WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 11:31:12 AM
Yeah, because everyone has their different views, I of course have my own, so I fear if we did Admin only, I could reject a trade where I'm the extreme minority of that opinion.

Plus, I could see coaches PM me and say "How could you possibly let that trade through?!" and really I think it would add more drama then what it is now.

I understand that completely but dont you kind of have admin powers already.

for example I had trades blocked last year when 14 or 15 of the coaches approve the deal. The Walker deal last week had 13/18 votes to approve and went down.

im ok with this though. I obviously like admin powers.

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 22, 2015, 11:32:24 AM
people can appeal your decisions and then a committee votes on the trade

thats a very dangerous. once a deal is approved it shouldn't be changed people plan on that deal being locked in. If your going this option then the admin should decide say 2 days after trade. If you have an issue PM them beforehand.

Ricochet

Not that I want it changed right now, but I reckon this is the best way. Admin aprrove/blocks, then if you get 3-4 coaches strongly appeal the decision then that trade goes to a committee to be re-looked at.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on September 22, 2015, 11:34:35 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 22, 2015, 11:31:12 AM
Yeah, because everyone has their different views, I of course have my own, so I fear if we did Admin only, I could reject a trade where I'm the extreme minority of that opinion.

Plus, I could see coaches PM me and say "How could you possibly let that trade through?!" and really I think it would add more drama then what it is now.

I understand that completely but dont you kind of have admin powers already.

for example I had trades blocked last year when 14 or 15 of the coaches approve the deal. The Walker deal last week had 13/18 votes to approve and went down.

im ok with this though. I obviously like admin powers.

Well yeah I do, I feel like currently its pretty much admin only but with the support of other coaches, which I think stops me making decisions where everyone likes it and I don't.

FTR, every trade that has passed and failed I have agreed with.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 22, 2015, 11:37:45 AM
Not that I want it changed right now, but I reckon this is the best way. Admin aprrove/blocks, then if you get 3-4 coaches strongly appeal the decision then that trade goes to a committee to be re-looked at.

I've often thought about this, but I'd want it to be committee of non-current WXV people.

I'm struggling to think of a handful of users that
a) know how WXVs work and the teams,
b) aren't already involved,
c) have a generally respected opinion amongst the population (or pretty much known users that the coaches can trust), and
d) are active enough to rely on and be called upon when necessary

Either way, I don't think I'll change how it works mid-way through the trading period.

RaisyDaisy

You could even reverse the current system

Admin approve/block without vote, but only then if a trade gets appealed by X amount of teams, that trade then goes to the 18 coaches to vote on

If it cant get through both of those cycles, then the trade needs to be renegotiated, which in most cases just involves one team giving the other a little more

In this case, the teams involved in that trade are given X amount of time to renegotiate, and only then if they cannot come to terms the players involved in that trade are back on the open market and other teams can enquire/make offers

meow meow

There's nothing wrong with the current system. The WXV coaches are the committee that the vote needs to be put to and we're not going to find a better bunch of opinions to decide trades than the crop we've got in here.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 11:56:52 AM
There's nothing wrong with the current system. The WXV coaches are the committee that the vote needs to be put to and we're not going to find a better bunch of opinions to decide trades than the crop we've got in here.

Agree

The whole committee idea although nice in theory, is not really required and is just overkill imo. As meow said, I wouldn't want anyone outside of the coaches involved in Worlds having a say

At the end of the day, if a trade is getting 9+ negs, then it has to be tweaked

The earlier conversations we've had around how the teams involved in a negged trade shouldn't be offering the players until they have been given enough time to negotiate first, are probably the change we need to actually make

The current system plus that addition would clear up everything

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 12:00:14 PM

Agree

The whole committee idea although nice in theory, is not really required and is just overkill imo. As meow said, I wouldn't want anyone outside of the coaches involved in Worlds having a say
Then why complain about some coaches negging trades / taking their time / suggest they have an agenda?

Holz

you dont think a two week turn around sometimes in a deal getting done is a long time. If it then gets negged it can take alomst a month to get a deal done.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on September 22, 2015, 12:07:41 PM
[Then why complain about some coaches negging trades / taking their time / suggest they have an agenda?

Taking their time is not something I complain about, that's fine, but then I would ask - what is taking so long? If you need to think about it, do some analysis etc then it's clearly not an instant NO from you, so just pass it and move on

Horrible one sided trades would get an instant No reaction, and these are the only trades we should be blocking

Thing long think wrong

As for the agenda comment, there are instances of a trade/s getting negged because of the teams involved, and that's what I was referring to. Holz is the obvious example

meow meow

There's no agenda against Holz/Dublin. I didn't block his Libba trade since it was fair. I blocked the Goldy trade since Holz must have fed Levi alcohol, turned the lights off and convinced him that he was Leigh Montagna.

kilbluff1985

lol how can you say there is nothing wrong with this system

and the admin system works fine in other comps with much less arguments

meow meow

What's wrong with arguments? You thought the Rocky debate was tiresome, wait until the GAJ trade. I've already spoken to my cousin who is a lawyer and prepared my case.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 22, 2015, 12:43:32 PM
lol how can you say there is nothing wrong with this system

and the admin system works fine in other comps with much less arguments

I don't think the system is that bad, we just need to refine a few minor processes

Personally, I'm actually fine with the current system - I just get frustrated when any trade that involves a good player attracts so much heat and causes so much hoo hah. My only gripe about everything relating to this, is how coaches vote, but as discussed everyone see's players/picks differently.

As I said earlier, I'd love to see the neg stats for each coach and team. That would identify a lot - what coaches need to maybe take votes more serious, and what coaches need to ease up, because the reality is that deviation between all 18 teams votes shouldn't be wide at all, but clearly it is

Toga

Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 12:43:29 PM
There's no agenda against Holz/Dublin. I didn't block his Libba trade since it was fair. I blocked the Goldy trade since Holz must have fed Levi alcohol, turned the lights off and convinced him that he was Leigh Montagna.

Holz is Milney? :o You cheecky bugger!