Vinny

kilbluff1985

no wonder u lost the GF with those chokers holz

Holz

Quote from: JROO8 on September 15, 2015, 05:28:36 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2015, 05:18:21 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 05:12:55 PM

Clearly 2 championships with 4 top 3 finishes is nothing to worry about when it comes to dominance.

You're your own worst enemy Holz. If you were quiet around here for the most part like JROO is than you wouldn't have problems with your trades. The reality is, people take the coaches into consideration when casting votes and can't separate the coaches from the trades, and despite what anyone thinks that's fact, unfortunately

I know that, its why i don't like non impartial voting. i like being vocal and having fun, banter is the best bit of the comp.

if i just sat there did my trades and posted my team up each week i probably would have a stronger team. But where would the fun in that be.

I can make calls that will further annoy people, like Im clearly handicapped and still can compete.
Haha dw love your work Holz  :P

I don't have to come on here and convince the other coaches that my trades are fair because they actually are. Should've kept Sandi and Gibbs, ruck values seem to have gone up heaps this trade period while Rocky done nothing til finals  :P

and here is the truth :P

I don't have to come on here and convince the other coaches that my trades are fair because they aren't. However they mean Dublin has less of a chance of winning so people like that.

I really dont understand why people have an issue with me ;)

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 15, 2015, 05:33:59 PM
no wonder u lost the GF with those chokers holz

I forgot my boy rance.

wouldnt say chockers they just came up against a superior team on the weekend. They were playing Goldy, how do you possibly stand a chance against that monster. Only London could do that.

Purple 77

All coaches are in!

First of all, regarding the already decided trades:

Votes are out of 17 (not me)

Trade 2 (0 votes)
New Delhi trade: Zachary Williams + Michael Apeness
PNL trade: Daniel Rich + Craig Moller

Trade 3 (1 vote)
Pacific trade: Jack Martin + Jeremy Howe
New Delhi trade: Andrew Gaff, Sam Darley + Pick 40

Trade 4 (0 votes)
New York trade: Hayden Crozier
PNL trade: Jonathan Griffin

Trade 6 (1 vote)
Cairo trade: Luke Breust + Connor Blakely
Christchurch trade: Dylan Roberton

Trade 7 (0 votes)
New Delhi trade: Cameron Giles, Lincoln McCarthy + Pick 58
Cape Town trade: Brant Colledge + Pick 47

Trade 8 (0 votes)
Christchurch trade: Pick 17
Seoul trade: Jordan Roughead + Pick 46

Trade 9 (0 votes)
Buenos Aires trade: Nathan Wilson + Pick 31
Christchurch trade: Joshua Green + Pick 37

Trade 10 (1 vote)
New Delhi Trade: Tom Nicholls, Daniel Gorringe, Keegan Brooksby + Pick 22
Buenos Aires Trade: Mitch Wallis, Matt Crouch + Pick 59

Trade 11 (13 votes)
Pacific trade: Rhys Stanley + Sam Day
Rio de Janeiro trade: Stephen Hill, Andrew Mackie + Pick 43

Trade 12 (0 votes)
New Delhi trade: Viv Michie
Pacific trade: Tomas Bugg

Trade 13 (0 votes)
Christchurch trade: Luke Shuey, Pick 55 + Pick 73
London trade: Jarrad McVeigh + Will Hoskin-Elliott

Trade 15 (1 vote)
Pacific trade: Jack Redden, Jarryd Blair + Pick 51
Tokyo trade: Steven Motlop, Matt Suckling, Pick 48 + Pick 66

Trade 16 (15 votes)
Dublin trade: Todd Goldstein, Jobe Watson, Jason Holmes, Daniel Currie + Majak Daw
Rio de Janeiro trade: Sam Jacobs, Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Taylor Garner + Tom Read

Trade 18 (1 vote)
New York trade: Harley Bennell, Paul Duffield + Mark Whiley
Mexico trade: Jordan Lewis, Shaun Grigg + Scott D Thompson

Trade 19 (0 votes)
PNL trade: Conor McKenna
Christchurch trade: Matthew Buntine

Trade 20 (0 votes)
Buenos Aires trade: Pick 23
New York trade: Jed Adcock

Trade 21 (0 votes)
New York trade: Alex Browne
Dublin trade: Pick 54

Trade 22 (0 votes)
New Delhi trade: Robbie Warnock
PNL trade: David Myers + Luke Delaney

Trade 23 (0 votes)
Toronto trade: Jamie MacMillan, Lachlan Henderson + Bradley Hill
Berlin trade: Marco Paparone, Jack Watts + Jarryn Geary

Now, the 4 trades in dispute:

Trade 1 (5 votes)
Dublin trade: David Mundy, Tom McDonald, Andrew Boston + Pick 38
New York trade: Tom Liberatore, Steve Johnson, Heath Grundy + Pick 32

Coaches comments: All say Dublin win by too much. Ranging from doubts over Tom McDonald's ability to back it up, Mundy=Liberatore's scoring power, Steve Johnson looking to be a good forward etc

Admin comments: This one is interesting, and I have thought about it a lot since it was first put up. No one is focusing on Boston, Grundy and the picks and neither will I. To me, I see an equivalent exchange in mid scoring power, but a gain in age for New York. I also see a KPP exchange from defence to forward, with scoring power somewhat similar, and a gain in age for Dublin.  Although you could mount an argument that TMac won't keep it up, I think having shown no signs that he won't makes it an unfair argument. As such, he should attract a high premium, one Liberatore similarly has in the midfield. I reckon I won't stand in the way of this one.

Verdict: PASS

Trade 5
Cairo trade: Dion Prestia, Brodie Smith, Pick 4 + Pick 24
Cape Town trade: Shaun Higgins, Trent Cotchin, Nicholas O'Brien, Pick 9 + Pick 29

Only ended up having the two votes against, as the last coach approved of it. So nothing I say changes anything.

Verdict: PASS

Trade 14 (5 votes)
Beijing trade: Sam Gray, Maverick Weller, Phil Davis + Pick 62
Rio de Janeiro trade: Taylor Walker + Pick 25

Coaches comments: 2 irrelevant scorers and one that showed potential, but is still an unknown is an unfair exchange for one proven gun forward in Taylor Walker. Rio is losing by too much.

Admin comments: I've been thinking long and hard about this one. What I see here, is that there is a 23 year old midfielder in Maverick Weller, whom plays a role for St Kilda unfriendly to SC role, whom has also come off a career best SC season of 71.6. Phil Davis similarly plays a role that limits his SC output, and although may be a handy depth defender, has returned a career best average of 72.3 in 2012. Along with this is Pick 62, which bears little value. I think these 3 components are worth a little more than Pick 25. Sam Gray had an outstanding finish to the season, where he averaged 111 from the last 6 games. However, judging from the FF stats and game-day comments, he played primarily in the midfield bereft of Wines & Polec. However, I see him valued at his current season average... but has a midfielder. As such, I feel that is of no comparison to the value that a star forward in Taylor Walker holds.

Verdict: REJECTED

Recommendation: If both parties wanted to re-negotiate, with my and the coaches comments in mind, I encourage Beijing to scrap either Weller or Davis or both, and replace them with a player/pick with more meaningful value.

Trade 17
New York trade: Sharrod Wellingham
New Delhi trade: Jesse White + James Harmes

Similar to that other trade, ended up having just the 2 votes so doesn't matter what I say here.

Verdict: PASSED

Memphistopheles

Welcome Prestia and Smith!

Sad to see Cotchin and Higgins go and we wish them and NOB all the best.

Very excited to have a top 4 pick now - I love the draft :)

Jay

Only 1 vote against the Wallis trade (not that I negged it) but 13 against our Stephen Hill one? :o

They're basically the same trade... Except that it's a bottom 4 side getting the good mid and not a top 8 one  :-X

Toga

Thanks for the comments Purps. Would just like to point out that the speculation is that Mav Weller will pick up Fwd status next year, making him a 72.3 avg M/F which makes him more valuable than otherwise - keeping in mind that his 2015 average is then only 12ppg less than Tex.

Lev and I will go ahead and figure out a way to fix it up anyhow :)

Ringo

I strongly doubt Weller will get DPP looking at this heat map.

https://gyazo.com/4646ebe460bbbfd6d9bcb8fd50d97dd0

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2015, 07:55:13 PM
Only 1 vote against the Wallis trade (not that I negged it) but 13 against our Stephen Hill one? :o

They're basically the same trade... Except that it's a bottom 4 side getting the good mid and not a top 8 one  :-X

Nicholls is the number 1 ruck at his club easy though.

Purple 77

Updated spreadsheet for those that use it.

Also included a draft order sheet, which can be found near the bottom of the spreadsheet.

WXV Current Lists

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2015, 07:55:13 PM

Nicholls is the number 1 ruck at his club easy though.

^^
you cannot say stanley is anywhere near as good as nicholls

Holz

15 rejects would have to be a record wouldnt it.

I love how 5 coaches said i was winning the libba trade.

i expect the same number on my jroo murphy deal despite a clear loss.

I need to restructure my team and the only way i can do it is to do trades that i think im losing. the goldy trade wasnt that but libba and jroo murphy are.

probably wont be doing many other trades as my team is balanced now and i dont feel any trade which i think is even will pass.

Purple 77

Draft Order, Player Lists and caps updated below:

WXV Player Lists & Draft Order