WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Stanley as a ruck means nothing though as Levi just traded in the entire kangas ruck line
Plus originally Jacobs never missed games

upthemaidens

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 12, 2015, 10:21:06 PM
Stanley as a ruck means nothing though as Levi just traded in the entire kangas ruck line
Our trade came first...    Stanley as a Ruck means something to someone who needs a Ruckman.
  Not sure what the Jacobs comment means?

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 12, 2015, 10:27:22 PM
Our trade came first...    Stanley as a Ruck means something to someone who needs a Ruckman.

Pretty sure that he means that Jacobs never misses games so Levi is just trading in Stanley who'll have to play as a Utility if he's going to get a game for Rio. Basically swapping a 95 util for a player who averages 20 point less.

Levi434

At least I will win Elxam for Worst Trader  ;D

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on September 12, 2015, 10:48:08 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on September 12, 2015, 10:27:22 PM

Pretty sure that he means that Jacobs never misses games so Levi is just trading in Stanley who'll have to play as a Utility if he's going to get a game for Rio. Basically swapping a 95 util for a player who averages 20 point less.
Oh I see.  Well I don't know what the future trading plans of Rio is.  Maybe they wanted to secure a Ruck before trading Jacobs.
    Maybe he plans to play Stanley in the Forward line since he'll probably be dpp and also have a back up to Jacobs.  Would that be unreasonable?

Any deal he does after ours should not influence our trade.  It may influence ones he does after, but not before.

Hellopplz

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 12, 2015, 11:53:11 PM
Any deal he does after ours should not influence our trade.  It may influence ones he does after, but not before.
Agree with them there, as Levi was trading based on his team, and they were trying to work for their team, can't control Levi. So on your side for this part of the argument ;).

RaisyDaisy

I think the problem most of us are having is that Hill and Mackie are proven. They are both starters in nearly every team, where as Stanley and May's value is purely based around speculation and hope

Stanley had 1 good score. 1., and because he was playing in the ruck his value has been inflated big time. As meow said, Vardy wasn't around then and everyone knows how much Geelong love Vardy. He is best 22 every day of the week.

As for Day, come on. He is a KPP player who will never average more than 65

Stanley and Day might be important players for their clubs, but this is a SC based comp and they're borderline potatoes while Hill and Mackie are not

Stanley for Hill is fine, and your explanation makes sense. Stanley being a ruck and DPP but averaging less than Hill who is a 90 mid is ok I guess. Mackie for Day is not, especially as Mackie has signed on for 2 more years

I think if you just gave Rio something else on top, it would be fine. How you managed to get Levi to give you the extra something (pick) is amazing lol

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 13, 2015, 08:53:33 AM
I think the problem most of us are having is that Hill and Mackie are proven. They are both starters in nearly every team, where as Stanley and May's value is purely based around speculation and hope

Stanley had 1 good score. 1., and because he was playing in the ruck his value has been inflated big time. As meow said, Vardy wasn't around then and everyone knows how much Geelong love Vardy. He is best 22 every day of the week.

As for Day, come on. He is a KPP player who will never average more than 65

I think if you just gave Rio something else on top, it would be fine. How you managed to get Levi to give you the extra something (pick) is amazing lol

Purple 77

While I'm reminded, if anyone wanted another feature on the spreadsheet for when I update it after Week 1's trades, let me know here :)

Holz

I think every trade you could anslyse to show that one team is beating the other.

Its all projections.

Saying they have faith in Vardy is fair. But he is super injury prone. Plus a Vardy Stanley combo could work anyway. They have faith in Stanley too.

Blicavs isn't a ruck they could easily just play him pure mid.

Hill has a Sc cieling. He just isnt a big enough ball winner. 90-95 is about his range. Freo top team and only 95 as thry slip he could too

Day has talent and Dixon leaving is big for him. Who knows when gc get it together and he is the main or second target.

Has the gane to go 75+ guys like him take time

Mackie is good but not long left.

In a year or two it could be a very average mid (Hill)

For a very solid f3-4 and the starting ruck of a finals squad

DazBurg

:O
Purps trading out watts
didn't think i'd see him give up one of his demons

surely you go out of your way to secure another demon now?...lol

JBs-Hawks

Well he knows where to come to get Salem  :P

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on September 13, 2015, 03:54:27 PM
Purps trading out watts

Don't laugh about that. It just might happen :x

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 13, 2015, 04:07:39 PM

:'(

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 13, 2015, 04:17:40 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 13, 2015, 03:54:27 PM
Purps trading out watts

Don't laugh about that. It just might happen :x

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 13, 2015, 04:07:39 PM

:'(

which demon will it be?

who's jumped number will it stop on?...lol

Purple 77

Knowing my luck, it would be number 5 ::)

And hey, the cheek! :P