WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 14, 2015, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 08:12:11 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 14, 2015, 08:09:47 PM
Lewis is U2 and thats not Dublin standards? Lol

That's SC/WXV average standards. Lewis isn't in the top 18 mids so he's not a M1. He's in the next group of 18 which puts him at M2. Not M4-U1 as Holz calcs.

Of course he's not M1, but to suggest U2 is laughable. Would be M3-4 in most WXV teams

Stop trolling Holz. Mexico did not get a very very very very good deal

I said M4 to U1 which is true for a contender.

If we want to take it as Meow said then this is Dublin

D1 D1 D1 D3
M1 M1 M1 M1
R1
F1 F1 F1 F2
M2 M3

meow meow

Wow, another way to tell us how good Dublin are!

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 09:11:58 PM
How is Lewis a M4-U1 if he's the 33rd best mid (25th when you take Lids, Blic etc out) in an 18 team competition? If WXV teams were even he'd be at M2.

1. isnt a SCer and if anything he will drop in average
2. others who are younger have scope to improve

The important thing is nobody thinks like that. if they did they would pick up 3-4 type players to improve their squad. the issue is its a bunch of solid players which is fine but considering they are all older then you cant rate them as an 18 team comp because the truth is most teams dont want 29 year olds. If they do then they are contenders and in a contenders team he is a m3 at best.

its just like saying Hogan is a F4. we all know thats a joke you need to take age into account. players value is you the net present value of future scoring.

truth is lewis is alright, thompson is meh and grigg is decent utility.

Bennell could be something great.

its like me offering Heath Grundy, Lachy Hansen and Nick Dal Santo

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 09:21:14 PM
Wow, another way to tell us how good Dublin are!

they arent that good. In this M2 is Scott Thompson in terms of value he is like a U1. good as bench cover for one year. Murphy is a D1 when i rate him a D4. He is a very very solid guy to fill that last spot for a year.

Rance is a true D1, Birchall a D2
Gunston to me is a F1 buddy roughy F2
Jroo Walters F3
SJ F5

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 14, 2015, 09:25:45 PM
its just like saying Hogan is a F4. we all know thats a joke you need to take age into account. players value is you the net present value of future scoring.

Good. Don't complain if I trade 25 year old 101 averaging Hamish Hartlett (M2) for 31 year old 115 averaging GAJ since Gary is only worth a M2 because he's an old man. HH has 7+ years left, GAJ will limp to 3.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 09:43:19 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 14, 2015, 09:25:45 PM

Good. Don't complain if I trade 25 year old 101 averaging Hamish Hartlett (M2) for 31 year old 115 averaging GAJ since Gary is only worth a M2 because he's an old man. HH has 7+ years left, GAJ will limp to 3.

HH is more a m3

how dare you say that about Ablett.

He isnt a M2 he isnt a M1

he is an C1 - my new special captain ranking

Fyfe Pendles Danger Ablett are C1s

Goldy isnt even a C1 yet. Selwood lost it this year

RaisyDaisy

Your reasoning is so flawed it's quite incredible

You do realise that rating player values like you are, without factoring in the point that there are X amount of players to share around 18 teams is completely wrong right?

This isn't SC where we can all have the same players occupying M1-4 etc

Each player can only be selected once, making players value much higher than if it was just generic SC, and even higher for teams like the most of us who don't have 15+ guns or the Lions share of the elite

meow meow

120, 115, 110 vs 105, 105, 105, 105, 100, 100, 95, 90? I reckon I'd be losing that. GAJ + a pick should do it.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 14, 2015, 09:28:33 PM

So Gunston gets a better ranking than Roughy because of his age. But if I devalue GAJ because of his age it's blasphemy?

Roughead is a F1 premo in the WXV competition. Compare him to players in other teams to determine his value, not players in your own team. As much as you like to think Dublin is the only team in WXV you're not competing against yourself.

Vinny

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 14, 2015, 09:46:31 PM

Fyfe Pendles Danger Ablett are C1s

Goldy isnt even a C1 yet. Selwood lost it this year

Where the heck is Rockliff??

Holz

Quote from: Vinny on October 14, 2015, 10:11:32 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 14, 2015, 09:53:11 PM
Your reasoning is so flawed it's quite incredible

its the reasoning that I go through when i decide to do my trades.

go look at my Grant Birchall trade a few years back at the time it looked similar to this deal (except at least i gave youth) now people call it robbery.

my reasoning has gone alright in analyzing trades in the past

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 14, 2015, 10:07:37 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 14, 2015, 09:28:33 PM

So Gunston gets a better ranking than Roughy because of his age. But if I devalue GAJ because of his age it's blasphemy?

Roughead is a F1 premo in the WXV competition. Compare him to players in other teams to determine his value, not players in your own team. As much as you like to think Dublin is the only team in WXV you're not competing against yourself.

well you also need to compare him to the average age of players.

On scoring he is a clear F1.

its not worth arguing as we are using two different scales. I have Hogan as a F1.

im not using Dublin im using my formula in my head. Hogan on pure scoring is like a F6 at Dublin, yet I rate him F1.

Hogan is a F1
Roughy is a F2

watch me go offer Roughy for Hogan, torp and jukes will just laugh.

on the Ablett thing he is clearly a class above and you know that. The man cam back injured and pumped out a 189. As you also know if his scoring dips it will be if they play him as a forward. He can still go 105+ as a forward. He is the type of guy that can keep playing if anyone can do what boomer is doing now its ablett.

Also Rocky is an almost C1. I need to see more then him, just like I do Goldy.

Levi434

GAJ averaged 134.4 without the sub game. Also remember the 2 games at the start of the year where he wasn't nearly ready to play.

I have actually heard some Rio fans discussing this M1, M2, C1 debate. I actually heard them create their own label for Ablett. They call him G1. Otherwise known as God 1.

Ricochet

haha Holz shower stirring ability = C1