WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

The fact that a trade only has three votes against but can still get rejected seems a bit ridiculous.

I know the admin has final say and I respect that but surely at least a quarter of the coaches in the competition should be against a trade before you have a chance to reject it Purple. Or even a third of the coaches.

Take out the admin vote and the coaches involved in the trade and only 3 out of 15 coaches were against our trade which just passed and only 3 out of 15 coaches were against the McKernan trade which fails. Clearly the majority were happy to have these pass.

If a third were against a trade (5/15) maybe that should be a grounds for you to make an executive decision but just 3 (20 per cent) doesn't seem right IMO.

Memphistopheles

Also yes, that does mean Stefan Martin is back on the market at this stage. But, seeing as how meow was so easy to deal with in offering up a very reasonable deal he'll have a chance to replace 12 with something of equal value in the deal first.

AaronKirk

It is an opinion based game. We were one of the 3 who voted against the Mckernan/DVR for pick 12 trade. Below would be my summary of why IMO the trade would not be a fair pick.

There will be enough talent in the draft to pick up a very decent player for the future with Pick 12.

McKernan will be 3rd in line in the ruck at the dons. He showed glimpses this year but was still slaughtered week in, week out in the ruck (why we went out and got Leuenberger).

Hurley and Hooker will be CHB and FB, Leuenberger in the ruck with Danher CHF and TBC FF rotating with Leuenberger. We cannot fit all 3 so it is logical unfortunately that McKernan is likely to be in the VFL for a large part of the season next year.

DVR in a weak Carlton side was nowhere near their senior side based on his VFL performance. Will need to improve drastically to get a game next year.

IMO a player who is likely to play week in, week out for their side who would be a U1,U2 type player (maybe a tad less) would be an even trade.

2 players who are likely to play in the VFL IMO is not a fair deal.

BTW I agree with Memph's points about it being unfair that it is blocked because of only 3 votes against.

Maybe if it is 50/50 then a tiebreaker could come in but when only 1/5 don't like the trade it probably should be passed.

Memphistopheles

Fair enough AK. Though based on what I saw this season and with Carlisle leaving I think McKernan does have a spot in the Bombers side.

For one I think he's a better foil for Daniher than Bellchambers and is a handy chop out ruck.

Secondly I think there is room for three talls in most forward lines. I still think Hooker is a better defender and works well with Hurley down back so that leaves Daniher, Bellchambers and McKernarn to take the tall forward roles.

Viojo-Rainbow has an elite left foot but, as a first year kid didn't play this year. Not all first year kids play in their first season.

If someone is willing to pay that price for McKernan then so be it.

Adamant

Changed your tune a bit there Memph. :P

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 01, 2015, 01:40:51 AM
Pick 12 for McKernan?

Wow  :o :o

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Adamant on October 16, 2015, 12:54:20 AM
Changed your tune a bit there Memph. :P

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 01, 2015, 01:40:51 AM
Pick 12 for McKernan?

Wow  :o :o

Wow I wouldn't do it. But, if you rate him and add DVR who I do rate then the trade is okay. FYI I rejected the first one (just for 12) but passed this one.

Adamant

Yeah I know, just stirring. ;)

Purple 77

Not the first time the admin rejected with a low amount of votes, has happened every year.

I respect the points made.

I also acknowledge that trade negging is opinion based... unfortunately for the teams involved, I was of the opinion this trade wasn't fair.

But anyway, let's move on.

Holz

There is an issue with time delay.

When mckernan was the number 1 ruck he was worth more then 12 (12 not that goid)

The fact he went 90+ last year is irrelevant

The issue is now they have burger he isnt worrh it.

The trade needs to be evaluated at when the deal was done. To people agree or disagree?

Purple 77

Spreadsheet updated for those that use it. I've also entered the remaining DOB's and hence Ages for each player :)

WXV Current Lists

And for those that don't use it, I have updated the Draft Order, Lists and Caps below:

WXV Player Lists & Draft Order

meow meow

The trade failed again, no biggie. Some teams have already put in offers for Stefan Martin and if you want him go for it.

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 15, 2015, 10:06:31 PM
McKernan ... showed glimpses this year but was still slaughtered week in, week out

^ That's the only thing that has bothered me because it is simply not true. McKernan played half a season and finished 10th in Essendon's best and fairest and he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He slaughtered the more highly rated Zac Smith and Brodie Grundy and was probably BOG in those games. Goldy taught him a lesson but he wasn't bad every week.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on October 16, 2015, 10:04:02 AM

When mckernan was the number 1 ruck he was worth more then 12 (12 not that goid)

The trade needs to be evaluated at when the deal was done. To people agree or disagree?

It happens all the time, and we all have done it before - inflating a players value due to a small "hot streak" in form. And then the fact that he is ruck just exaggerates his value around here even more

McKernan is not worth 12, especially with Luey coming in. Adding DVR didn't change a thing IMO - just because he was Pick 25 or whatever last year does not mean he is still worth that. He didn't play a game and doesn't look like getting close any time soon so if anything his now worth a 3rd or 4th round pick IMO

If you can assume he is still worth Pick 25 now without getting a sniff, then I can assume Cockatoo is worth Pick 1 now

Clearly that is not the case, hence McKernan and DVR for 12 is not fair

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on October 16, 2015, 11:18:21 AM
The trade failed again, no biggie. Some teams have already put in offers for Stefan Martin and if you want him go for it.

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 15, 2015, 10:06:31 PM
McKernan ... showed glimpses this year but was still slaughtered week in, week out

^ That's the only thing that has bothered me because it is simply not true. McKernan played half a season and finished 10th in Essendon's best and fairest and he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He slaughtered the more highly rated Zac Smith and Brodie Grundy and was probably BOG in those games. Goldy taught him a lesson but he wasn't bad every week.

Was that the game with the McKernan (C) gate in the Champions League? :P

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 11:21:37 AM

It happens all the time, and we all have done it before - inflating a players value due to a small "hot streak" in form. And then the fact that he is ruck just exaggerates his value around here even more

this wasnt my point.

we need to decide if we rate the trade at the time it was first done or as of today.

It should be the date the trade was done. At that time Mckernan was the number 1 ruck.

Pick 12 is not that good in this draft. DVR its still worth a second rounder.

now the burger is there its fair enough to veto it, but i think we need to vote as if he wasnt. If people did that then its ok.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on October 16, 2015, 11:47:58 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 11:21:37 AM

this wasnt my point.

we need to decide if we rate the trade at the time it was first done or as of today.

It should be the date the trade was done. At that time Mckernan was the number 1 ruck.

Pick 12 is not that good in this draft. DVR its still worth a second rounder.

now the burger is there its fair enough to veto it, but i think we need to vote as if he wasnt. If people did that then its ok.

The time it was first done or as of today? It's like a couple of days difference lol, but it doesn't matter anyway because we voted after the news/strong rumour was that Luey was heading to Essendon

As for Pick 12 not being good in this draft, that is simply your opinion. I'm sure a lot of people rate Pick 12 higher than what you seem to.

At the end of the day, the trade has been rejected and more needs to be added by Meow as per Purps decision. I do agree though that 3 coach negs probably shouldn't have Admin come in and over-rule.