WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

For the rest of trade period I should probably stop myself from being baited to make angry comments ha.....

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 16, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 16, 2015, 06:19:32 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2015, 06:13:35 PM
Mate, since RD's explanation I don't think anyone is accusing you of poaching...
This. It's just a shower trade lol.

Explain rationally how it is a shower trade and not fair?

I think that when I posted the trade in the confirmation thread, I gave a pretty honest description of how this deal is balanced and fair to both teams.

Unfortunately, the reality is that some coaches over and or under rate players and picks, so all we can do is try to put together deals that we believe are balanced and fair to both teams involved. If someone thinks that Pick 12 is not worth much, we cant do much to change their mind. I personally rate any 1st round pick as being very valuable, just like it is in the AFL but that's just me (and hopefully many other coaches here)

The same can be said about Tex and even KK. I see Tex as a forward capable of averaging 80-90. He was amazing on the weekend but I don't take that into his overall value in a sense that it inflates his value because at the end of the day in terms of supercoach he will average 80-90. KK on the other hand averaged 90 as a defender at 20 years of age. I personally think he can only get better so of course to me he is worth more than Houli.

Again, people see and rate players/picks differently so all we can do at the end of the day is try to work on a deal with another team that we believe is fair and beneficial to both parties involved, and then just hope our fellow coaches are capable of seeing the same

Jroo

Been a bit of interest in Allen Christensen and he could be on the move soon, so if you're keen let me know ASAP

upthemaidens

It's a good trade for New York.  ::)

The real question here is why would Rio do it? they have no forward line and trade out Tex.
     Forget whether NY think it's fair or not(of course they will defend it, they are winning).  It doesn't improve Rio and makes no sense.

Giving Houli for KK is basically fair.  Why would he be giving up Tex in the process? Because KK is from GC, is that reason enough to pay overs?
    It doesn't help team balance, which doesn't help Rio, which is not good for the Comp.

Purple 77

Oh, that warning wasn't direct at New York btw. Saying that, just in case it looked like it.

Purple 77

Ah why not, let Round 3 commence!

I have a deal for Treloar that I will probably do, but don't care if I don't kind of thing.

I need to retain some mid firepower if I were to trade him, whilst getting a starter in another position. Caution, I will be picky. But yeah, go nuts at the same time.

Jroo

KK is worth a bit more than Houli, so it's not just Tex for Tom Lamb + Luke Lowden + Nat 12...

Jay

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 16, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 16, 2015, 06:19:32 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2015, 06:13:35 PM
Mate, since RD's explanation I don't think anyone is accusing you of poaching...
This. It's just a shower trade lol.

Explain rationally how it is a shower trade and not fair?
Because KK for Houli is a fair straight swap (KK is younger, but Houli has the track record) and then you're basically trading a snickers bar and a bowl of weet-bix for Taylor Walker... You can't just say "Lamb and pick 12 will be guns" they haven't shown enough to prove that yet, and the precedent was set in the trade votes last week when it comes to trading young guys with potential for more solid players. Young guys who have actually played games like Stanley and Sam Day got labelled as spuds, so why should Lamb, Lowden and pick 12 hold any value?

kilbluff1985

you guys are crazy complaining about this trade Tex has only had 1 season over 82 average that was 2012 nat 12 is fair for him seriously you guys

upthemaidens

Quote from: JROO8 on September 16, 2015, 07:23:41 PM
KK is worth a bit more than Houli, so it's not just Tex for Tom Lamb + Luke Lowden + Nat 12...
Forget whether it's fair or not...  How does trading Tex help Rio? Are they going to play Lamb at F2 next season  ::)

AaronKirk

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 16, 2015, 07:45:18 PM
Forget whether it's fair or not...  How does trading Tex help Rio? Are they going to play Lamb at F2 next season  ::)

They could well have other trades lined up to get forwards. Who knows  ???

meow meow

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 16, 2015, 07:55:23 PM

Why do you guys think I am collecting so many forwards? Levi, should we just announce the GAJ trade now or wait a little longer? It might put people's minds at ease if they know you've already got plenty of forwards.

upthemaidens

They might, but the comp can't sit by allowing a team to run itself into the ground.
    Rio should probably be doing those getting "Forwards in" trades first, before trading out Forwards.  Since votes will be based off current squads.

Trades can be blocked for more reasons than whether it's fair or not.  Clubs getting too strong or Clubs getting too weak.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: meow meow on September 16, 2015, 08:01:01 PM

M
Why do you guys think I am collecting so many forwards? Levi, should we just announce the GAJ trade now or wait a little longer? It might put people's minds at ease if they know you've already got plenty of forwards.

Not sure if being serious or talking shower. Haha

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 16, 2015, 04:48:51 PM
We passed your trade for Tex, but I don't think you can compare it to this trade. A first round draft pick and a proven gun kid in KK plus Lamb is much more better than Mav Weller and Sam Gray.
Negging cause grammar bad

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 16, 2015, 06:10:23 PM
And on top of that we cop more shower about our the trade. We cop more shower than any other team.
inb4 holz