WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 04:58:29 PM
I don't really think your reference of our Treloar for JJK/Duff deal has any merit. At the time, Duff was best 22 and a premium defender

The same can be said about when we traded 8 and Atley for SJ. He had one down year after years of absolute prem so warranted the price tag. Atley is and always will be a SC spud. It was SJ for 8

43 for 32, NVB etc it's all rubbish and meaningless and I can give no value to the short term because Rio is not going to win the premiership window now so getting 12 months out of Thommo and Sj does nothing for them

FWIW I'd have Gibson, a Top 10 defender ahead of Thommo. SJ slightly ahead of Waite balances them out, so shoot me Pick 5 thanks

it was obvious duff was gone. I said it at the time and a number of people agreed. SJ now is worth more than Duff was last year.
So its 100% relevant.

you cant just say Atley is worth nothing.

I dont need another defender so gibson doesnt have value to me. Waite has no upside from 80 he was never a premium like SJ. he cant go 90+ like SJ can.

its all about structures, my forward line is stacked so a 90+ forward isnt a loss to me, its a huge plus to other teams. It could lift their score by 25+ a week. Thompson the same could lift the scoring by 20+ so thats a 45-50 point increase in scoring per week.

To me its not as bad because i can reaplce those guys with higher scorers, it severly hurts my depth if injuries occur. The pick will take a few years to be any value to me and it may never materialize.

2   Wellington - Jimmy Toumpas
4   Tokyo - Jesse Lonergan
8   London - Troy Menzel
9   London - Joe Daniher
1. Seoul - Thomas Boyd
2. Beijing - James Aish
5. New York - Luke McDonald
7. Seoul - Josh Kelly

I wouldnt give up SJ for any of those guys.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 05:10:35 PM
it was obvious duff was gone. I said it at the time and a number of people agreed. SJ now is worth more than Duff was last year.
So its 100% relevant.

He played 22 games and averaged 88.4

Kudos to you for seeing he was done after that  ::)

Whether you need defenders or not - saying it's all about structures etc it means absolutely nothing in this discussion, and the fact that all of your point driving and reasoning is based around YOUR team and not considering Rio says it all

You wouldn't give up SJ for any of those guys but you will for Pick 5 who is an unknown? Just stop

You can pick certain stats to help drive your points, but you cannot get me to change my mind that Pick 5 is too much for SJ and Thommo, so lets move on

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 05:21:40 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 05:10:35 PM
So its 100% relevant.

He played 22 games and averaged 88.4

Kudos to you for seeing he was done after that  ::)

Whether you need defenders or not - saying it's all about structures etc it means absolutely nothing in this discussion, and the fact that all of your point driving and reasoning is based around YOUR team and not considering Rio says it all

You wouldn't give up SJ for any of those guys but you will for Pick 5 who is an unknown? Just stop

You can pick certain stats to help drive your points, but you cannot get me to change my mind that Pick 5 is too much for SJ and Thommo, so lets move on

the list is ealry picks who have failed. I could easily have a list of early picks who have succeeded. I obvisouly think I can pick a guy who can suceed.

Honestly shouldnt everyone have their team by the main focus point when im deciding to trade? or am i expected to give out charity?

the difference is i actually did talk about thier team you just ignored it

"It could lift their score by 25+ a week. Thompson the same could lift the scoring by 20+ so thats a 45-50 point increase in scoring per week. "

as it stands they have Ablett Boak Cripps Vince Zaharakis as the solid starting 5. You dont think a 100+ mid would help that line?

same in the forward line, SJ would be their F2 or arguably even F1. To me its a waste having Sj as my F5 when he is another teams F2. Thats why trading occurs.

im providing a m3 and f2 for a guy who im hoping will replace NDS as a m6 in a few years and yes have a long career after. I need to have some upside in the trade.

RaisyDaisy

Yes you spoke about Rio and how they get more points next year, but they then lose them plus pick 5 the year after.

Dont get me wrong, I know Levi agreed to this trade too. It's not all on you, and well done for getting him to agree, but I'm not

Those players will help Rio next year, I'm not arguing that and I haven't. I've continually said they are not worth pick 5 which you've danced around but have not justified enough for me

It's a shame pick 12 has gone to meow, because change 5 for 12 and keep it all the same and it's fair, but then you wouldn't probably do that because you wouldn't win enough based on your lack of worth of Pick 12.

This isn't a Dublin thing. I'm never passing that trade regardless of the teams involved

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 05:59:07 PM
Yes you spoke about Rio and how they get more points next year, but they then lose them plus pick 5 the year after.

Dont get me wrong, I know Levi agreed to this trade too. It's not all on you, and well done for getting him to agree, but I'm not

Those players will help Rio next year, I'm not arguing that and I haven't. I've continually said they are not worth pick 5 which you've danced around but have not justified enough for me

It's a shame pick 12 has gone to meow, because change 5 for 12 and keep it all the same and it's fair, but then you wouldn't probably do that because you wouldn't win enough based on your lack of worth of Pick 12.

This isn't a Dublin thing. I'm never passing that trade regardless of the teams involved

first up he came to me and i agreed on the deal. So there is no good work Holz for getting him to agree. It should be good work Levi

I would do this deal for pick 12 because thats an unfair deal and should be rejected. Nobody should ever trade if they dont see it improving their squad. if you go in thinking I win this trade or i lose this trade then thats the wrong philosphy. I have done trades that I beelive i have lost but have improved my squad. On the oppsitie side their are trades I could clearly win but have a negative impact on my side. This is why structure is important.

Orginally it was B.Murphy + S.Thompson.

thats less of an offer then S.Thompson + S.Johnson + N.VB + 32 to 43

however one is good for my team and one is bad. I rejected the Murphy deal even though its a better deal on paper. We arent dealing with paper we are dealing with teams.

SJ to me is more valuable on the trade market then Murphy, but to me Murphy is more valuable as I dont have 5 premo defenders i actually only have 2.

JBs-Hawks

Rio have Ablett, their premiership window is now!

The trade is fine!

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 20, 2015, 06:29:06 PM

The trade is fine!

Levi will get coach of the year when they rocket up the ladder.the team is a shot at top 4 if the trades are allowed to be passed.

Especially if he moves on pick 2 for a quality starter

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 06:56:53 PM

The trade is fine!

Levi will get coach of the year when they rocket up the ladder.the team is a shot at top 4 if the trades are allowed to be passed.

who drops from the top 4?
don't say PNL holz keep the faith ;)

Holz

Quote from: DazBurg on October 20, 2015, 06:59:03 PM

The trade is fine!

please i said top 3 for a reason.

Dublin Mexcio PNL (in no particlaur order)

Berlin Saints Rio to fight it out to make the 4.

K Kolodjashnij, E Yeo, A Mackie, R Tarrant (R Harwood, B Maynard) - granted this line does need some work
G Ablett, T Boak, S Thompson, P Cripps - strong line 3 guys all who should go 100-105 and one premo pumping out 260 a week
S Jacobs - one of the elite rucks of the comp
M Robinson, S Johnson, L Taylor, J.Bruce (M Wright, T.Garner) - probably needs some work on this line too
B Vince, D Zaharakis - could use some work.

however given they have pick 2 if they could use it to get a solid forward or back would look alot more deadly. Im scared of any team with ablett.

the midfield alone could go 600 points easy so only 900 needed from the other 11 players to post a big score.

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on October 20, 2015, 06:59:03 PM

The trade is fine!

please i said top 3 for a reason.

Dublin Mexcio PNL (in no particlaur order)

Berlin Saints Rio to fight it out to make the 4.

K Kolodjashnij, E Yeo, A Mackie, R Tarrant (R Harwood, B Maynard) - granted this line does need some work
G Ablett, T Boak, S Thompson, P Cripps - strong line 3 guys all who should go 100-105 and one premo pumping out 260 a week
S Jacobs - one of the elite rucks of the comp
M Robinson, S Johnson, L Taylor, J.Bruce (M Wright, T.Garner) - probably needs some work on this line too
B Vince, D Zaharakis - could use some work.

however given they have pick 2 if they could use it to get a solid forward or back would look alot more deadly. Im scared of any team with ablett.

the midfield alone could go 600 points easy so only 900 needed from the other 11 players to post a big score.
don't think yeo keeps Def status

but yeah ;)

meow meow

Richard Tambling came 2nd in the NEAFL B&F. Respect to Bling.

The pick to beat for Ryan Lester is now #37.

Levi434

Quote from: DazBurg on October 20, 2015, 07:13:30 PM

Are people just saying this to get me to trade him?

I don't think he'll be a pure mid as he hasn't played nearly enough time in the mids behind Priddis, Gaff, Sheuy, Masten even guys like Selwood and Sheed played more mid than him.

Even if he does lose defender, then he'll gain forward as he kicked 21 goals this year. I'd probably prefer him to be fwd than back anyway  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: Levi434 on October 20, 2015, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on October 20, 2015, 07:13:30 PM

Are people just saying this to get me to trade him?

I don't think he'll be a pure mid as he hasn't played nearly enough time in the mids behind Priddis, Gaff, Sheuy, Masten even guys like Selwood and Sheed played more mid than him.

Even if he does lose defender, then he'll gain forward as he kicked 21 goals this year. I'd probably prefer him to be fwd than back anyway  :P

nah wasn't anything like that
and haven't thought about him being only pure mid or anything

just stating i don't think he played enough in defensive to keep Def status is all mate nothing more ;)

Memphistopheles

Hey lads sorry for the sudden inactivity lately but I've just started a new job and am living away from home with no computer or internet device except a phone.

But, the phone is from my old work so I can't use much internet as it risks being cut off if I do. Waiting for a new work phone from the new job before I give this one back.

Also My Chumps PM'd me on Sunday/Monday saying he had been busy and was going to send me a long PM with all his thoughs on trades but, that's yet to eventuate.

So it could be slow going trading with us for a while. I know quite a few teams have deals with us so I thought I'd make this post just to let you know. I'll be back home on the weekend at the latest and should be able to respond in full to your latest enquiries then.

Feel free to proceed with other deals though if we're holding you up - If we miss out on a player we'll just chase him at his new club.

Cheers, Memph.

PS - Levi Yeo will be a def next season (take it from a big Eagles fan). So please don't trade him (at least not without consulting me as we'll give you the best deal :p

Boomz

Also in the same situation as memph at the moment so I'll be a bit slow getting back to people.

One of Lycett or Smith is going in the next 24 hours so if you are keen get in now. Looking for a 80+ def or fwd.