WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 02, 2015, 01:35:56 PM
@Rico - I don't asses trades like that, in terms of looking at last weeks deal. When I asses trades, it's how I put them - who are you trading and who are you getting - the other teams involved don't mean anything

Meow - when you say Pick 3 for those other picks again I probably don't totally agree because valuing established guns as picks probably doesn't work completely

The way I see it, Walters and 32 for Yarran and Dale is fair (like Meow said) and how I looked at it

Thompson, Murphy, Hansen, Walker and Van Berlo for Pick 3 is what I was surprised about initially
Isnt this what we want though? The better teams trading many good players for single picks to lesser teams to even up the comp?

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 02, 2015, 01:39:27 PM
@Rico - I don't asses trades like that, in terms of looking at last weeks deal. When I asses trades, it's how I put them - who are you trading and who are you getting - the other teams involved don't mean anything

Meow - when you say Pick 3 for those other picks again I probably don't totally agree because valuing established guns as picks probably doesn't work completely

The way I see it, Walters and 32 for Yarran and Dale is fair (like Meow said) and how I looked at it

Thompson, Murphy, Hansen, Walker and Van Berlo for Pick 3 is what I was surprised about initially
Isnt this what we want though? The better teams trading many good players for single picks to lesser teams to even up the comp?

I would have thought so.

Toronto probably win abit in this deal but given they are down the bottom thats probably a good thing.

meow meow

Why not? Established players get traded for picks in WXV, and you can use previous trades as a guide of what is WXV market value.

If Holz did any of those trades individually would you think they were unfair? If they're fair when you think of them like that, then the valuation is correct.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on November 02, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

Why not? Established players get traded for picks in WXV, and you can use previous trades as a guide of what is WXV market value.

If Holz did any of those trades individually would you think they were unfair? If they're fair when you think of them like that, then the valuation is correct.

Yes I agree, but to a certain extant. You can say Player X is worth Pick X, and when you say Pick 3 is received for a bunch of later picks that sounds like Holz wins too, but you have to factor in the actually ability of the players involved because if you don't, then I could simply reply by looking at their averages instead of draft pick valuation:

100 + 90 + 80 + 60 + 60 = 390 points per week FOR Pick 3 which equals 60-80 most likely

Not saying your valuation is wrong, just saying there are other things to factor too

As for this:

I completely disagree.

Top teams will start to drop off naturally when their older players start retiring or when lower teams don't give them young guns or top picks. Letting them give up old guys to get Top picks is doing the absolute opposite IMO

Again, I don't neg for this reason at all - I simply look at what is being given and received and decide if it's fair for both teams, not the comp

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 02, 2015, 02:26:45 PM

Yes I agree, but to a certain extant. You can say Player X is worth Pick X, and when you say Pick 3 is received for a bunch of later picks that sounds like Holz wins too, but you have to factor in the actually ability of the players involved because if you don't, then I could simply reply by looking at their averages instead of draft pick valuation:

100 + 90 + 80 + 60 + 60 = 390 points per week FOR Pick 3 which equals 60-80 most likely

Not saying your valuation is wrong, just saying there are other things to factor too

That would be right to do what you suggested.

Thommo: 100
Murphy: 90, 85
Hansen: 70, 70, 70, 70
NVB: 65
Walker: ?

The output of one of Parish/Hopper/Mills should and will smash that collective output. Holz is giving up 2-3 premo seasons and some depth but will get a superstar out of it. If people would realise that WXV isn't a one year competition they'll see that Holz is probably winning this trade.

Out: 65, 80, 80, 80, 80, 95, 100, 100
       + Walker

In: 65, 80, 85, 95, 100, 100, 100, 105, 105, 105, 105, 100, 100, 95, 90

*Bold gets +10 points to factor in def over mid from Hansen and Bob

Nige

Holz has a pretty solid team as it is, he's getting rid of some of the older guys and getting in a younger talent to join his mids recognising the need to boost his stocks because they'll be future guns when the current crop like Jelwood and friends start to age and slow down.

Smart trading imo.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2015, 02:57:20 PM
Holz has a pretty solid team as it is, he's getting rid of some of the older guys and getting in a younger talent to join his mids recognising the need to boost his stocks because they'll be future guns when the current crop like Jelwood and friends start to age and slow down.

Smart trading imo.

Its a calculated gamble. It leaves me very very thin. So if injury strikes it could cost me a flag.

Its about reducing my chances now so im a shot in 3 years still.

Ricochet

Andrew Boston retired :o

Holz doesn't have him anymore but he'd still be devastated

meow meow

Told you he was shower.

RaisyDaisy

With our cap pressure, that's a good thing haha

Nice to shave 348 points off the cap!

And Meow, I didn't suggest that is THE way to do - I have simply said there are several things that need to be factored - not one thing or another

Truth be told I would rather Pick 3 over those guys he is trading every day of the week. I just feel like he was giving up a large chunk of his list. Obviously he could have given one or 2 better players, but it's better for him to get rid of a wider range of lesser value to secure the pick

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 02, 2015, 03:07:15 PM
Andrew Boston retired :o

Holz doesn't have him anymore but he'd still be devastated

devastated the guy had soo much talent. If only he had a real crack at it early. He had a few roadblocks which meant he never really got going. Its a shame for him, gcfc and the afl.

A top guy though "If you can’t live your entire life with the necessary commitment and discipline you won’t and can't be elite.

"At the moment I simply don't have the passion required to play at the elite level, and don’t want to take a spot on the Suns list that can be given to somebody else."

sad sad day for football. the saddest since Liam Anthony left.

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 02, 2015, 02:26:45 PM

As for this:

I completely disagree.

Top teams will start to drop off naturally when their older players start retiring or when lower teams don't give them young guns or top picks. Letting them give up old guys to get Top picks is doing the absolute opposite IMO

Again, I don't neg for this reason at all - I simply look at what is being given and received and decide if it's fair for both teams, not the comp
I don't neg trades at all, so what would I know?   ;)

Holz

this will be interesting.

does anyone have a worse bench then this

A.Browne, H.Grundy, O. Mcdonald, N.Holman, T.Smith, S.Frost, C Delaney, K.Heatherley, C.Byrne
C.Hanley
J.Redden, D.Currie,
S.Johnson, R.Schoenmakers, D.Markworth, J.Foster, D.Butler, D.Howard, M.Daw

with only pick 3, 74, 79, 92

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 02, 2015, 04:22:08 PM

A.Browne, H.Grundy, O. Mcdonald, N.Holman, T.Smith, S.Frost, C Delaney, K.Heatherley, C.Byrne
C.Hanley
J.Redden, D.Currie,

Pretty sure a few of them have been delisted too LOL. Browne and Redden have been off the top of my head

New York would look like this

Fisher, Scott D Thompson, Buckley, Shenton, White
Grigg, Rosa, Cockatoo, Sexton
Griffin
A.Walker, Vardy, Menzel, J.White, Stewart, Turner, Redpath, Fitzpatrick, Murdoch

Not Christchurch material, but not too bad I guess. We could use some mid depth and have forward depth to offer!

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 02, 2015, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 02, 2015, 04:22:08 PM

C.Hanley
J.Redden, D.Currie,

Pretty sure a few of them have been delisted too LOL. Browne and Redden have been off the top of my head

New York would look like this

Fisher, Scott D Thompson, Buckley, Shenton, White
Grigg, Rosa, Cockatoo, Sexton
Griffin
A.Walker, Vardy, Menzel, J.White, Stewart, Turner, Redpath, Fitzpatrick, Murdoch

Not Christchurch material, but not too bad I guess. We could use some mid depth and have forward depth to offer!

Browne Holman Redden Marksworth DAw and a few others have been delisted.