WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on November 18, 2015, 11:21:43 AM
The coaches are that negged the Cotchin deal must seriously overrate him or underrate Adams because they're hardly far enough apart to warrant that deal attract a vote.

People genuinenly shower the bed as soon as big name is put into a deal. Time to start having more faith that all parties concerned have a clear idea of what they're doing when they trade and only neg the deals that are terrible. I really don't think 92 or 100 fit that (I get the latter failed because it's subject to the slightly more controversial one).

It's funny how several coaches noted that Sidebottom/Adams are similar, but then Cotchin/Adams are not. LOL ridiculous

Anyway, we will tweak things to get it through, but yes some coaches take this way too serious. Your vote is to protect a team from getting rorted, not neg trades where there are marginal wins in your opinion

Anyway, hopefully we can discuss and review this current system and try and improve it for next year because right now with 18 coaches voting the standard deviation between each coaches opinions is way too big

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 18, 2015, 11:26:00 AM
Quote from: Nige on November 18, 2015, 11:21:43 AM
The coaches are that negged the Cotchin deal must seriously overrate him or underrate Adams because they're hardly far enough apart to warrant that deal attract a vote.

People genuinenly shower the bed as soon as big name is put into a deal. Time to start having more faith that all parties concerned have a clear idea of what they're doing when they trade and only neg the deals that are terrible. I really don't think 92 or 100 fit that (I get the latter failed because it's subject to the slightly more controversial one).

It's funny how several coaches noted that Sidebottom/Adams are similar, but then Cotchin/Adams are not. LOL ridiculous
Yeah, I need a proper in-depth explanation as to how Sidey/Adams are closer than Cotch/Adams. That's objectively not true.

Purple 77

Oh yeah, I probably didn't make it clear, that I would have passed Cotch/Adams trade, so really as soon as Mexico City sort out getting Adams, and it gets approved, then consider that trade approved as well.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 18, 2015, 11:32:23 AM
Oh yeah, I probably didn't make it clear, that I would have passed Cotch/Adams trade, so really as soon as Mexico City sort out getting Adams, and it gets approved, then consider that trade approved as well.

Was just about to say this

Only attracted 3 votes and Purps was fine with is so it passes. Cairo/Mexico deal can stay as is. Just let us rejig the previous trade and if that gets through then this will

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 18, 2015, 11:32:23 AM
Yeah nah, I noted that. I'm still just really curious to know how/why the 3 coaches that negged it think the gap between them is so big.

Jroo

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 18, 2015, 09:06:04 AM
Coaches comments: Common theme was that this trade strengthens Mexico City by too much; feeling Adams/Sidebottom are fairly equal, and that the Hurn to Shaw upgrade is too substantial for the rest of the trade to make up for it.
Did people also realise I'm losing a best XV player (well U2) for a young player who wasn't even best XV last year? Grigg to Hrovat is a massive downgrade for me too, and 90+ ave mids even though there are a few around are not easy to come by. I literally asked every coach here looking for one to replace Grigg but didnt come close to finding one - because they weren't cheap.

Sidey > Adams, but then Hurn < Shaw, but Grigg to Hrovat was where I lost most but it seems people didn't even take that into account

JBs-Hawks

Stanton is your u2, not Grigg.

Holz

Quote from: JROO8 on November 18, 2015, 12:18:57 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 18, 2015, 09:06:04 AM
Coaches comments: Common theme was that this trade strengthens Mexico City by too much; feeling Adams/Sidebottom are fairly equal, and that the Hurn to Shaw upgrade is too substantial for the rest of the trade to make up for it.
Did people also realise I'm losing a best XV player (well U2) for a young player who wasn't even best XV last year? Grigg to Hrovat is a massive downgrade for me too, and 90+ ave mids even though there are a few around are not easy to come by. I literally asked every coach here looking for one to replace Grigg but didnt come close to finding one - because they weren't cheap.

Sidey > Adams, but then Hurn < Shaw, but Grigg to Hrovat was where I lost most but it seems people didn't even take that into account

Hurn to Shaw is massive though.

the man is coming off a 112 year from 22 games.

Hurn in 2014 and 2013 went 87. He fell to 76 this year and this is partly due to injuries to KPD but also other guys taking the ball off him with rebounding roles. You could bump him up to 80-85 based off the KPD guys. Thats a 27-32 point differential.

Grigg did had a good year but he could easily drop with players better then him overtaking him. so no a 90 average mid at best isnt enough to counter a 80-85 defender to the best defender in the comp.

so Sidey > adams   Hurn <<<<<< Shaw  Grigg > Hroovat

Ringo

"but yes some coaches take this way too serious"

If coaches are not to take this seriously why not have open slather and let all trades be approved automatically then.

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on November 18, 2015, 05:27:23 PM

If coaches are not to take this seriously why not have open slather and let all trades be approved automatically then.

love it. very solid idea.

RaisyDaisy

We all take it serious, but some are just being way too pedantic and precious

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 18, 2015, 05:43:48 PM

Yeah flowering hell that GL guy really needs to loosen up a bit :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on November 18, 2015, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 18, 2015, 05:43:48 PM

Yeah flowering hell that GL guy really needs to loosen up a bit :P
hahaha

GoLions

Why can't we all just get along like we did back in middle school

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on November 18, 2015, 06:49:55 PM
Why can't we all just get along like we did back in middle school
Do you wish that you could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles, and we'd all eat it and be happy?