 Rookie Mids

Started by BGK, March 20, 2010, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

Ive been thinking about it for a while now. I really want to go with it so i can spend the money else where. Everyone would have to agree that Martin and Barlow should play 22 this year. Fingers crossed. I would think that each week going on whats being said that I should be able to get another scoring Mid out of Trengove, Scully and Banner or Shuey. Im sure this has been spoken about before but I wanted to ask everyones opinion. Thanks

GinoGod

u will win your league if u do this but wont get high scores every week

CFC 1979

good luck

it's going to take some cash to trade up that midfield-

GinoGod

if got premiums everywhere else doesnt need to trade but midfield

BGK

My thoughts were that in past years you possibly would have had 3 rookies on the field anyway. Just not all in the Mids.

BGK

So what your saying is Masten or Armitage will be better scorers than The rookies or is the problem just the amount of cash required to upgrade them to premiuims?

BGK

bluevoodoo

I have a team and my "wife" has a team and her team is doing the exact same as you mate! Don't have the balls to do it in my money league team tho! If it works tho it will pay off massively fortune favours the brave.....

Alex7089

Nah to much of a risk for me, could pay off though. Will probably get you league wins but not the best overall finish.

MissPies

Quote from: bestguykai on March 20, 2010, 09:58:36 AM
Ive been thinking about it for a while now. I really want to go with it so i can spend the money else where. Everyone would have to agree that Martin and Barlow should play 22 this year. Fingers crossed. I would think that each week going on whats being said that I should be able to get another scoring Mid out of Trengove, Scully and Banner or Shuey. Im sure this has been spoken about before but I wanted to ask everyones opinion. Thanks

I am assuming you mean 2 rookie benchies and 3 playing correct?
You may be able to pull it off. As long as you had 2 major guns for the other 2 spots.
So many things to consider here though. The mathematics would send my head into a spin and would turn me grey ha.

nas

The trade ups would be the difficult part. Money / using your trades.
Need them to make money quickly & hope that they don't get rested etc.

Ratty

im running with this plan mate. Had is locked in for a while now and going the punt.
i am starting Trengove, Barlow and Martin with Jetta and 1 of either Shuey,Bastinac,Morabito or Banner on the pine.

my other 3 mids are Swan,Bartel and Boyd.

got 5 keeper backs, 1 ruck and 5 fwds to go with the 3 mids.
who knows mate if things go the way they did pre season Barlow and Martin COULD become keepers!!!

woodsy6767

McVeigh and Masten....or Cooney and Morabito

BGK

My mids are Swan, Bartel, Stanton, Trengove, Martin, Barlow and on the bench i have Scully and Bastinac. Bench guys could change yet.

In the rest of my team i have 5 back keepers, 2 Rucks and 2 forwards. My other forwards should improve this year and hopefully a couple of them will become keepers themselves.

It is a risk but realistically i dont see myself as someone who is going after the overall prize. I more of a round win and league win sort of player.

Thanks for all your input.

Paddy13

Quote from: bestguykai on March 22, 2010, 11:07:47 AM
My mids are Swan, Bartel, Stanton, Trengove, Martin, Barlow and on the bench i have Scully and Bastinac. Bench guys could change yet.

In the rest of my team i have 5 back keepers, 2 Rucks and 2 forwards. My other forwards should improve this year and hopefully a couple of them will become keepers themselves.

It is a risk but realistically i dont see myself as someone who is going after the overall prize. I more of a round win and league win sort of player.

Thanks for all your input.

fair enough
I see u have jumped on Stanton
do u think he will do this well all year??