WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 14, 2015, 05:34:00 PM
out of interest what do people think Goldy is worth.

would really love to see what a fair deal in peoples books is?

Honestly would really like to see what it would be. Will help me to see what people think a fair trade is so i can work on it for the future.

Talk about Holmes as much as you like but Garner was an under 18 AA and first round pick. He's showing his talent now, and is worth as much as the yank.

The other spud rucks don't matter. I gave you Daw for next to nothing last year because that's what he's worth.

Goldy >> Sauce - about 20 points value difference (if Todd can keep it up)
Watson < Murphy - about 10 points value difference

JROO 90 average. Include a forward or back who is valued around 80 and it's dead even. Giving up nothing is too much of a steal.

Even if you wanted to use the captaincy point as an arguement it wouldn't work. Goldy 250 vs Sauce 220. Watson to Murphy puts it back to a 20 ppg difference. You'd still have to give up a 70 ave def or fwd, or 80 ave mid for the JRoo part to even things up. But I disregarded the captaincy point since Rio already have GAJ.

Memphistopheles

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 14, 2015, 06:49:30 PM

Honestly would really like to see what it would be. Will help me to see what people think a fair trade is so i can work on it for the future.

Talk about Holmes as much as you like but Garner was an under 18 AA and first round pick. He's showing his talent now, and is worth as much as the yank.

The other spud rucks don't matter. I gave you Daw for next to nothing last year because that's what he's worth.

JROO 90 average. Include a forward or back who is valued around 80 and it's dead even. Giving up nothing is too much of a steal.

Even if you wanted to use the captaincy point as an arguement it wouldn't work. Goldy 250 vs Sauce 220. Watson to Murphy puts it back to a 20 ppg difference. You'd still have to give up a 70 ave def or fwd, or 80 ave mid for the JRoo part to even things up. But I disregarded the captaincy point since Rio already have GAJ.

So if I were to add Bruce a 70 average forward with upside what would you say.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on September 14, 2015, 07:56:06 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 14, 2015, 06:49:30 PM

So if I were to add Bruce a 70 average forward with upside what would you say.

I'd say Green light. It's not the 90 fwd down to 80 fwd but the age difference makes up for that. I'd say it would be perfect.

upthemaidens

Rio starting forward line:-  T.Walker, JRoo, Wright, Chapman
   Tex has already been traded and Chappy has retired.  So how does trading out JRoo help Rio?

Why don't you just remove JRoo from the trade?  Rio could replace him by adding a 2nd round pick instead.  That would also make it even.. Wouldn't it?   ;)

Hellopplz

Quote from: DazBurg on September 14, 2015, 06:10:42 PM
waiting for Dom to discuss trades and 2 decided before we even get started

maybe if we wait for the rest res tto vote then we won't have to decide anything :P

(i know we still have to vote either way just saying we may not have a deciding vote etc)
I'm here now, but hey, less work for us to do now ;).

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
   Tex has already been traded and Chappy has retired.  So how does trading out JRoo help Rio?

Why don't you just remove JRoo from the trade?  Rio could replace him by adding a 2nd round pick instead.  That would also make it even.. Wouldn't it?   ;)

Rio's trading is... interesting. Sauce to Todd gains them 20 points (maybe) but losing JRoo and having to play... umm... Max Duffy? up forward doesn't seem like a solid idea IMO. Downgrading MMurphy to Watson in the process makes it even more perplexing.

Same with Mackie. Gave up pick 10 for him last year, trade him out this year for Day. Would they have given up pick 10 for Day last year? Who knows.

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on September 14, 2015, 08:30:27 PM

Rio's trading is... interesting. Sauce to Todd gains them 20 points (maybe) but losing JRoo and having to play... umm... Max Duffy? up forward doesn't seem like a solid idea IMO. Downgrading MMurphy to Watson in the process makes it even more perplexing.

Same with Mackie. Gave up pick 10 for him last year, trade him out this year for Day. Would they have given up pick 10 for Day last year? Who knows.
Mackie is worth less now then he was last year. One season is equal to 33% of his remaining career.

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2015, 08:39:59 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 14, 2015, 08:30:27 PM

Mackie is worth less now then he was last year. One season is equal to 33% of his remaining career.

I guess. Gone from being worth pick 10 to pick 15 in a year. Just seems like an odd strategy to me, but it's not my team so I'll shh.

meow meow

Zorko available again  :-\

Purple 77

Just want to remind everyone:

That if a deal is posted up, and you think it will fail, or even if it won't, that it is not a great look to be making offers for players involved in a pending trade. I won't say its against the rules, as I can't stop it, but I would say such conduct is "against the spirit of the game".

Purple 77

Just one more coach to go...

But I can say with certainty the following trades are passed:

Trade 2
New Delhi trade: Zachary Williams + Michael Apeness
PNL trade: Daniel Rich + Craig Moller

Trade 3
Pacific trade: Jack Martin + Jeremy Howe
New Delhi trade: Andrew Gaff, Sam Darley + Pick 40

Trade 4
New York trade: Hayden Crozier
PNL trade: Jonathan Griffin

Trade 6
Cairo trade: Luke Breust + Connor Blakely
Christchurch trade: Dylan Roberton

Trade 7
New Delhi trade: Cameron Giles, Lincoln McCarthy + Pick 58
Cape Town trade: Brant Colledge + Pick 47

Trade 8
Christchurch trade: Pick 17
Seoul trade: Jordan Roughead + Pick 46

Trade 9
Buenos Aires trade: Nathan Wilson + Pick 31
Christchurch trade: Joshua Green + Pick 37

Trade 10
New Delhi Trade: Tom Nicholls, Daniel Gorringe, Keegan Brooksby + Pick 22
Buenos Aires Trade: Mitch Wallis, Matt Crouch + Pick 59

Trade 12
New Delhi trade: Viv Michie
Pacific trade: Tomas Bugg

Trade 13
Christchurch trade: Luke Shuey, Pick 55 + Pick 73
London trade: Jarrad McVeigh + Will Hoskin-Elliott

Trade 15
Pacific trade: Jack Redden, Jarryd Blair + Pick 51
Tokyo trade: Steven Motlop, Matt Suckling, Pick 48 + Pick 66

Trade 18
New York trade: Harley Bennell, Paul Duffield + Mark Whiley
Mexico trade: Jordan Lewis, Shaun Grigg + Scott D Thompson

Trade 19
PNL trade: Conor McKenna
Christchurch trade: Matthew Buntine

Trade 20
Dillos trade: Pick 23
New York trade: Jed Adcock

Trade 21
New York trade: Alex Browne
Dublin trade: Pick 54

Trade 22
New Delhi trade: Robbie Warnock
PNL trade: David Myers + Luke Delaney

Trade 23
Toronto trade: Jamie MacMillan, Lachlan Henderson + Bradley Hill
Berlin trade: Marco Paparone, Jack Watts + Jarryn Geary

Purple 77

Probably just easier to see the OP in the Trade Confirmation Thread :P

GoLions

Out of curiosity, if 6 coaches say a trade favours Team A, 6 coaches say a trade favours Team B, and 4 coaches say the trade is even, does it pass? Dunno if this has been brought up yet but on my phone so ceebs searching.

I would've thought it would though fwiw.