WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 27, 2015, 11:49:54 AM
How is that the same? Stanton having a one year contract doesn't mean much to me. He is only 29 and one of their best players still. If they don't resign him each year, another club will. Thommo and SJ are much older. If Stanton is worth 19 with a few years left in his career, then SJ and Thommo are not worth 5 IMO

its not Stanton for 19 its Stanton + Bagualey for Gray + 19.

I reckon Mexico underpaid by the way.

Ringo

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM
How is that the same? Stanton having a one year contract doesn't mean much to me. He is only 29 and one of their best players still. If they don't resign him each year, another club will. Thommo and SJ are much older. If Stanton is worth 19 with a few years left in his career, then SJ and Thommo are not worth 5 IMO

Exactly you have to look at whole trade so comparing Stanton with pick 19 and the trade for pick 5 is like comparing apples and oranges.  Also how many people when looking at trades go and look at both coaches reasons if having doubts.  I know i do if they are there as there have been occasions when I have come to thread that details are not there so left with no option but to neg. Reason for this comment is how many read that part of the reason in the Stanton trade was cap pressure which is why I was prepared to pay overs to get my cap right down and that should be part of the consideration as well.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on October 27, 2015, 12:30:11 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM

Exactly you have to look at whole trade so comparing Stanton with pick 19 and the trade for pick 5 is like comparing apples and oranges.  Also how many people when looking at trades go and look at both coaches reasons if having doubts.  I know i do if they are there as there have been occasions when I have come to thread that details are not there so left with no option but to neg. Reason for this comment is how many read that part of the reason in the Stanton trade was cap pressure which is why I was prepared to pay overs to get my cap right down and that should be part of the consideration as well.

Umm, it was Rico that said Stanton was worth 19 which is what I just replied to

I always read the comments in confirmation too. I think the trade is fine, but that's because I rate Gray and Baguley pretty evenly overall when you consider positions, age and potential and Stanton for 19 is close too, Balanced out fine for me

Might be a slight winner either way, but no team is getting jibbed so it passes for me

Ricochet

Bit of interest in Grant. Looking at a pick in the 50s atm.
69ave unsubbed fwd, could be a handy F5 for some teams
Plus GC are very interested in him. Under Eade he posted a 74ave in his second year at the club
Looks like Merlin
Shallow draft, etc, etc
Get around him

Quote from: Ricochet on October 24, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
Any of the guys below are available for picks

DEF: LDelaney, DTalia, SiWhite, SRussell
MID: WHams
RUCK: LPierce
FWD: JGrant, Tunbridge, RBail, BJohnson

Will also take pick upgrades. Current picks are N24, N59, N76

elephants

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 27, 2015, 06:08:42 PM
BID BID BID BID BID

"Who's Online"

Vinny
Purple 77
AaronKirk
Toga
Hellopplz
MajorLazer
My Chumps
Nige
JBs-Hawks
ossie85
Ringo
RaisyDaisy
Memphistopheles
Levi434
DazBurg
Holz
Adamant
Jayman
meow meow
JROO8
Boomz
Jukes
upthemaidens
Torpedo10

03:11:26 PM     

Sending a message to Ricochet

GoLions

You almost had me Ric, but for one simple slip up. You have the times of those messages being sent at 3:11, but you made that initial post after 5! Ha!

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on October 27, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
You almost had me Ric, but for one simple slip up. You have the times of those messages being sent at 3:11, but you made that initial post after 5! Ha!
WA time zone mate ;)

It's legit i swear

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2015, 10:20:48 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 27, 2015, 10:07:38 AM
Two coaches to go;

These trades will definitely pass (as they have 0 votes, and won't reach the magic 3 for me to analyse them)

Seoul trade: Jake Lloyd
New Delhi: David Myers

Great work NDT a 74 unsubbed average 22 year old mid who could get forward status and has played 20 and 18 games in the last two years.

I reckon they did better then the trades that accepted votes but more then happy for it to pass.

only be 2-3 trades that should have attracted votes this trade period not the 25+

Your kidding right? Lloyd is a role player with limited potential and Myers went 85 last year before injury ruined this season and his game goes nicely with SC.

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on October 27, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 27, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
WA time zone mate ;)

It's legit i swear
I know :P

Ricochet

Interest in Hams now also

Quote from: Ricochet on October 27, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
Bit of interest in Grant. Looking at a pick in the 50s atm.
69ave unsubbed fwd, could be a handy F5 for some teams
Plus GC are very interested in him. Under Eade he posted a 74ave in his second year at the club
Looks like Merlin
Shallow draft, etc, etc
Get around him

Quote from: Ricochet on October 24, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
Any of the guys below are available for picks

DEF: LDelaney, DTalia, SiWhite, SRussell
MID: WHams
RUCK: LPierce
FWD: JGrant, Tunbridge, RBail, BJohnson

Will also take pick upgrades. Current picks are N24, N59, N76

Memphistopheles

Been looking at our list on my phone and we need to reduce the numbers a bit.

So if anyone is interested in trading a slightly better player (or draft pick) for two of James Gwilt, Cam O'Shea, Jimmy Toumpas, Billie Smedts, Jake Kelly, Matt Dick, Nathan Drummond, Jack Hiscox, Gary Rohan, Brandon Jack or Jaden McGrath let me know.

RaisyDaisy

We have minor cap issues and would be interested in reducing our cap

We could even look at swapping premiums

If we have anyone that interests you, and you can offer us something in return of equal or similar value with low cap points please hit me up

In regards to Tex, he will most likely be traded within the next 24 hours

A solid mid (90-100avg) or ruck (80+) would need to be offered to beat our current offer.

Due to the cap issue, we could also look at doing a premium swap too

Ricochet

Get around Merlin!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-28/delisted-dog-jarrad-grant-on-suns-radar

QuoteGOLD Coast has turned its attention to former Western Bulldogs forward Jarrad Grant as the Suns looks to add a versatile forward to their set-up.

Grant, who was selected with pick No.5 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft, played 81 games for the Bulldogs after making his debut in 2009 under current Suns coach Rodney Eade.

He played three seasons under Eade and kicked 45 goals in 36 games in 2010 and 2011 before Eade was replaced.

Grant struggled for consistency after Eade left, performing well in patches but being guilty of drifting in and out of games at times.

He has pace, is smart with the ball in hands and provides an x-factor when at his best.

He averaged 14 disposals a game and took 16 marks inside 50 in 2015 and was considered unlucky to be delisted. He also played in Footscray's 2014 VFL premiership team

RaisyDaisy