WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Holz

Purple 77

Just reminding everyone of this:

Quote- 9 votes against and the trade fails

- 6-8 votes against and the trade fails, unless the Admin decides to let it pass

- 3-5 votes against and the trade passes, unless the Admin decides to let it fail

- 0-2 votes against and the passes.

Two coaches to go, meaning the following trades will pass as they have not attracted any votes

Trade 26
Toronto trade: Pick 85
New York trade: Michael Firrito

Trade 27
New York trade: Matthew White
Seoul trade: Heath Hocking + Pick 64

Trade 29
New York trade: Dawson Simpson
Pacific trade: Claye Beams

Holz

I have to ask the question if 7/10 trades people have an issue with, do we have an issue with the coaches in worlds. I dont think we do but if there are lots of questionable trades each week then the losing teams coaching ability is being questioned.

I personally cant see how 70% of the trades someone can see that they are horribly one sided or have a major negative effect on the comp.

it looks to me like any trade not involving scrubs come into question.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on September 22, 2015, 10:09:02 AM
I have to ask the question if 7/10 trades people have an issue with, do we have an issue with the coaches in worlds. I dont think we do but if there are lots of questionable trades each week then the losing teams coaching ability is being questioned.

I personally cant see how 70% of the trades someone can see that they are horribly one sided or have a major negative effect on the comp.

Completely agree

I'd be really curious to see each coach/team neg rate.

We clearly have a few coaches who are either over analyzing things, or just letting their personal opinions/agenda's take over

It's getting ridiculous now

Memphistopheles

Sorry votes in now.

Sent my thoughts to MC who approved but, I forgot to send them on to you Purps :D

Purple 77

One team to go :)

Both of these trades attracted one vote, so even if that coach rejects it, it will pass anyway:

Trade 30
Mexico City trade: Brady Grey
Cape Town trade: Adam Cooney

Trade 31
Mexico City trade: Allen Christensen + Taylor Hunt
Beijing trade: Eddie Betts, Sam Gray + Maverick Weller

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 10:23:24 AM
Quote from: Holz on September 22, 2015, 10:09:02 AM

Completely agree

I'd be really curious to see each coach/team neg rate.

We clearly have a few coaches who are either over analyzing things, or just letting their personal opinions/agenda's take over

It's getting ridiculous now
It's always going to happen when coaches value players differently.

Trade X
Player 1 + Player 2
for
Player 3 + Player 4

If a coach rates 1 and 2 a lot higher than you, and 3 and 4 a lot less than you then all of a sudden it goes from being fair to almost neg worthy.

Picks are probably the best example, with a massive range of value from coach to coach.

In saying that I thought all the trades this week were sweet as, apart from one that was a bit ify

kilbluff1985

when was the last time everyone voted on the trade voting thing anyway as in if they want coached to vote or let admin approve

JBs-Hawks

We're not changing to admin approval. Go look at some of the trades approved in euros and Asians

Jay

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 22, 2015, 11:22:41 AM
We're not changing to admin approval. Go look at some of the trades approved in euros and Asians

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on September 22, 2015, 11:25:17 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 22, 2015, 11:22:41 AM

cant speak for Asian but I would happily challenge that statement.

Purple 77

Yeah, because everyone has their different views, I of course have my own, so I fear if we did Admin only, I could reject a trade where I'm the extreme minority of that opinion.

Plus, I could see coaches PM me and say "How could you possibly let that trade through?!" and really I think it would add more drama then what it is now.

kilbluff1985

people can appeal your decisions and then a committee votes on the trade