WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 01:00:11 AM
Agree, the stopping top teams theory is bs and shouldn't be factored into trading

Look at NDT and even Ada already with Toronto, they're doing great jobs. Going very aggressive like we did last year

You'll never improve if you just sit around doing 1-2 trades all year

dis agree
in some cases you do not need to do 20 trades

PNL probably do the least amount of trades of most teams and event he ones we do are not classed as big name ones

i wouldn't say we are doing badly ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: DazBurg on October 11, 2015, 10:17:08 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 01:00:11 AM
Agree, the stopping top teams theory is bs and shouldn't be factored into trading

Look at NDT and even Ada already with Toronto, they're doing great jobs. Going very aggressive like we did last year

You'll never improve if you just sit around doing 1-2 trades all year

dis agree
in some cases you do not need to do 20 trades

PNL probably do the least amount of trades of most teams and event he ones we do are not classed as big name ones

i wouldn't say we are doing badly ;)

That comment was not aimed at Top Teams. If you're a top team then of course it's quite the opposite and only a few trades would need to be done to tweak things and improve

Instead of waiting for the top teams to one day crumble or suggest that we shouldn't trade with them etc, the lower teams should follow NDT, Toronto and 2014 NY's approach. Seeing teams like Seoul and Cairo for example only having done 1-3 trades or there about's and then in this instance JB say evening the comp by letting top teams lose trades is good, makes me think that instead of passing trades that hurt the top teams you should be doing more trades of your own to improve your team

Hence my comment of never improving by barely trading

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 11, 2015, 01:57:55 AM
whoever is voting against trades due to ladder position needs to be talked to i'm sure purps knows who it is

Balance of comp is absolutely a reason to stop trades.

However I will say, it becomes less valid the smaller the trade is, but it is still a legitimate reason to neg a trade.

Again, I trust the system in that the correct trades get passed and negged, and that's what has happened so far.

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2015, 10:30:50 AM
Instead of waiting for the top teams to one day crumble or suggest that we shouldn't trade with them etc, the lower teams should follow NDT, Toronto and 2014 NY's approach. Seeing teams like Seoul and Cairo for example only having done 1-3 trades
Our list is fine in our opinion. It was just unluckily cruelled by injuries this season.

We identified the need to upgrade our F1 and D1 on both lines and did so turning Breust into Higgins and Smith into Roberton, both of which we believe will be smart long term decisions. We're confident we have players who will show natural improvement and get more opportunities (in the case of younger players) to help us get back into the 8.

We've also tried to ensure we don't have a repeat of last year and attempted to boost midfield numbers and not have to pay 3 OOP mids ever again. We've offered up defensive depth (because we have like 9 defenders who are best 22 and play every week, even though they're not world beaters which again helped big time in 2015) in return for a mid or two but nobody has taken the offer.

We're extremely confident in our trading and drafting strategy and really don't see the need to simply make mass changes to our list.

GoLions

Also RD, we're not gonna accept flowering shower offers just for the sake of trading (e.g. old players with 1 year left in return for our youth).

You don't need to do 200 trades a season to improve either.

DazBurg

Quote from: Nige on October 11, 2015, 10:58:53 AM
Instead of waiting for the top teams to one day crumble or suggest that we shouldn't trade with them etc, the lower teams should follow NDT, Toronto and 2014 NY's approach. Seeing teams like Seoul and Cairo for example only having done 1-3 trades
Our list is fine in our opinion. It was just unluckily cruelled by injuries this season.

We identified the need to upgrade our F1 and D1 on both lines and did so turning Breust into Higgins and Smith into Roberton, both of which we believe will be smart long term decisions. We're confident we have players who will show natural improvement and get more opportunities (in the case of younger players) to help us get back into the 8.

We've also tried to ensure we don't have a repeat of last year and attempted to boost midfield numbers and not have to pay 3 OOP mids ever again. We've offered up defensive depth (because we have like 9 defenders who are best 22 and play every week, even though they're not world beaters which again helped big time in 2015) in return for a mid or two but nobody has taken the offer.

We're extremely confident in our trading and drafting strategy and really don't see the need to simply make mass changes to our list.

just out of curosity (not that we need defenders)
but who were they? (save me looking back for it)

just good to know where most teams are at
like RD does he keeps it up yo date and we know who his looking to move

also @RD yeah fair point on the ones down the bottom everyone pays a premium for youth in this comp so excellent youth can be turned into a decent amount

Nige

Quote from: DazBurg on October 11, 2015, 01:12:32 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 11, 2015, 10:58:53 AM

just out of curosity (not that we need defenders)
but who were they? (save me looking back for it)

just good to know where most teams are at
like RD does he keeps it up yo date and we know who his looking to move

also @RD yeah fair point on the ones down the bottom everyone pays a premium for youth in this comp so excellent youth can be turned into a decent amount
Jezza Laidler or Nick Smith, Rory Thompson, Ben Stratton, Sam Rowe

RaisyDaisy

No doubt you boys got destroyed with injuries this year. Probably a slight error on my part mentioning you, but as I'm sure you understand it was just to prove a point.

Of course you don't need to bulk trade in order to improve, but I just didn't agree with JB implying it's ok for top teams to pay overs to low teams. Low teams need to sacrifice to improve too

Memphistopheles

Hey I'm sure it's around somewhere but, I thought I might get an answer faster if I post here.

How many players do we need to have on our list at final list lodgement?

It's 5-6 rookies plus how many on the senior list?

Ricochet

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 11, 2015, 04:10:48 PM
Hey I'm sure it's around somewhere but, I thought I might get an answer faster if I post here.

40 man

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on October 11, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 11, 2015, 04:10:48 PM

40 man

Cheers mate.

RaisyDaisy

And I think it's 4, possibly 5 rookies. Not 6

Ricochet

meow meow

Rookie list sizes will be decided when we know how many players are on AFL lists for season 2016.

Do we even need a rookie list? It serves no purpose.

RaisyDaisy

Clutching at straws I know, but if anyone has a full time ruck that plays please hit me up