WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Will trade Ryan Lester for a pick (best offer wins) or in a package deal.

23 year old, likely to be classed as a mid/fwd

2011   3   51.3
2012   19   61.2 (63.4 unsubbed)
2013   16   69.4 (75)
2014   14   78.6 (82.6)
2015   9   68.3

Missed a few games due to injury this year but JS has always been a bit of an issue for him. His best game this year was a 23 possession, 4 goal effort for 114 SC so he has some talent.

AaronKirk

Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2015, 01:36:18 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 16, 2015, 11:43:46 AM
Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2015, 11:18:21 AM
The trade failed again, no biggie. Some teams have already put in offers for Stefan Martin and if you want him go for it.

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 15, 2015, 10:06:31 PM
McKernan ... showed glimpses this year but was still slaughtered week in, week out

^ That's the only thing that has bothered me because it is simply not true. McKernan played half a season and finished 10th in Essendon's best and fairest and he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He slaughtered the more highly rated Zac Smith and Brodie Grundy and was probably BOG in those games. Goldy taught him a lesson but he wasn't bad every week.

Was that the game with the McKernan (C) gate in the Champions League? :P

Sure was. McKernan is heaps better than Smith and I knew he'd crush him. It wasn't a fluke. McKernan had been good all year. He averaged 20 hit outs, 20 disposals, kicked 17.12 and averaged 110 DT in the VFL (9/12 tonnes). An average of 83.7 in the AFL makes him my best forward! Not sure why you don't rate him as being worth a speculative pick once all the top end talent has been taken. But oh well!

Zac Smith won the hitouts 31 to 26 in that game and the clearances were tied. I don't think McKernan slaughtered him by any means.

He only beat Grundy by 6 hitouts and Grundy was subbed out. Cannot really say that was a big win. We lost the overall hitouts 36-32 but won the clearances 46-31 - good for a 3 point win...

Hitouts and the clearances are the important to get the ball to your mids to score.

Essendon won the hitouts 1/9 in the games where McKernan was the number 1 ruck. We won the clearances 2/9 (tied 1 against the suns)

The time we won the hitouts (also 1 of the times we won clearances) was in a match v Richmond we lost by 5 goals. The other game we won the clearances was the last round v Collingwood which was a circle work match which was irrelevant.

The other 7 games McKernan lost the hitouts as the number 1 ruck and we lost the clearances in all but 1 of the other games.

He isn't good enough as a KPP to play permanent forward or back and gets beaten week in week out in the ruck. He will be 3rd in line behind Leuey and TBC and will play most of 2016 in the VFL.

meow meow

Zac Smith won the hitouts 31 to 26 in that game and the clearances were tied. I don't think McKernan slaughtered him by any means.

McKernan had 24 disposals, 3 goals. He was enormous. Zmith had 15 touches, no goals. Slaughtered.

He only beat Grundy by 6 hitouts and Grundy was subbed out. Cannot really say that was a big win. We lost the overall hitouts 36-32 but won the clearances 46-31 - good for a 3 point win...

McKernan had 26 disposals and kicked a goal. He was enormous. Grundy had 10 touches. Slaughtered.

You can pick and choose your stats like hitouts and clearances but then you should also point out the fact that McKernan played most of his games when Watson was out, and other than Heppell Essendon have got to have the worst clearance midfield in the comp and it's not because of their ruckmen. Sandi rucking to that group would struggle. McKernan himself was Essendon's 3rd best clearance player with 3.89 vs Heppell's 5.05 and Watson's 5.00. He's a crap tap ruckman but he is very good at other things.

I'm not saying he's the best ruck but to totally discount him as a player is wrong. Belly and Luey will probably play ahead of him but Bellchambers isn't a lock, and neither of them are known for their durability. McKernan is easily capable of playing as a fwd/ruck and has shown that he can score well when given the opportunity. Pick 12 hasn't shown shower.

BTW I don't care if the trade failed. I have moved on.

RaisyDaisy

Nice work pumping up SJ yesterday Holz after realising he will only play one year. Lol

Alright Cape Town, I guess we'll take pick 4 for Josh Gibson and Jarrad Waite!

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 08:37:31 AM
Nice work pumping up SJ yesterday Holz after realising he will only play one year. Lol

This, lol. He is a wizard.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2015, 10:36:24 AM

So obvious it was coming

Holz Sales 1.0 - Pump a player up here then trade them lol.

Somehow, someone always bites

kilbluff1985

i still have nightmares about not trading McGlynn for TMAC last year

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 20, 2015, 10:36:24 AM

So obvious it was coming

Holz Sales 1.0 - Pump a player up here then trade them lol.

Somehow, someone always bites

Simply not true.

I pumped up Currie when he moved. Have had two people ask about him but have knocked both back without even hearing the offer.

I pump up Rory Sloane all the time and similarly had offers which I said no to.

I dont pump up my players to trade them I pump up all of my players and trade some of them.

Just watch SJ play two years and go 90+

The only reason he is moving is I got Jroo and there are promising reports coming out about buddy. I simply dont need SJ with 5 premo forwards. This move also helps my cap so i can keep guys like Josh Walker, Ryan Schoemakers who provide further cover (guys I pumped up and kept)

I love how when I sold Watson people were like ohh he will retire and never play again. He just went for pick 2, given thougths when i traded him that surely must be robbery. I dont think it is as I have faith in Watson.

Holz

on a scary note. I have only 7 listed mids and the 7th is Cian Hanley. I will draft one to make it 8 at least though

please no mid injuries this year. I had enough last year.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 01:12:31 PM
I love how when I sold Watson people were like ohh he will retire and never play again. He just went for pick 2, given thougths when i traded him that surely must be robbery. I dont think it is as I have faith in Watson.

Watson is worth as much as Swan was last year. Injury prone 31 year old coming off a bad season but has some upside. Swan went for 15. Levi also gave up pick 12 so it wasn't just Watson for pick 2.

12 + 15 for 2, 26 and 46 is fair every day of the week.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 01:15:22 PM
on a scary note. I have only 7 listed mids and the 7th is Cian Hanley. I will draft one to make it 8 at least though

please no mid injuries this year. I had enough last year.

Lester could help and he has a low cap.

The best offer so far is #48

Will be traded on Sunday for the best pick offered if no players are offered.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 20, 2015, 01:21:04 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 01:12:31 PM

Watson is worth as much as Swan was last year. Injury prone 31 year old coming off a bad season but has some upside. Swan went for 15. Levi also gave up pick 12 so it wasn't just Watson for pick 2.

12 + 15 for 2, 26 and 46 is fair every day of the week.

Never said it wasnt. Was just pointing out that when i sold Watson people were saying he would retire and was getting too much. i agree Watson and Swan is a fair comparison. 15 was an underpay for Swan I had him at more then pick 12.

so 12 + 12 for 2, 26 and 46.

Holz

Just quietly if both trades go through (no reason they shouldnt)

then Rio is looking very scary next year.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 01:53:35 PM

ROFL are you serious? How dumb do you think people are around here?  ;D

Yeah they'll look dangerous with SJ and Thommo, and then lose them both in 12 months time for retirement while you have Pick 5

How is Pick 5 for a bunch of pensioners fair?

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 20, 2015, 01:59:21 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 20, 2015, 01:53:35 PM

ROFL are you serious? How dumb do you think people are around here?  ;D

Yeah they'll look dangerous with SJ and Thommo, and then lose them both in 12 months time for retirement while you have Pick 5

How is Pick 5 for a bunch of pensioners fair?
It isn't.