WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:33:22 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
You're all pathetic.

Wow Seriously?

Just upgrade your pick from 70 to 34 and remove Newton from the deal. That should do it, but then again we passed it originally so maybe the neggers can make a suggestion
That was towards the neggers RD.

When a coach says that we lose, I can't possibly see how we need to reduce our offer. We've also been told that Bell isn't even best 22 by the most experienced Brissy supporter on here IMO, so how can a 28yo 90 average defender with Newton and a scraping Ten pick be even close to Ward, a 110 midfielder in his prime?

elephants

You're all pathetic.

I know you haven't yet reached puberty Torp, but lets try and be mature about this.

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:39:15 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 04, 2015, 04:30:49 PM
I cant afford to do simple trades as its changing my structure.

I need to pick up chris yarran because im losing hansen and bob murphy.

if one of those deals fails then im left with too many defenders or not enough defenders.

we can just seperate the deal out. then people can say what part of it is unfair. and none of this team A B C D win and lose by too much rubbish.

13/18 people passed it and the small minority of 5 coaches couldnt decide if it was Team A winning or losing. the deal is fair and when its simplified it should pass.

Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Bob Murphy, Lachie Hansen & 32
Rio trade: Pick 5 and 43

Then you can do a deal with Berlin

Dublin trade: Michael Walters + 43
Berlin trade: Chris Yarran + Bailey Dale

That seems pretty simple, and you get to keep Walker and Van Berlo

Ok lets say one of those deals fails lets say Walters.

Now I have a massive defender problem.

Would be easier if I had confidence in getting a fair deal approved.

By the way the first deal was far far worse for dublin then this deal were as was getting "killed"

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
You're all pathetic.

Wow Seriously?

Just upgrade your pick from 70 to 34 and remove Newton from the deal. That should do it, but then again we passed it originally so maybe the neggers can make a suggestion

When a coach says that we lose, I can't possibly see how we need to reduce our offer. We've also been told that Bell isn't even best 22 by the most experienced Brissy supporter on here IMO, so how can a 28yo 90 average defender with Newton and a scraping Ten pick be even close to Ward, a 110 midfielder in his prime?

What? The coaches that negged your deal said Beijing lose, not you, hence my suggestion

Hooker is a starting defender, so getting Bell who is solid XV depth and potentially a starter and Pick 8 for Ward is fair IMO, which is why I suggested dropping Newton from the deal and giving Beijing a better pick to balance it out better

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 04, 2015, 04:52:48 PM

if one of those deals fails then im left with too many defenders or not enough defenders.

we can just seperate the deal out. then people can say what part of it is unfair. and none of this team A B C D win and lose by too much rubbish.

13/18 people passed it and the small minority of 5 coaches couldnt decide if it was Team A winning or losing. the deal is fair and when its simplified it should pass.

By the way the first deal was far far worse for dublin then this deal were as was getting "killed"

Purps said that not a single coach mentioned Berlin in the deal. Your deal with them was fair and will never fail. Guaranteed pass

There's no point sounding like a broken record about how unfair you think you're judged, deals not being fair etc. All this does is build your complex and it's not helping you. The trades you try pulling off are clearly questionable for some coaches, so instead of going around in circles and trying to do the same mega deals it might be time to play some small ball

It cant be a coincidence that you're the only one who has so much trouble getting trades done and always does big trades. Whether you like it or not, it might be time to change the way you trade man  :-\

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 05:01:41 PM

Purps said that not a single coach mentioned Berlin in the deal. Your deal with them was fair and will never fail. Guaranteed pass

There's no point sounding like a broken record about how unfair you think you're judged, deals not being fair etc. All this does is build your complex and it's not helping you. The trades you try pulling off are clearly questionable for some coaches, so instead of going around in circles and trying to do the same mega deals it might be time to play some small ball

It cant be a coincidence that you're the only one who has so much trouble getting trades done and always does big trades. Whether you like it or not, it might be time to change the way you trade man  :-\

Fair enough but unless people think Hansen 5 for 3 is the problem then walker just swung my trade from terrible in my favour to terribly out of my favour.

I struggle to wrap my head around that

I legit want advice on what to do. Would love your thoughts

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 04, 2015, 05:04:02 PM

Fair enough but unless people think Hansen 5 for 3 is the problem then walker just swung my trade from terrible in my favour to terribly out of my favour.

Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Michael Walters, Lachlan Hansen, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker + Pick 32
Dublin receive: Chris Yarran, Bailey Dale + Pick 3

Walters and 32 for Yarran and Dale is fine (I know you used 43 from Rio but 32 is the same thing more or less for this example)

That leaves:
Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Lachlan Hansen, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker for Pick 3

5 players, whom 3 if not 4 could all be starters in some teams for One pick. Surely you don't need me to tell you why some coaches think you're paying too much here?

I understand Thommo and Bob might only have a year left or two, and Pick 3 could have 10 but it comes down to how coaches view trades and we are all different. If they are saying you're giving too much, then just trim it back and make it work
Forgot about the trade a couple of weeks ago that traded. Hansen and Walker were not in those trades so there is no point comparing - just have to move on

JBs-Hawks

You guys just said that he couldnt do old guys for pick 5 cos he wins too much and now he adds in the younger guys as requested. (Who are spuds and wouldn't play for dublin anyway) and now hesnlosing too much?

Where are the neggers?

nostradamus

Some advice from someone totally independent here Holz

I've had a read over the thread......so much of the discussion seems to go around in circles.

RD is pretty much spot on man, just keep it simple, the bigger the trade the harder it is to get across the line.........especially in this format where all coaches can have a say.

I understand why you want to do the big ones structure-wise, but it's largely a waste of effort.

You'll accomplish much the same thing by doing it in piece-work.

Yes you may miss out on player x in trade 2 or player y in trade 3, but in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. Because you're a good trader and will find someone else that fits your needs.

Then your trades will pass and you'll achieve your goals.

**Rids and I have three very different teams in EXV, AXV & at the end last year took on a real challenge with Grope Lane Giants in BXV (where we have only 5 of the original squad left since we took over, through delistings and trades lol). But with all we maintain the same core trading strategy.......keep it simple, make them suit both teams needs and have them as win/win scenarios.
In general teams like trading with us ......... well the ones who trade with us do anyway  ;)

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 05:10:53 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 04, 2015, 05:04:02 PM

Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Michael Walters, Lachlan Hansen, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker + Pick 32
Dublin receive: Chris Yarran, Bailey Dale + Pick 3

Walters and 32 for Yarran and Dale is fine (I know you used 43 from Rio but 32 is the same thing more or less for this example)

That leaves:
Scott Thompson, Robert Murphy, Lachlan Hansen, Nathan van Berlo, Josh Walker for Pick 3

5 players, whom 3 if not 4 could all be starters in some teams for One pick. Surely you don't need me to tell you why some coaches think you're paying too much here?

I understand Thommo and Bob might only have a year left or two, and Pick 3 could have 10 but it comes down to how coaches view trades and we are all different. If they are saying you're giving too much, then just trim it back and make it work
Forgot about the trade a couple of weeks ago that traded. Hansen and Walker were not in those trades so there is no point comparing - just have to move on

Thanks ill try that.

If its just a few fringe guys swinging the deals then it should easily go through next time. Got over 70% of the votes this time so should be almost 100% next time

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:53:45 PM
You're all pathetic.

Wow Seriously?

What? The coaches that negged your deal said Beijing lose, not you, hence my suggestion

Hooker is a starting defender, so getting Bell who is solid XV depth and potentially a starter and Pick 8 for Ward is fair IMO, which is why I suggested dropping Newton from the deal and giving Beijing a better pick to balance it out better
ONE coach said we lost by enough to net the trade.

Yes, where are the neggers? Haven't had one person be honourable enough to actually open up to this. Purple, maybe an idea is to open who votes Yes/No to each trade. Would remove begging just for the sake of it.

Quote from: elephants on November 04, 2015, 04:48:08 PM
You're all pathetic.

I know you haven't yet reached puberty Torp, but lets try and be mature about this.
Such a mature response.  :P

Purple 77

You're all pathetic.

Second Moscow coach to resort to stuff like this today, but I didn't delete this message quick enough.

Pull your heads in, and grow up.

Jukes

I just think that it's rubbish that for the second year in a row our deals are unfairly negged meaning we have to give up more - happened three times last season iirc on fair trades (as were shown through the year), then 100% of our trades this year.

How are we supposed to improve our team at all if all our trades get negged because apparently we're winning, we give up more and then in the end it turns out that it was initially fair if not we were losing (see: Sinkers for Daniher).

It's a bad system - most of the time deals are negged are likely because
a) it will help their side out through further trading/weakening similar teams for next season
b) personal vendetta against the team/coaches

Strip our picks see what happens btw

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:53:45 PM
You're all pathetic.

Wow Seriously?

ONE coach said we lost by enough to net the trade.

Yes, where are the neggers? Haven't had one person be honourable enough to actually open up to this. Purple, maybe an idea is to open who votes Yes/No to each trade. Would remove begging just for the sake of it.

Quote from: elephants on November 04, 2015, 04:48:08 PM
You're all pathetic.

Such a mature response.  :P
i negged it
HP liked it i did not callan ward is decent not a super premo
his had 1 season over 110 that isn't that great

also i'm kinda getting sick of coaches contradicting themselves then complaining
mate if you firmly believe those players at that bad then it shouldn't go through wither way

same as the 6 team trade compared to trades let through or negged this off season it has elements of contradiction to it

so personally would i give all that for callan ward
hell no
heppell yeah i would
not ward

tbh i love WXv's from the beginning only major one i am involved in but this offseason is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth

Ringo

We all get disappointed when trades get rejected myself included.  The rules for World XV's have been set so we have to accept the decision and move on and re-negotiate trade based on the comments. I am still in negotiations re the Stanton trade trying to work an acceptable trade after basically feeling very upset at rejection.

Know it is hard to try and get some rhyme and reason as to why some trades pass and others do not but it is all based on coaches opinions at that time and we have to accept that being the rule in place. It will serve no purpose asking who voted for or against as it may create schisms and clics with coaches and that is not healthy for the competition as a whole.

So the advice is accept decisions and get with renegotiating trade.  In your case Torp RD has hit the nail on the head you have to add something or Bejing need to remove Newton or Nat 8 from the deal. Just negotiate