WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Mid to lower teams had 6 rookies on their list last year.  I had 6 and i think it is dependent on number of players left over as we allocatted all.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on October 11, 2015, 04:26:09 PM
Rookie list sizes will be decided when we know how many players are on AFL lists for season 2016.

Do we even need a rookie list? It serves no purpose.

We had N Brown on the rookie list this year and needed to elevate him so it served a purpose for us. I think it's more so just to mirror real afl too

I don't mind it, just throw your surplus late pick kids there lol

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 04:28:56 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 11, 2015, 04:26:09 PM
Rookie list sizes will be decided when we know how many players are on AFL lists for season 2016.

Do we even need a rookie list? It serves no purpose.

We had N Brown on the rookie list this year and needed to elevate him so it served a purpose for us. I think it's more so just to mirror real afl too

I don't mind it, just throw your surplus late pick kids there lol

It's a stupid rule in the AFL too. They should just expand list sizes to 44 + whatever category B players they've got on their lists. Frost was on Collingwood's rookie list then upgraded before round 1. Pointless.

Purple 77

Yeah I'm not a fan of Rookie Lists, but it's just an added feature to our game to try and replicate the AFL.

People are also correct in saying that there is 40 senior listed players, and all remaining players will be rookie drafted, so I'm guessing everyone will have 5 (give or take 1) rookies each

Memphistopheles

Been looking at our team and although we will draft some more midfielders I think we need another one that's a bit more established.

So we would be looking to package up 2/3/4 players to get a good midfielder (or someone with potential for the future) to get one.

If you have one and a combination of any of the following guys interests you let me know

James Gwilt    ,Cam O'Shea, Lachie Plowman, Will Schofield, Jimmy Toumpas, Lukas Webb, Jake Kelly, Matt Dick, Brady Grey, Billie Smedts, Andrejs Everitt, Stewart Crameri, Sam Reid, Gary Rohan, Craig Bird, Mitch Honeychurch, Dean Kent, Brandon Jack, Lincoln McCarthy, Jaden McGrath, Jonathan Freeman.

The better the player you offer up the better the deal we'll give you.

Memphistopheles

Probably should add that pending trades we will have Pick 12, 22, 24 and 31 as well which could be added to the above players in any deal (we're not trading Pick 4).

Ringo

I may also add that Luke Shuey is on the London's immovable list.  We did not trade him in to trade him out again.

meow meow

Quote from: Ringo on October 11, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
I may also add that Luke Shuey is on the London's immovable list.  We did not trade him in to trade him out again.

What if Buenos Aires offered you Pendles, Swallow, Nichols and JZ? Nobody is immovable.

Nige

Shoutout to NDT who have made some really solid trades this period, the latest is no exception.

RaisyDaisy

Looks like Luey is going to Essendon

Not feeling as bad now about trading McKernan last season lol

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on October 12, 2015, 11:25:11 AM
Shoutout to NDT who have made some really solid trades this period, the latest is no exception.

Been super impressive.

I know what Meow is doing with Pick 2, and I'm jealous  :'(

Ricochet

Thanks Nige, not gonna lie it's been full on but we're getting there

Oh and...

Fwds: JMartin, Elliott, Darling, Heeney
(Hrovat, RKnight, PMcCartin)

#complete

Jay

Proving why re-drafts are just ridiculous.

Holz

NDT done a really really good job.

I personally think they made a big mistake in the last trade. But I rate them enough as coaches that I could possibly be wrong on that call. that's huge for me.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on October 12, 2015, 11:57:17 AM
Proving why re-drafts are just ridiculous.
I mean, the first one was okay because Wellington were decent and Sao Paulo was pretty OP but Toronto and Buenos Aires didn't have the quality for it to be worthwhile. This discussion has already been had though so I'll leave it there.