WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Jayman on October 12, 2015, 11:57:17 AM
Quote from: Nige on October 12, 2015, 11:25:11 AM
Shoutout to NDT who have made some really solid trades this period, the latest is no exception.
Proving why re-drafts are just ridiculous.

Yep, as I said before, I wouldn't have done it if I had my time again, I do regret it, but hoping it turns out fine  :)

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2015, 12:00:35 PM
I personally think they made a big mistake in the last trade. But I rate them enough as coaches that I could possibly be wrong on that call. that's huge for me.

Sure there's not an external factor pushing you to say this? ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2015, 01:14:48 PM
I personally think they made a big mistake in the last trade. But I rate them enough as coaches that I could possibly be wrong on that call. that's huge for me.

how so?

im a NDT fan, its why i don't like this particular trade. Have been on fire on all the other ones though.

Worlds Trader of the year

2012 Dublin
2013 Dublin
2014 Dublin
2015 NDT

RaisyDaisy

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2015, 01:22:53 PM
LMAO holz  ;D

ill change it to 2015 Dublin when Treloar goes huge.

I am worried about him going to Carlton though. It was always a punt when pies wasnt 100% locked in.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2015, 01:19:58 PM

how so?

im a NDT fan, its why i don't like this particular trade. Have been on fire on all the other ones though.

2012 Dublin
2013 Dublin
2014 Dublin
2015 NDT

Haha, nevermind. We'll bring it up another time ;)

Memphistopheles

how so?

2012 Dublin
2013 Dublin
2014 That team who got Blicavs for pretty much nothing :D
2015 NDT

Fixed

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 02:02:15 PM

how so?

2012 Dublin
2013 Dublin
2015 NDT

Fixed

Trade 14
New York give: Mark Blicavs and Darcy Lang
Cape Town give: Nathan Vardy and Jamie Bennell

you actually really did have a good trade period

still think i did pretty good (the basics of last year)

Dublin Trade: Tom Rockliff + Robbie Gray +Jack Watts + Charlie Dixon + Shuan Grigg
Dublin Get: Rory Sloane + Jack Gunston + Dustin Martin + Jarryd Roughead + Matthew Scharenberg + Scott Thompson

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on October 12, 2015, 02:15:48 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 02:02:15 PM

how so?

2012 Dublin
2013 Dublin
2015 NDT

Fixed

Trade 14
New York give: Mark Blicavs and Darcy Lang
Cape Town give: Nathan Vardy and Jamie Bennell

you actually really did have a good trade period

still think i did pretty good (the basics of last year)

Dublin Trade: Tom Rockliff + Robbie Gray +Jack Watts + Charlie Dixon + Shuan Grigg
Dublin Get: Rory Sloane + Jack Gunston + Dustin Martin + Jarryd Roughead + Matthew Scharenberg + Scott Thompson

You did well mate but, if you hadn't traded Rockliff you might have won the flag...

I honestly can't believe he's moved clubs every year so far.

PS - JROO trade him to us please now...

Ricochet

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
Just goes to show everyone is moveable for the right price

Memphistopheles

Okay so our summary of the trade period last year is this.

Cape Town gives: Nathan Vardy, Jamie Bennell, Ryan O’Keefe, Zac Smith, Ben Reid, Dale Thomas, Brad Hill, Jed Lamb, Matt Crouch, Pat Karnezis, Cam Guthrie, Jack Darling.

Cape Town gets: Mark Blicavs, Darcy Lang, Scott Selwood, Lachie Hunter, Mitch Honeychurch, Stewart Crameri, Brandon Jack, Will Schofield, Brant Colledge, Billy Longer, Cam McCarthy, George Horlin-Smith, Shane Savage, Trent West, Harrison Marsh.

Now that looks really one-sided to us but, that's because we involved a lot of picks. So here are the picks we got in from deals and subsequently traded out in another deal and in brackets is who was chosen at that pick. Any picks that came in and then went out in another deal I haven't included here.

Cape Town gives: Pick 4 (Pat McCartin), 16 (Lever), 34 (Matt Goodyear), 45 (Clem Smith), 52 (Ed Vickers-Willis), 54 (Ed Langdon), 59 (Jack Hiscox), 70 (Alex Sexton), 88 (Pass)

Cape Town gets: Pick 5 (Peter Wright), 47 (Nathan Drummond), 57 (Jaden McGrath)

Out of all the guys we traded away probably only Guthrie and Darling would have been starters for us this year.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
You did well mate but, if you hadn't traded Rockliff you might have won the flag...

PS - JROO trade him to us please now...

trading Rocky was the correct move.

Rocky did go 152 in the final yes.

Gunston did go 121 though and i needed forwards bad that week. Boak also gave me a solid 103.

I was struggling to field a team that week. As it turns out Daw went 100 and I would have had Rocky captain so.

Gunston to Daw -21
Boak to Rocky 49
Sloane to Rocky (C) + 70

+ 98 = 1571.

Mexico got 1623 so still would have lost.

Gunston is a superstar. Still dont regret that trade. I need Gunston more then I need Rocky.

Memphistopheles

Is the only way to get a player on your rookie list through the rookie draft?

So if we delist James Toohey (retired) and Johann Wagner (delisted) then we absolutely have to take two rookie picks? We can't put a nat or pre-season draftee straight on to our rookie list right?

Or demote someone without delisting them?

kilbluff1985

comparing trades is like comparing penis sizes lol

Purple 77

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 03:27:40 PM
Is the only way to get a player on your rookie list through the rookie draft?

So if we delist James Toohey (retired) and Johann Wagner (delisted) then we absolutely have to take two rookie picks? We can't put a nat or pre-season draftee straight on to our rookie list right?

Or demote someone without delisting them?

I imagine everyone will end up having 4 or less players on their rookie list by the time they do their list lodgement.

So, you'll have (4 - *the amount of rookie players you have*) picks in the rookie draft. After the first 4 rounds, if there are still players leftover, we will just keep drafting until everyone has a home.

You can't put a nat or pre-season draftee on to your rookie list.

You also can't demote anyone to the rookie list. You have to delist them, then hope to draft them back again.