WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Clay Cameron looks pretty great in that picture.

meow meow

Anyone want picks 31, 46 and 91 in exchange for one pick or player? A second and third round pick isn't useless. Could package them with a player too.

Holz

I dont understand how there is absolutely zero talk about the oxley yarran deal. Why do Mexico's trades go under the radar soo much

Oxley isnt even best 22.

had a few looks at peoples predicted 22s from big footy.  22 teams were predicted and not a single one with Oxley in it.

Maynard
Williams
Langdon
Scharenburg
Marsh

pick 39 is essentially usueless in this draft. So thats nothing.

So its a 30 year old defender who is injury prone and averaged 80 and only managed 13 games.

+

with a guy who most dont see as best 22 and is 22 years old (his vest games were because he wasnt very good) you cant just go ohh its his first season he will improve from here. He is 22 years old he was supposed to have an immediate impact. Truth is the real talented rookies will do exactly that improve as they are better. Think Maynyard and Scharenberg (both guys are already getting games and the pies will go with these players)

If you want to see what Oxley will do just look at Mullett from North. In a few years Oxley probably wont be on an AFL list. (MJ probably wont be aswell)

for

a 22 year old midfielder who has cracked into the best team in the comp improving each year and at a 79 average, which will go up when the older guys retire

+

a 24 backman who is about to leave a terrible club who averaged 87 in his 3rd year, 83 the year before. Yes he is injury prone but he is lock 22 and with a fresh start could easily go 85+ and be a premo back.

+

Jamar yes isnt very good but could get picked up. Balances up the picks easy.

I would write more but FF player profiles are down.

Purple 77

*leans back in chair*

Will not be biting  8)

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 29, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
*leans back in chair*

Will not be biting  8)

You had better bite because I'm with Holz on this one.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 29, 2015, 11:18:04 AM
*leans back in chair*

Will not be biting  8)

wow, was expecting you to go against me for the sake of discussion. This is huge.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on September 29, 2015, 11:18:04 AM
*leans back in chair*

Will not be biting  8)

I have faith in the system; if you guys see something I didn't, then you will neg the trade and save me from a blunder. If it passes, I get what I want.

So I see no reason to defend it  8)

RaisyDaisy

Purps needs to get Yarran from Tokyo first before this deal can even go ahead

I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about that deal

kilbluff1985

how can Seedsman be in the best 22 when he leaving

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 29, 2015, 11:27:18 AM
Purps needs to get Yarran from Tokyo first before this deal can even go ahead

I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about that deal

i did think he got Yarran a little cheap. but totally confused to see what he is worth on the on trade.

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2015, 11:29:10 AM

he isnt in the best 22 he is depth on the bench (much like oxley) he isnt 100% gone. Either way Oxley still depth.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on September 29, 2015, 11:34:52 AM

he isnt in the best 22 he is depth on the bench (much like oxley) he isnt 100% gone. Either way Oxley still depth.
Disagree mate, like we spoke about in the pm. He played 17 games this year, and was rested for 2 games. That's not depth

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on September 29, 2015, 11:36:05 AM
Quote from: Holz on September 29, 2015, 11:34:52 AM

Disagree mate, like we spoke about in the pm. He played 17 games this year, and was rested for 2 games. That's not depth

They struggled this year and had lots of injuries. Depth does play when they need it and they needed it. Maynard and Shaz are far better players and when they develop he will be out. They are adding in Treloar and will have a fit Greenwood in the middle too. So spots in the 22 become tougher. He also played on the wing abit to score those big scores to push up his average. Spots in the defense are shrinking spots in the middle are too. But even if he gets a spot as a fringe mid then he is just a poor hill. Hill has cracked into the best squad in AFL and will keep getting better.

So Hill >>> Oxley in my books. But for fairness sake lets say equal (which is me being very very nice)

a broken down injured 30 year old back is not worth a defender about to enter his prime at a new club.

Yarran is younger, better and will probably play more games. Thats not worth pick 39 in even the best draft. They are saying this is the shallowest draft in a decade.

It would probably be a top 5 needed not 39 for me to pass this trade and I basically pass everything.

I can even bring up the sake of the comp argument. the team who just won the flag and has gone top 3 every year should not get a potential primes premo back and a very solid midfielder for a injured old man (he is an old 30) and a VFL player.

Ricochet

Yarran played more VFL games and Oxley this year...

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on September 29, 2015, 12:00:13 PM
Yarran played more VFL games and Oxley this year...

true but he isnt a VFL player called up to the AFL, he is a clear AFL talent who has had a tough year. I reckon its because they knew he was leaving and he was unhappy and had just given up. Put him at the tiges were they push for a flag and watch out.

I cant believe im defending Yarran. One of my most disliked players but i got to look at the numbers and he screams buy low. Its why i thought purp did really well getting him.