Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 06:58:55 PM
What offer torps
Zach merret for docherty??
Yes,  ;)
so that one is more unfair then the one negged?

explain how so?

Hellopplz

We need the high scoring mids and I'd prefer Shiel over that and a pick. If Hooker was there it may be enough even if we love Shiel. But for team structure, we were looking for 100+ mids, so a bit redundant to trade one out.

EDIT: Given we'd have to give more like a 2nd round pick or something at least.

JBs-Hawks

Well bingo, thats what Beijing want to do.

Torpedo10

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:07:56 PM
What offer torps
Yes,  ;)

explain how so?
People have said a 90 average Defender = a 115 average Mid.

Both Merrett and Docherty average 90, but Merrett is a Mid and Dochers Def.  :P Dochers is also younger, and would be improving more than Hooker if you want to compare the two trades,

DazBurg

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2015, 10:06:06 PM
Well any 89 mid + a top 10 pick
so if bell keeps fwd status does it become a neg then?

if elliot is worth N2 (ofc a bit more scoring history too him but still there is a basis there)

also loo at mitch robinson i was one of the people who thought he'd never go that good there midfield was too stack already etc

92 ave mid/fwd
with an ave of 114 over last 8 games

Hellopplz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2015, 10:15:27 PM
Well bingo, thats what Beijing want to do.
Then again, we never said Bell + N8 was worth Ward :o. I don't know where you got that from JB haha. But I did say if Shiel = Ward, we'd still have to give more to net Hooker, as even if you spin it, he's a #15 defender going into next year. Moscow were giving #70 for Newton (Newton worth more than 70 as well), which is why I said a depth player or something else from Moscow would get the deal over. Given, I didn't mind it but being a Co-Coach you hear a different take on things so took that into consideration.

Saying this, we'll just keep going round in circles as everybody is entitled to their own opinion and it's a flaw of the system so something to look into during the off-season now to correct for next season (e.g. like a panel not involved in Worlds but know SC scoring well).

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 10:17:14 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:07:56 PM
What offer torps
Yes,  ;)

explain how so?
People have said a 90 average Defender = a 115 average Mid.

Both Merrett and Docherty average 90, but Merrett is a Mid and Dochers Def.  :P Dochers is also younger, and would be improving more than Hooker if you want to compare the two trades,

so like you said comparing the 2
hooker is older agreed so not worth a 115 mid
his worth what say a 105 mid?

ward ave 106

soooooo

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
So Daz, are you suggesting Heppell is a super prem but Ward isn't? Not sure how you think Heppell would be fair but Ward isn't, but I guess that's a classic example of how we all have different views :)

Me personally, I'd take Ward over Heppell every day of the week

And Torp, yes ONE coach said you lose but FIVE said Beijing lose, hence my comments :)
never said he was his just one i like being a bomber

like how purps would want hogan

does it mean it is any fairer?....no of course not then then i wouldn't be voting on the trade

niether is a super premo but hepps 2 years younger and already matching wards output

if ppl are going to say oh he has had 1 good year (i.e hooker or bell or shiel or merrett or libba or whoever)
then same has to be said for high scorers
1 season over 110

rest around the same as nearly every other half decent mid

if we are counting some good scores for some players and some for not others

yeah ward ave 112 last year making him 11th for the year

nathan jones scored 108 and was 16th
yeah over more then 1 season not as good as ward
but reason you cannot take 1 good season for some and not others

RaisyDaisy

Way too much over analysis going on here

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:40:51 PM

You didn't say Hep was a super prem, but you did say you would have passed the trade if it was Hepp and not Ward being offered, so it's the same thing - rating Hep above Ward by that much to change your decision when Hepp is not THAT much better than Ward at all

Whether Hooker is 25 or 27 is irrelevant. He is still in the peak of his career and besides TMac nearly every other higher averaging defender is older than him. It's not like the midfield where there are plenty of young premiums.

A 27 year old premium defender holds a fair bit of worth IMO, but at the same time Ward is Captain material.

I'd say Beijing paid quite a bit for Ward, but at the same time you need to ask yourself - how many Premium Mids like Ward are A) on the table, and B) being traded where a premium mid is not being returned?

Moscow might appear to be winning, but did you factor in the massive hole in their midfield by losing Ward and not getting a replacement for him/losing a captain option? They get a starting defender, Pick 8 that isn't guaranteed to be anything and Bell who is most likely depth

At the end of the day, there are pro's and con's for both teams with this trade, but one team was not getting a massive win over another IMO, and as long as that doesn't happen a trade should pass.

meow meow

Anyone want Viojo-Rainbow?

meow meow

Anyone want Jake Stringer?

meow meow

Anyone want Aaron vandenBerg?

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2015, 11:23:11 PM
Anyone want Jake Stringer?
I do. However, I don't think we'll be able to pay what he's worth.

meow meow

Anyone want Daniel McKenzie?

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 11:00:12 PM
Way too much over analysis going on here

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 10:40:51 PM

You didn't say Hep was a super prem, but you did say you would have passed the trade if it was Hepp and not Ward being offered, so it's the same thing - rating Hep above Ward by that much to change your decision when Hepp is not THAT much better than Ward at all

Whether Hooker is 25 or 27 is irrelevant. He is still in the peak of his career and besides TMac nearly every other higher averaging defender is older than him. It's not like the midfield where there are plenty of young premiums.

A 27 year old premium defender holds a fair bit of worth IMO, but at the same time Ward is Captain material.

I'd say Beijing paid quite a bit for Ward, but at the same time you need to ask yourself - how many Premium Mids like Ward are A) on the table, and B) being traded where a premium mid is not being returned?

Moscow might appear to be winning, but did you factor in the massive hole in their midfield by losing Ward and not getting a replacement for him/losing a captain option? They get a starting defender, Pick 8 that isn't guaranteed to be anything and Bell who is most likely depth

At the end of the day, there are pro's and con's for both teams with this trade, but one team was not getting a massive win over another IMO, and as long as that doesn't happen a trade should pass.

it's simply one of those trades that didn't sit well with any there are plenty i could say the same about

like london trading stanton + bagaley for gray and 19
that is a win for both teams but was deemed unfair

the thing that makes worlds different is we have this voting system you've had plenty not pass hold has had plenty they can simply go away and fix it
not that hard for the effort they put into complaining it would already be done