WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 06:42:27 PM
Trade 25 (3 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Stephen Hill, Andrew Walker + Mitch Clark
Toronto trade: Mitch Robinson, Aaron Hall, Tom Cutler, Jackson Ramsay + Sean Lemmens
Coaches comments: One coach said Toronto are overpaying, one coach said Rio were overpaying, and the other expressed concerns about Rio's team structure.
Admin comments: Robinson has a case to keep forward status next year, with that being the case he probably equals Stephen Hill whom averaged 3 more points than him this year. Mitch Clark is injury prone and a bit of an unknown, so I'd argue he wouldn't have too much value so I'll say he equals Lemmens, Cutler & Ramsay if I'm being generous. Which leaves Walker v Hall... Walker was a premium defender two years ago whom seems to be on the decline, Hall is more likely than unlikely to be a pure mid next year, which added unknowns to his JS when other suns players play, but he has shown he can score... there is definitely not enough here to make me change the decision.
Verdict: PASS

Hold on, I should really do this first, but I didn't.

The trade is REJECTED, it puts Toronto further below the cap. Sorry guys  :-\

EDIT: ^^crossed out everything^^

RaisyDaisy

I guess if trades take you over the cap it's ok as you can always delist, but if they take you below the cap they have to be rejected straight away?? Ada still has more than enough time to do other trades to get him above the Cap. Is it just rejected because he may in fact not be able to construct enough deals to get above?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 04:37:39 PM
I might have mentioned the word agenda once, but it was more so in reference of how people evaluate trades

The mere fact that someone neg'd the Cooney for Gray trade for example, is what I am getting at.

I mean seriously, why would you even bother negging that? Cooney going to get Mexico another flag?

Anyway, like I said - just lodge your trades, clench your cheeks and hope for common sense to prevail

I can see why someone might neg the trade, which was one of ours.

Two seasons ago Cooney was a 92 average player whereas Brady Grey only got a game because of the Dockers resting guys. So trading an almost completely unproven guy for an ex gun (albeit old) could be seen as unfair.

But, we think Cooney only has 1, maybe 2, seasons at most left and I know that Grey has been carving up the WAFL so we're willing to take the risk as we don't think we'll be challenging next year.

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 07:26:49 PM
I guess if trades take you over the cap it's ok as you can always delist, but if they take you below the cap they have to be rejected straight away?? Ada still has more than enough time to do other trades to get him above the Cap. Is it just rejected because he may in fact not be able to construct enough deals to get above?

You can trade over the cap yeah, as long as you are below it after list lodgements.

More or less, yeah. The cap encourages depth, and as you can see from the above, Toronto get -2 players in the trade.

It should be very easy to fix.

FTR, Toronto loses 788 points in the trade.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on September 22, 2015, 07:16:53 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
QuoteTrade 24
Rio de Janeiro trade: Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Pick 79 + PSD Pick 5
Dublin trade: Travis Boak + Jobe Watson + Josh Bruce + Jason Holmes

Rio actually have PSD Pick 4, not 5. There are no priority picks in either the pre-season or rookie draft.

But to be thorough, need both coaches to confirm the change, then consider it done.

Pass.  To use the pick I skip in nat right?

Yep.

Purple 77

I've just worked my way through the rest of the trades, and as it turned out, Toronto did later trades to bring their cap up by enough to allow for that Rio trade.

In the past, I've been told I need to trade in a certain order to avoid this exact issue, so keep that in mind in the future.

But it seems silly to put that trade through the process again, so will just let it pass.

Ricochet

Wait, so we can make trades that lower our cap as long as we make later trades that increase it?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on September 22, 2015, 08:21:52 PM
Wait, so we can make trades that lower our cap as long as we make later trades that increase it?

It seems like it as long as it's within the same trade vote/week.

Purple 77

This is just a one-off, as I reckon Ada wasn't aware of how strict it had to be.

OH! I forgot to mention that they are actually over the minimum cap, which is why I'm allowing this to happen just this once. Probably should have mentioned that.

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 12:29:14 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 22, 2015, 12:07:41 PM
[Then why complain about some coaches negging trades / taking their time / suggest they have an agenda?

Taking their time is not something I complain about, that's fine, but then I would ask - what is taking so long? If you need to think about it, do some analysis etc then it's clearly not an instant NO from you, so just pass it and move on

Horrible one sided trades would get an instant No reaction, and these are the only trades we should be blocking

Thing long think wrong

As for the agenda comment, there are instances of a trade/s getting negged because of the teams involved, and that's what I was referring to. Holz is the obvious example
Sorry RD have to disagree with you her and that is fine as each is entitled to their views. When I got the list of trades at first glance I was only happy with 3. So based on your theory I should have negged 7 straight away. However after reviewing and analysing only negged 4. Hence my reasons for taking time as I want to be fair in my judgements.

There is no agenda on my part just wanting to see trades as fair in my eyes.

JBs-Hawks

But trades don't need to be even to pass they just don't need to be horribly one sided

Purple 77

Updated spreadsheet for those who use it:

WXV Current Lists

^^ I've included the Rookie Draft and Pre-Season Draft Order now.

If spreadsheets aren't for you, I've updated the Player Lists and Caps below :)

WXV Player Lists & Draft Order

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Sorry to be a pain, but do you reckon you could update the draft pick order too? Picks have been traded, but are not reflective like the team lists are :)

Os used to just strikethrough the trade, then put the new team owner of that trade next to it

Eg/

Pick 12 New York Revolution Rio De Janeiro

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Sorry to be a pain, but do you reckon you could update the draft pick order too? Picks have been traded, but are not reflective like the team lists are :)

Os used to just strikethrough the trade, then put the new team owner of that trade next to it

Eg/

Pick 12 New York Revolution Rio De Janeiro

I knew there was something I forgot...

ossie's strike-through's annoyed me, I WILL NOT HAVE THIS!!!

EDIT: But yeah, is now updated  :)

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 08:25:40 PM

This is just a one-off, as I reckon Ada wasn't aware of how strict it had to be.

OH! I forgot to mention that they are actually over the minimum cap, which is why I'm allowing this to happen just this once. Probably should have mentioned that.
That's ok, NDT will do it the hard way ;)

#NDTfinals2016