WXV Trade Confirmation

Started by Purple 77, September 06, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Beijing give: Touk Miller + N26
Toronto give: Ben Lennon

Pretty much looking for forwards given how bad our forward line was this season. Touk was a ripper in his debut season, but we rate Lennon at Beijing so hoping he can really show something next year.

Adamant to confirm!

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on September 20, 2015, 03:28:49 AM
Beijing give: Touk Miller + N26
Toronto give: Ben Lennon

Pretty much looking for forwards given how bad our forward line was this season. Touk was a ripper in his debut season, but we rate Lennon at Beijing so hoping he can really show something next year.

Adamant to confirm!

Confirmed.

Lennon showed some very good signs late this season but we need midfielders and I really liked what Touk did this year. The second rounder is thrown in as it's forward vs midfielder.

Toga

Beijing give: L.Shiels + T.Varcoe + Pick 6 + Pick 62
Seoul give: B.Ellis + J.Jansen + Pick 8

Looking to strengthen our midfield a bit more - as good as Shiels was this year Ellis is a bit more consistent, so the rest of the deal is just to balance it out. Sad to lose Shiels and Varcoe but stoked to get my boy Brando!

JB to confirm!

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Toga on September 20, 2015, 09:30:06 PM
Beijing give: L.Shiels + T.Varcoe + Pick 6 + Pick 62
Seoul give: B.Ellis + J.Jansen + Pick 8

Looking to strengthen our midfield a bit more - as good as Shiels was this year Ellis is a bit more consistent, so the rest of the deal is just to balance it out. Sad to lose Shiels and Varcoe but stoked to get my boy Brando!

JB to confirm!

Confirmed.

Taking a bit of a downgrade on Ellis to strengthen our teams other lines. Plus one hawk in one tiger out is always good!

Memphistopheles

Let's get some new trades rolling.

Here's one from Cape Town and Seoul.

Cape Town gives: Nick Haynes + Cam McCarthy

Seoul gives: Trent McKenzie + Lukas Webb

Our reasoning. We rate Trent McKenzie quite highly and think that in the future he will be used in a more fantasy friendly role after having to 'fight out of his weight division (play on bigger and taller opponents) this year. Nick Haynes will probably do similar at GWS but, we prefer McKenzie and both clubs rate him a bit higher.

So the difference in the trade is made up by Cam McCarthy and Lukas Webb. McCarthy is ahead of Webb this season having played 20 games and kicked 35 goals and it's a risk trading him if he goes to a new club where he gets more opportunities.

However, he's no guarantee to be better at a new club. If rumours are true and the main guy at the club he's going to retires at the end of this year then he might have to deal with the best defender each week so we're happy to take a chance on Webb who showed some good signs this year and is an elite kick.

JBs-Hawks

Confirmed

Trading away two elite kicking defenders who are sure to be good servants of Cape towns defense for years to come. But we wanted to bring in another young forward and I'm a fan of Haynes too.

Purple 77

QuoteTrade 24
Rio de Janeiro trade: Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Pick 79 + PSD Pick 5
Dublin trade: Travis Boak + Jobe Watson + Josh Bruce + Jason Holmes

Rio actually have PSD Pick 4, not 5. There are no priority picks in either the pre-season or rookie draft.

But to be thorough, need both coaches to confirm the change, then consider it done.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
QuoteTrade 24

Rio actually have PSD Pick 4, not 5. There are no priority picks in either the pre-season or rookie draft.

But to be thorough, need both coaches to confirm the change, then consider it done.

Pass.  To use the pick I skip in nat right?

meow meow

Christchurch trade: Liam Picken
New York trade: Leigh Montagna

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 07:27:04 PM
Christchurch trade: Liam Picken
New York trade: Leigh Montagna

Confirm

Libba returning may have an impact on Pickens role, but we are confident he will never go back to being a tagger whilst Bev is at the helm. Joey will score more, which I'm sure helps Christchurch as they are in "their window" where as getting a player who is a few years younger and has the ability to average 90-100 with a pretty decent ceiling makes this trade beneficial to both teams

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
QuoteTrade 24

Confirmed

kilbluff1985

Seoul trade Lachlan Keefe
Rio trade  NAT 61

Levi434

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Dale Thomas, Jack Grimes, Rory Atkins, Pick 35 + Pick 53
Tokyo trade: Chris Yarran + Pick 10

I like the looks of Yarran as a defender, and I'm happy to take the "risk" that he will be a decent defender. Pick 10 is also very handy. All of those players I'm trading have both up and downsides, so I suppose this trade is eliminating some risk for me.

Boomz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 25, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Berlin trade: Dale Thomas, Jack Grimes, Rory Atkins, Pick 35 + Pick 53
Tokyo trade: Chris Yarran + Pick 10

I like the looks of Yarran as a defender, and I'm happy to take the "risk" that he will be a decent defender. Pick 10 is also very handy. All of those players I'm trading have both up and downsides, so I suppose this trade is eliminating some risk for me.

Confirmed.