WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

RaisyDaisy

Extremely frustrating, time wasting and even disrespectful when a coach seems to only reply 1 out of 3 times, then half way through trade talks just posts up a confirmed trade with another team.  >:(

Don't expect that sort of rubbish in Worlds

meow meow

GoLions

Almost as disrespectful as trading Jed for a 2nd rounder if you ask me

Nige

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 15, 2015, 02:36:08 PM
Oh he mad

if the libba trade goes down this could get interesting.

Im actually happy my Goldy trade went down, Ill keep the best player in the comp happily. but libba we worked a very long time on and i reckon if anything i might be overpaying.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 15, 2015, 02:45:20 PM
Oh he mad

Im actually happy my Goldy trade went down, Ill keep the best player in the comp happily. but libba we worked a very long time on and i reckon if anything i might be overpaying.

Of course you are. I dunno how Dublin are so good since you lose every trade. Such a selfless trader, giving up all your guns and getting nothing but spuds in return. Inspirational stuff.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 15, 2015, 02:48:05 PM
Oh he mad

Of course you are. I dunno how Dublin are so good since you lose every trade. Such a selfless trader, giving up all your guns and getting nothing but spuds in return. Inspirational stuff.

I said overpay that might be very very marginal. We all know its going to come back Dublin is gaining too much. I have been told by about 3-4 different coaches that I need to lose the deal for it to pass. You can lose the deal on paper and still improve your squad by the way. I think im doing that in the Jroo Murphy deal, however Jroo just perfectly fits my structure so it improves my team.

half the time im just getting lucky.

In the Fyfe Buddy deal I would have got massacred if Tom Mcdonald didnt  come out of knowhere.

Interesting enough I chased Jroo hard a few years back and was forced to settle for Robbie Gray (very very lucky that happend)

Even Boak picked him up as a 90 average mid then he exploded to 106 the year after.

I didnt predict this things i thought they all had upside but they exceded my expectations. I predicted gray as a 95 forward, Boak a 95-100 mid and tmac a solid 80s guy.

meow meow

Matthew Boyd possibly on the move. His name has come up in talks with two clubs (my doing) while a further two have enquired about his services.

RaisyDaisy

Oh he mad

Just venting a little, and I think this instance warranted it. I've spoken to the coach personally - I just think its nice to let other coaches who were enquiring about a player know that you are trading them to another team before going with the trade. All good :)

Quote from: GoLions on September 15, 2015, 02:37:14 PM
Almost as disrespectful as trading Jed for a 2nd rounder if you ask me

At least we value Jed more than your Lions do :P

but libba we worked a very long time on and i reckon if anything i might be overpaying.

You've mentioned this once or twice now. I don't see how you are overpaying. Libba and TMac are the young guns, Mundy over Stevie J balances out the points difference between Libba and TMac and Grundy isn't a mug - best 22 player who is good cover. Anyway, we just have to wait and see what the coaches vote  :-X

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2015, 03:17:07 PM

You've mentioned this once or twice now. I don't see how you are overpaying. Libba and TMac are the young guns, Mundy over Stevie J balances out the points difference between Libba and TMac and Grundy isn't a mug - best 22 player who is good cover. Anyway, we just have to wait and see what the coaches vote  :-X

yeah its a fair deal that helps both coaches. Dont be suprised to see 5-6 coaches say im winning by too much somehow. Dont worry there is no way a Dublin trade will get reject from me winning too much.

RaisyDaisy

Come on PNL - Hurry up already :P

meow meow

Pacific trade: Jack Martin + Jeremy Howe
New Delhi trade: Andrew Gaff, Sam Darley + Pick 40

Darley delisted.

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on September 15, 2015, 04:01:49 PM
Pacific trade: Jack Martin + Jeremy Howe
New Delhi trade: Andrew Gaff, Sam Darley + Pick 40

Darley delisted.
Damn, hopefully he gets picked up by another Club.

Ricochet

wow didn't expect that. Or McDonough either