WXV: Pacific Islanders

Started by Jay, February 28, 2013, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Changing from a small role to a bigger role looking to get more involved with the WXV and the Jbag dynasty begins ;) 

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 11, 2013, 06:36:05 PM
Changing from a small role to a bigger role looking to get more involved with the WXV and the Jbag dynasty begins ;)
Ain't got nothing on Elechet (or Ricophant)  :P

Jay

So I thought I should get in on the action and release my 2013 membership campaign for the Islanders. Don't worry, you will not see us spamming the front bar, we will go about our business quietly but secretly building the best young team XV comps have ever seen!

So get on board and start supporting :D

tbagrocks

Media guru Mr X
The Islanders were happy with the first weeks performances, Ben Howlett the star, the young Islanders stood up inn the first game and the fans really responded to the vibe around the Islands.

The new Coaching staf is pleased with how the team has responded and are confident they have the trust of the players, the training in the last few months has been amazing and those around the Islands believe the Islanders can push for a finals berth, they understand the work involved but believe the processes and structures in place can produce quicker than expected results.

The Islanders are happy, everything has gone right since the recent takeover and the sponcers believe the club is in a great position, the fans also agree and the recent trial for the reserves will prove the support with 5000 fans present

The new wave over the Pacific Islanders has begun and the fans couldn't be more happy, the JayBag has commenced and the Islanders are excited!

ossie85

Always a soft spot for the Islanders, go for gold!

AFEV

AFEV

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on March 12, 2013, 02:16:48 PM
so i get downgraded?

Jay

Quote from: tabs on April 02, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 12, 2013, 02:16:48 PM
so i get downgraded?
No. You're senior assistant, tbag is co-coach

Jay

So on the eve of Round 2 we think it would be a good time to go over what happened last weekend.

Pacific Islanders (18.10.118) lost to New York Revolution (20.12.132)

Unfortunately the boys had a tough loss over in New York. We were gallant in defeat but unfortunately didn't have the consistency to get over the line. Unfortunately Dean Terlich was not able to take his place in the starting side and young Luke Brown had to step up to the plate, this did not go well. Brown got subbed off in Q3 due to an ankle problem - we still have high hopes for this kid and was going well before the injury. He is expected to take part in the lineup this week as will Dean Terlich.

Also youngster Claye Beams made his WXV debut and impressed after coming on as the sub. The sub killed us this round with much maligned Sam Blease also copping the green vest. There were a couple of outstanding performances for the Islanders, Benny Howlett had a career best game and earnt his right to step up as VC in round 2. And as always  Tom Rockliff played a blinder as captain and nearly took the game away from the Revolution.

On a better note... Viney, Mohr and Frost impressed for the 2's

Reserves
Port Morseby Iguanadons (12.10.82) defeated Washington Rebellion (12.7.79)

ossie85

Islanders have a tough road ahead I think Jay, but are in good hands!

+10

Jay

Quote from: ossie85 on April 05, 2013, 08:49:15 AM

Islanders have a tough road ahead I think Jay, but are in good hands!

+10
Thanks Oss. Yeah I look forward to taking the Islanders into the future. Never know, with some good trading and possible breakout performances we could start to challenge earlier than many expect! :)

tbagrocks

Media Guru Mr X

Young star draftee Jack Viney will debut this week for the Islanders, the club was delighted to recruit the sone of Melbourne FC Legend Todd, the JayBag is so far excited by the former management and recruiting staff.

Jack gets his opportunity after staring on trace pre-season and a BOG performance in the reserves last week. Jack was so good the Coaching staff had little trouble naming the teenager this week in a crucial match for the Islanders!

Young gun Jack Viney last week

We need and expect improvement from this young list this week and Jack is a big part of that, we weren't bad last week but there are areas we can improve, Jack's ability to win the ball will really help us this year and the supporters are set to turn up to see the youngsters debut!

A long road ahead for a young playing group but the talent and enthusiasm is there, we are confidant of getting a win very soon.

Purple 77

Nice write up tbag

Certainly a future gun player that is for sure  :D

Jay

tbag co-coach

It has been approved... The Islanders officially welcome tbagrocks as co-coach! He has great knowledge of the game especially the youngsters (see his work at Tibet) and we believe he is the perfect guy to help us build for the future. We still have tabs as senior assistant and he will help sort out any times where tbag and I can not agree. Unfortunately nrich has stepped down and will be seeking other opportunities elsewhere.

Islanders win!

In other news, the young Islanders knock off top 4 fancied Samurai in the biggest upset of 2013. This match showed a lot of WXV followers that the Islanders mean business. Our goal is to dominate long-term and be competitive in the short-term and the game against Tokyo just showed us a glimpse of how strong the Pacific lineup will be in a few years.

There were some serious standouts from the game. Jamie Elliot had a career defining game racking up 20 touches and kicking 5 goals, not bad for a 20 year old in only his second season. Ben Howlett backed up his BOG performance last week with 127. Jeremy Howe has been a shining light so far this season averaging 106. Matty Leuenberger returned from injury and made his club debut, he played very well scoring 101, can't wait to see what he does at 100% fitness. Again Tommy Rockliff had a great captains performance again cracking the ton.