WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

btw the over analysis part was basically i can use diofferent stats to back up most arguments of why it should or should not pass too

i simply think it is too much for ward who i don't rate that massivley

(i have never ever had him in SC once)

meow meow

Anyone want Zac Dawson? Joel Patfull? Pick 91?

DazBurg

but will admit this off season had pissed me off with all the crap

so to everyone's happiness i will not even think and pass all trades saves going through having to basically explain myself

(not me having a sook or anything simply over the crap of one can pass one cannot if we pass them all everyone happy)

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2015, 11:28:49 PM
Anyone want Zac Dawson? Joel Patfull? Pick 91?
Can we have these guys plus those mentioned earlier for a packet of chips?

It's a fair trade and shouldn't get negged or cause an uproar.  8)

GoLions

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 11:30:52 PM

so to everyone's happiness i will not even think and pass all trades saves going through having to basically explain myself

(not me having a sook or anything simply over the crap of one can pass one cannot if we pass them all everyone happy)
For a moment thought you meant like, physically, how much crap one can pass through their poopmaker

DazBurg

Quote from: GoLions on November 04, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 11:30:52 PM

For a moment thought you meant like, physically, how much crap one can pass through their poopmaker
oh no i can do a fair bit myself so know it is possible ;)

GoLions

Will need a top 5 pick there meow

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 11:00:12 PM
Way too much over analysis going on here

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:40:51 PM
never said he was his just one i like being a bomber

You didn't say Hep was a super prem, but you did say you would have passed the trade if it was Hepp and not Ward being offered, so it's the same thing - rating Hep above Ward by that much to change your decision when Hepp is not THAT much better than Ward at all

Whether Hooker is 25 or 27 is irrelevant. He is still in the peak of his career and besides TMac nearly every other higher averaging defender is older than him. It's not like the midfield where there are plenty of young premiums.

A 27 year old premium defender holds a fair bit of worth IMO, but at the same time Ward is Captain material.

I'd say Beijing paid quite a bit for Ward, but at the same time you need to ask yourself - how many Premium Mids like Ward are A) on the table, and B) being traded where a premium mid is not being returned?

Moscow might appear to be winning, but did you factor in the massive hole in their midfield by losing Ward and not getting a replacement for him/losing a captain option? They get a starting defender, Pick 8 that isn't guaranteed to be anything and Bell who is most likely depth

At the end of the day, there are pro's and con's for both teams with this trade, but one team was not getting a massive win over another IMO, and as long as that doesn't happen a trade should pass.

So far Mundy, Liberatore, Gaff, Prestia, Cotchin, Redden, J Lewis, M Murphy, Boak, B Ellis, Montagna, Treloar, T Adams, and Macrae have all changed clubs this off season.

As has Stefan Martin who was in the top 15 scorers last year.

So there are a lot of quality mids/captain options on the table for the right price.

This was not the right price for Ward.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 05, 2015, 02:56:22 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 11:00:12 PM
Way too much over analysis going on here

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:40:51 PM
never said he was his just one i like being a bomber

You didn't say Hep was a super prem, but you did say you would have passed the trade if it was Hepp and not Ward being offered, so it's the same thing - rating Hep above Ward by that much to change your decision when Hepp is not THAT much better than Ward at all

Whether Hooker is 25 or 27 is irrelevant. He is still in the peak of his career and besides TMac nearly every other higher averaging defender is older than him. It's not like the midfield where there are plenty of young premiums.

A 27 year old premium defender holds a fair bit of worth IMO, but at the same time Ward is Captain material.

I'd say Beijing paid quite a bit for Ward, but at the same time you need to ask yourself - how many Premium Mids like Ward are A) on the table, and B) being traded where a premium mid is not being returned?

Moscow might appear to be winning, but did you factor in the massive hole in their midfield by losing Ward and not getting a replacement for him/losing a captain option? They get a starting defender, Pick 8 that isn't guaranteed to be anything and Bell who is most likely depth

At the end of the day, there are pro's and con's for both teams with this trade, but one team was not getting a massive win over another IMO, and as long as that doesn't happen a trade should pass.

So far Mundy, Liberatore, Gaff, Prestia, Cotchin, Redden, J Lewis, M Murphy, Boak, B Ellis, Montagna, Treloar, T Adams, and Macrae have all changed clubs this off season.

As has Stefan Martin who was in the top 15 scorers last year.

So there are a lot of quality mids/captain options on the table for the right price.

This was not the right price for Ward.
Well actually it was Memph, because Toga and I/Jukes both agreed to the offer.

I wonder what would happen if we had this system in the AFL,  :P ::)

Nige

If anyone is selling decent mids at a reasonable price and not overvaluing them, please PM me.  :)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on November 05, 2015, 02:20:50 PM
If anyone is selling decent mids at a reasonable price and not overvaluing them, please PM me.  :)

Don't expect any PM's lol

Ricochet

Ward is going pretty cheap atm

JBs-Hawks

Surely you should have made plays for Trengove, Myers and Conca when NDT were selling them at reasonable prices

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 05, 2015, 02:25:30 PM

Don't expect any PM's lol
I'm not. I never have. I never will.  :P

Holz

oh im mad.

My trade gets rejected by "winning too much"

now its probably getting pulled by the coaches who "win by too much"

and i might have to pay more.

something is wrong here.

almost at tipping point. might shut up shop on trading and banter. Not fun anymore.

this just isnt fair that 5 coaches out of 18 can say im winning too much then i lose doing a deal i need to do.