WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Do teams in the AFL care about the impact on other teams when they make trades? No they take the best offer for their team.

Why should any team take a lesser offer? If Dublin and Mexico offer us more for our players then obviously we should take those deals as they make our team better for the short term and the long term.

If we took offers from other teams we would have no chance at all and should give up because we would not have moved from 14th to 7th last year and would not potentially improve next year.

Maybe you flowerers just all win and I will leave the comp.

I'm sick of the shower here and have better things to do.

Its meant to be a fun competition to do in some spare time (which I barely have had any in the last 3-4 months) but it starting to get personal and I've just about had enough.

DazBurg

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 17, 2015, 06:10:13 PM
Do teams in the AFL care about the impact on other teams when they make trades? No they take the best offer for their team.

Why should any team take a lesser offer? If Dublin and Mexico offer us more for our players then obviously we should take those deals as they make our team better for the short term and the long term.

If we took offers from other teams we would have no chance at all and should give up because we would not have moved from 14th to 7th last year and would not potentially improve next year.

Its meant to be a fun competition to do in some spare time (which I barely have had any in the last 3-4 months) but it starting to get personal and I've just about had enough.

same question to you AK did my post fool ya or did you catch it?.....tell the truth i got ya didn't i? :P...lol

Ricochet

I think you boys are just letting it get to you a little to easily tbh. I haven't seen anything personal (unless I missed it)

AaronKirk

Quote from: DazBurg on September 17, 2015, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on September 17, 2015, 06:10:13 PM

same question to you AK did my post fool ya or did you catch it?.....tell the truth i got ya didn't i? :P...lol

Yeah I got it. I have nothing against PNL at all.

My Chumps

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2015, 06:14:58 PM
I think you boys are just letting it get to you a little to easily tbh. I haven't seen anything personal (unless I missed it)
Most blokes are just discussing the trades that have been made, and also talking about the differentiation in tactics between them and the strategy RD and AK have adopted. Nothing real personal IMO. You don't even have to defend the shower you do if you don't want to :P

Memphistopheles

I think New York have done a great job with their trades so far since RD and AK took over.

Bar the one that Cape Town will probably claim as our greatest trade of all time :D :P

Though no-one saw the Blicavs break-out coming like it did (I actually targeted him as I thought he'd get def and be a handy B/R this year which didn't eventuate).

I did know that Lang was going to be a good player for the Cats though and I had my suspicions that Jamie Bennell wouldn't be best 22 for the Eagles this year.

GoLions

NY no chance for top 4. RD/AK, I'll bet you 2.5 Nigeys (won from Rocky being goat, pay up Jay you flower ;) ), that Cairo not only beats you H2H this year, but finishes above you on the ladder as well.

#NoLibbaNoNY

Memphistopheles

Quote from: GoLions on September 17, 2015, 06:37:58 PM
NY no chance for top 4. RD/AK, I'll bet you 2.5 Nigeys (won from Rocky being goat, pay up Jay you flower ;) ), that Cairo not only beats you H2H this year, but finishes above you on the ladder as well.

#NoLibbaNoNY

They had no Libba this year and did all right...

AaronKirk

#NoLibbaNoNY

We had injuries to Libba, Duncan and Bennell was in and out of our side all year - 3 starting mids and we still made the 8.

I think we are going allright  ;)

Adamant

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 17, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

#NoLibbaNoNY

They had no Libba this year and did all right...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: My Chumps on September 17, 2015, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2015, 06:14:58 PM
Most blokes are just discussing the trades that have been made, and also talking about the differentiation in tactics between them and the strategy RD and AK have adopted. Nothing real personal IMO. You don't even have to defend the shower you do if you don't want to :P

This is the problem though, people are not "discussing" our trades or having a conversation around our tactics and what we have done - they are giving us shower about our trades and giving us shower about our tactics, implying that we are morons for dealing with Dublin and Mexico and trading the players we have

So much focus is on WHO we are trading out and WHO we are trading with, but not WHO we are bringing in and how our team looks and where it has come from in the space of 12 months

I've been around for a long time now, and I have NEVER got stuck into anyone or any team for who and how they trade. Not once. I will chime in with my comments if I don't think a deal is fair (only after it has already been negged) and even then I will give my unbiased opinion clearly on the value of the players involved, NOT the coaches and their strategies

Anyone should be able to trade who they want and with who they want, without being slammed and jabbed at

D: Shaw, T.McDonald, Gibson, Houli (Fisher, SDT, Buckley)
M: Mundy, Lewis, Macrae, Montagna (Rosa, Cockatoo, Boston, Hocking, Harmes, Sexton)
R: Vardy (Pyke, Griffin)
F: JJK, Tippett, Walker, Waite (Cloke, White, Menzel, Fantasia)
U: Duncan, Grigg

Say whatever you want about us, but I'm proud of that team, the deals we do and how we conduct ourselves with the rest of you when discussing trades

Hellopplz

Looks like getting in a ruck could be the next step ;). Have held PNL back a bit this year when Lobbe + Back up rucks were eh :(.

And no hashtag will ever replace #NoMummyNoCairo :'(.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 17, 2015, 06:53:59 PM
And no hashtag will ever replace #NoMummyNoCairo :'(.
I'm not even mad.

JBs-Hawks

If we don't like banter, Exv is the place for you :P

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 17, 2015, 06:59:07 PM
If we don't like banter, Exv is the place for you :P

Not when the mighty Hungary is up and running