WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Sorry lads.

Been away from a computer for a couple of days.

Online now to see if there's any trades/business to be sorted out though I think MC has gotten through most of our business.

Memphistopheles

Okay so looking at our list and we have too many players.

Also we have either traded away or delisted all our rookies.

So we're looking to pick up rookie picks. And, if you have a player you'd like to offer up for two of ours we'd definitely consider it.

Guys that could easily move just for the best Rookie Pick (or a small off) are as follows:

Harrison Marsh, Lincoln McCarthy, Jack Hiscox, Brandon Jack, Nathan Drummond and maybe even Billie Smedts or Will Schofield

Can throw in the following to sweeten the deal

Nat 65, Nat 83, PSD 8, PSD 26

PS - Come on chat for deadline day people!

http://ffchat.wix.com/chat

kilbluff1985

lol people still posting trades

Hellopplz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 16, 2015, 01:51:13 AM
lol people still posting trades
I like how alot of deals are happening after midnight. I'd say the ones close to midnight are alright, but people had plenty of time to discuss trades so lets see if the Admin will be strict with the rules ;).

Memphistopheles

Midnight?

It's not even 11pm yet :P #WST

Adamant

There have been a couple of my trades in particular (and probably others) in the past that were confirmed after the time of the most recent trade, and they were still eligible for that weeks voting process. So I would assume the trades would still be alright to go through if we want to keep it consistent, especially given people are in different time zones.

But it's not my call so we'll see what Purps decides to do.

DazBurg

yeah ones like 10 minutes over some are over 30 minutes over

what is the point of a deadline?

ok who wants to trade we'll keep going :P

RaisyDaisy

Pretty funny seeing so many trades after midnight aest lol

No need to be stringent here - let them through I say

Purple 77

Yeah. The deadline was midnight... who know's, there may have been some coaches at 1 AM (you crazy people :P) that may have wanted to do a trade, but thought they couldn't so didn't  :-\

There is also the valid point that you guys had all this time to negotiate trades... so I'm not going to count any trades posted after 12AM sorry guys  :-\

Which means the last trade was:

QuoteCape Town gives: Trent West + Brandon Jack

New Delhi gives: Rookie 1 + Lewis Pierce

Ricochet

Voted :)

And with that done, i think i need a holiday

Purple 77

Probably just a good time to remind everyone about how this year's rookie draft will work:

Seeing as we won't know how many players will be available, everyone will have 4 minus the amount of rookie they have.

For example, one team keeps two rookies, then they will have 2 picks (their first two rookie picks). That team won't be able to use their 3rd and 4th round picks.

After the first 4 rounds, all teams will re-enter the draft and we will keep drafting until all players are drafted.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2015, 12:01:04 PM
Probably just a good time to remind everyone about how this year's rookie draft will work:

Seeing as we won't know how many players will be available, everyone will have 4 minus the amount of rookie they have.

For example, one team keeps two rookies, then they will have 2 picks (their first two rookie picks). That team won't be able to use their 3rd and 4th round picks.

After the first 4 rounds, all teams will re-enter the draft and we will keep drafting until all players are drafted.

Hey I was wondering as well - with the National Drft what happens if we run out of players to pick?

My understanding is that this could be the slimmest year for AFL clubs taking players since the WXV started. I know we have delisted WXV players to pick from but, I don't think we will get to 70 picks, let alone further than that.

Ricochet

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 16, 2015, 12:27:50 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2015, 12:01:04 PM

Hey I was wondering as well - with the National Drft what happens if we run out of players to pick?

My understanding is that this could be the slimmest year for AFL clubs taking players since the WXV started. I know we have delisted WXV players to pick from but, I don't think we will get to 70 picks, let alone further than that.
We'll just have to pass and go into the PSD draft to pick up rookies to fill up our primary list. AFL clubs still have to fill up their lists, like us, so it should work out over the 3 drafts

RaisyDaisy

Glad that we put ourselves into a position where only NAT 18,19,20 and PSD1 are required for our senior list, because although there might be the odd diamond in the rough, this draft doesn't look deep at all which is why we got rid of all picks with NAT 38 being our latest which we will pass on now anyway

Hopefully the PSD and Rookie lists have some gems hidden them

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 16, 2015, 01:14:07 PM
Glad that we put ourselves into a position where only NAT 18,19,20 and PSD1 are required for our senior list, because although there might be the odd diamond in the rough, this draft doesn't look deep at all which is why we got rid of all picks with NAT 38 being our latest which we will pass on now anyway

Hopefully the PSD and Rookie lists have some gems hidden them
20 to about 40 is pretty even and then it drops off a bit from that, but there will still be okish later picks.