WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on October 02, 2015, 10:02:26 PM

vandenBerg? The placement of the capital letter in your name is ridiculous. Be gone.

It annoys me too....

Ricochet

Quote from: meow meow on October 02, 2015, 10:54:04 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2015, 10:22:50 PM
McKernan... Pick 92 last year, pick 12 this year

meow is a wizard

That one has got to get past the trade vote still :P
McKernan this year certainly wasn't the same McKernan from last year

meow meow

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2015, 11:43:53 PM

meow is a wizard

McKernan this year certainly wasn't the same McKernan from last year

I did it for guys like Dayne Beams, Harley Bennell, Michael Walters, Charlie Dixon, Tom Liberatore, Bob Murphy, Ryan Griffen, Monfries (for a year). Roberton and Picken this year. While some were already pretty good players, I brought them to my club and made stars out of them. Turned Jeff Garlett's career around. Tory Dickson repaid the faith. Scully has come on heaps. Inspired old guys like Boyd, Mitchell and Sandi to bounce back to almost career best seasons. Even guys like Tom Lynch (GC), Foife, Higgo, Brodie Smith are reaching new highs after spending time at my club, they just were on delay by a couple of years but I knew they'd get there. "Laugh now, cry later" I believe it was that I said when I drafted Higgo earlier than everyone else would have and they questioned the move.

flowering destroyed Gibbs though!

There is a downside too. Libba and Bennell have gone down the wrong path since I traded them out. Griff has emotional problems and looks like a shell of a man without my guidance. Monfries sucks again. Fyfe couldn't deal with Sam Mitchell being my new captain and choked up when playing against me and is putting on a brave face but he's crumbling on the inside, literally.

kilbluff1985

Gibbs is allergic to cats that's why u couldn't help him

meow meow

I ain't no cat. I'm White Magic and this is what I can make you do!

So yeah, that's where my username comes from. I don't partake, I just thought that was one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Ringo

OK all am back in the land of the living and can start devoting time to trades.

I am packaging Shane Edwards and Billy Hartung for the best offer so hit me up. Obviously will be looking for a top grade prem at least to strengthen the Royals. I have had offers for both individually but think to really lift the Royals need to get another prem.

Holz

meow is a wizard

Its a pretty good effort from the meow. Might even be the second best I have seen

meow meow

Mexico City getting Rocky for nothing is the best ever, tru?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 03, 2015, 08:17:45 PM
Mexico City getting Rocky for nothing is the best ever, tru?

I was implying you might be the second best trader. Your right the rocky trade is a masive negative against you.

All good evrn the best arent perfect (Barlow for watts)

meow meow

meow meow

After the WXV Draft, prior to season numero uno

bomberboy0618 trades Adam Treloar to meow meow for Brian Lake
2 Objections  :P and I'm guessing one was from HP.
Treloar hadn't played yet and didn't go through the draft so not many people knew what he was worth. Was still a risk as an untried player though. Josh Toy was also a gun junior before he joined the Gold Coast as a prelisted player like Treloar a year later at GWS. I'd say the gamble paid off.

meow meow trades Chris Masten 57>90 (97, 85, 89) to MajorLazer for Jordan Russell 72>50 (63)
Screwed this one up! Masten immediately brokeout after I traded him. Needed a backman but Russell did nothing 7 games at 50 then 9 at 63.

c4v3m4n trades James Frawley to meow meow who trades Jarrod Witts in return
Frawley played plenty in season 1 and Witts still hasn't done much. Might be a long term loss or meh forever.

2012/13 off season

London Gives: Bob Murphy 84>99 (89, 92)
Moscow Gives: Jonathan Brown 78>63 (59)
Back when nobody rated Bob like they should have, I guess nobody cared enough about WB to see what a gun he was and the longevity in him. Was my favourite player back then! Brown played only 15 and 11 games across the two seasons before retiring.

New York gives: Nat Fyfe 93>107 (122, 124), Jack Darling 76>77 (80, 84)
Moscow gives: Allen Christensen 80>93 (91, 87), Ryan Bastinac 76>93 (77, 72), Tom Liberatore 83>107 (110, 0)
Fyfe was coming off a 9 game season. Christensen went at 80 but I talked him up as a 85-90 (sound familiar?). All players improved the next season and NY won the trade for the year but Fyfe has become the player I was buying back then, and Basti has gone back to a mid 70's player.
Still looks pretty fair to this day.

Tokyo gives: Picks 21, 26
Moscow Gives: Pick 14

Meh

Moscow gives: Picks 26, 51 and Harley Bennell 97>97 (96, 102)
Cairo gives: Pick 42 and Ryan Griffen 106>116 (99, 91)
Right before Griff became the greatest player in the universe for a while. Jumped to 116 (seemed better than that) before a significant fall from grace. I drafted Harley ahead of D.Swallow as a 68 ave player and one year later Cairo bought a 97 ave player who backed it up with another 97 for them. Good seasons followed but only 15 games each of the past 3 years. Griff's one sensational year isn't enough to stop this one from being called a loss.

Moscow gives: Picks 33, 69, Thomas Lynch 68>67 (83, 89) and Brandon Matera 68>60 (75, 67)
Berlin gives: Picks 3, 30, 76 and Michael Walters 75>89 (79, 81)

Moscow gives: Pick 3
Beijing gives: Dom Tyson 56>45
(94, 80)

There was probably better players than Tyson available at pick 3 in the draft that year but I wanted him because I saw the talent despite only averaging 56. He only played 3 games @45 due to his back so immediately that was a loss, and the new bosses practically gave him away before he was able to average well. Wines ended up being pick 3. Walters had played a total of 17 matches across his 4 seasons and his best was an 8 game season at 75. Huge breakout as soon as I bought him to Moscow. TJ was going to take a while, backed it up with another 67 (but only 8 games) and while he may now be the best player here I'd probably still take Tyson and Walters over TJ and Matera. Wines and Walters would have been better though, so the 2nd part of the trade was a mistake.

Sao Paulo gives: Josh Growden
Moscow gives: Pick 42

Growden never played. Well played CrowsFan.

London gives: Pick 22
Moscow gives: Steven Morris

A fine example of sell high. SM averaged 66 for me, and has then gone 51-52-49 and really shouldn't get games ever again.

Moscow gives: Pick 87
Beijing gives: Liam Jurrah

This was after the machete incident and he had no chance of ever playing again ::)

Moscow gives: Picks 22 and 30
Beijing gives: Shane Tuck

Tuck coming off a 115 season was terrible in his final year (10 @66) so that was worthless short term and long term a loss.

Mexico City gives: Kyle Hardingham
Moscow gives: Jordan Russell

Hardingham via Russell for Masten was still a big loss.

Moscow gives: Pick 76
Mexico City gives: Josh Mellington

Meh

Moscow gives: Matthew Panos
PNL gives: Pick 77

Meh

Moscow gives: Tory Dickson 70>70 (46, 77)
Cairo gives: Bernie Vince 85>76 (95, 98)
The first year after the trade would have been a loss but it looks like it was a wise choice to trade Tory although he's a bit younger than Vince and has really blossomed under his favourite WXV coach again. Didn't end up keeping Vince

Moscow gives: Brodie Smith 65>75 (93, 76), Mitch Brown (Cats) 43>48 (50) and Ben Sinclair 52>56 (62, 56)
New York gives: Pick 10 and Jack Hombsch 68>76 (67, 72)

Moscow gives: Pick 10
Dublin gives: Brandon Ellis 56>82
(97, 99)
Smith for Ellis was alright in year 1 then great, little win with Hombsch over Sinclair and Brown (will drafted again this year), Didn't keep Ellis though and it ended up basically being Smith for Dixon. Holz drafted Hogan with pick 10.

Moscow gives: Pick 21 and Sam Kerridge
Beijing gives: Picks 14 and 30

Meh

London gives: Fraser McInness
Moscow gives: Pick 77, Tom Young and Nathan Wilson

Still fair, still a nothing trade.

Dublin give: Israel Folau
Moscow give: Pick 30

Issy retired about 3 days after this. Pick 30 became Jed Anderson I think. Needless to say, this was a loss but not too costly.

Moscow gives: Pick 14
Toronto gives: Angus Monfries 67>90
(63, 66)
Gus with a big rise after I traded him in. Good trade for the first year. Pick 14 was Sam Mayes 70-69-59)

Moscow gives: Brandon Ellis 58>81 (97, 99) and Jordan Roughead 66>66 (60, 64)
Seoul gives: Charlie Dixon 73>89 (68, 69), Brad Dick, Josh Thomas 0>79 (72, 0) and George Burbury
Charlie became a gun after I traded him in and was worth doing for that season. Joshie hadn't played at this point but went at 79 immediately after I traded him in. Seoul are reaping the rewards now though due to injury and drugs but it looked good for Moscow in that first year.

Moscow give: Bernie Vince 85>76 (95, 98) and Dayne Beams 123>102 (116, 113)
Cairo gives: Pick 24, Leigh Adams 83>80 (61, 0) and Callan Ward 107>97 (102, 106)

Moscow Trades: Pick 24
Dublin Trades: Preseason Draft Pick 1

Adams was good for Moscow for the first year as an 80 ave forward vs Vince's 76 midfield output. Beams only played 7 games in 2013 so Ward was a short term win despite averaging 5 less but long term it's a little loss. Took Colquhoun with PSD #1 while Holz took Plowman with 24 so that part is meh. Overall the Adams/Vince part makes it a decent loss due to the fact that Bernie is still going strong and Beams is a touch better than Ward.

I'd say my trading has always been fair and I don't screw teams over, I just rely talent identification and can pick a breakout contender like Roberton/Picken/Walters/Dixon/Griffen or players who should bounce back like Dickson/Garlett/Monfries (or I'm just lucky) to improve the team. McKernan wasn't even on an AFL list when I brought him in.

I have my shockers like giving Masten for Russell/Hardingham and my wins like J.Brown for Bob but overall I'm neither good nor bad at trading.

MajorLazer

Pretty much just looks like you stuffed up when you traded with me and I'm pretty sure I would've been drunk for a few of those trades.

Levi434

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2015, 10:29:10 AM
Updated spreadsheet:

WXV Current Lists

Still willing to hear suggestions for any add-ons to it :)

Not sure if it's just me but the link doesn't appear to be working for me?

Is it possible that instead of having the weeks listed as "BYE 1" or "BYE 2" could you please just inlcude all the weeks? So weeks 11, 12, 13?

Thanks.  :)

Hellopplz

Yeah I was one of them who negged that trade Meowtwo :P.

meow meow

Beams going from 100 to 123, Bennell 68 to 97, Roberton going from 48 to 93 all being traded out probably indicates that 89 average Dixon, 90 average Monfries, 89 average Walters would have been traded out while their value was at it's highest. Most of my players only get one year contracts.

I know I wouldn't have cashed in on Bob, Griff or Josh Thomas though.

There's some win-wins there. Brodie Smith/Brandon Ellis/Hogan is fair.
TJ Lynch is a gun who was worth giving up #3 for.
Libba, Christensen and Basti kept improving as expected and NY won that trade.
Cairo would be chuffed with Beams after his first season hiccup and would actually be considered a loss on my end.
Wines for Tyson is a win to 'jing.
Masten the big win and ML should talk trades with me when he's drunk more often for Cairo's sake.

Jamie Elliott could be a win-win or maybe just a win for you if you want him!