WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Before the vote happens, I would just like to mention some info regarding the R.Stanley+Day for Hill+Mackie trade, which some had issues with.

Stanley only averaged 73, but he was subbed out in one game for only 2 points.  In another game he scored 135, but didn't play the 4th quarter.(both due to injury)

...So really it's a 80+avg. Ruck for a 95avg. Mid. 

Mackie is 31yo and at the time of confirming the deal, we did not know he was going to sign a new 2 year deal.
    He could have just as easily retired or only play one more season(so there was risk involved)

Sam Day is 8 years younger with plenty of upside. Also a chance to get D/F dpp.

DazBurg

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 12, 2015, 06:03:33 PM
Before the vote happens, I would just like to mention some info regarding the R.Stanley+Day for Hill+Mackie trade, which some had issues with.

Stanley only averaged 73, but he was subbed out in one game for only 2 points.  In another game he scored 135, but didn't play the 4th quarter.(both due to injury)

Mackie is 31yo and at the time of confirming the deal, we did not know he was going to sign a new 2 year deal.
    He could have just as easily retired or only play one more season(so there was risk involved)

mate like i said i won't neg it as i believe the coaches know what they are doing

but calling stanley a 80 ave player is a strech
yeah had that one good game also may have been subbed out at 2

but has only gone 80+ 16/66 games in his career

now since we are talking aves i wouldn't be calling him an 80 ave player...lol

(not brining it up to get ppl to neg either just stanley is 1 player i have never rated and have no clue why cats bothered getting him and am quite happy to have it rubbed in my face if i am wrong but i highly doubt it he is a spud)

DazBurg

Quote from: DazBurg on September 10, 2015, 07:38:38 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2015, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 12:48:08 AM
Who is starting with TMac as one of their premos in their SC backline next year? Nobody!
Exactly

Sometimes I wish we could just get all coaches into the same building and we could pound every deal out for a few days. Imagine the bidding wars! And I feel like a lot of the trades that get raised here are showerty simply because a coach didn't realise what the rest of the league was willing to offer.

WXV's FF Chat trade Expo!!!!!!!
get it done ;)

there is a few WXV's coaches on get around it
http://ffelitechat.webs.com/

:P :P lol

meow meow

That'd be all well and good if Stanley was the clear #1 ruck at the Cats but their best set up is a Vardy and Blicavs combo. There is a chance that I could be wrong about that, and if other coaches have differing opinions to my own who am I to argue with them? For that reason I won't block the trade. I think it's a bad trade but if Stanley comes out and plays 20 games at an 85 average, and Day has a breakout year and lives up to his draft selection the trade would be perfect. I can't say for sure that that won't happen so I can't block it. Just like you clowns shouldn't have said Adams wasn't worth pick 5.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: meow meow on September 12, 2015, 06:34:54 PM

That'd be all well and good if Stanley was the clear #1 ruck at the Cats but their best set up is a Vardy and Blicavs combo. There is a chance that I could be wrong about that, and if other coaches have differing opinions to my own who am I to argue with them? For that reason I won't block the trade. I think it's a bad trade but if Stanley comes out and plays 20 games at an 85 average, and Day has a breakout year and lives up to his draft selection the trade would be perfect. I can't say for sure that that won't happen so I can't block it. Just like you clowns shouldn't have said Adams wasn't worth pick 5.

That trade is okay for me. Stanley has more potential to improve than Hill I think and Day has some scope too.

Memphistopheles

Does anyone want Adam Cooney?

Contracted for next year, not under WADA cloud and a mid/fwd.

Will take a kid with potential for him.

meow meow

upthemaidens

Quote from: DazBurg on September 12, 2015, 06:23:18 PM

mate like i said i won't neg it as i believe the coaches know what they are doing

but calling stanley a 80 ave player is a strech
yeah had that one good game also may have been subbed out at 2

but has only gone 80+ 16/66 games in his career

now since we are talking aves i wouldn't be calling him an 80 ave player...lol

(not brining it up to get ppl to neg either just stanley is 1 player i have never rated and have no clue why cats bothered getting him and am quite happy to have it rubbed in my face if i am wrong but i highly doubt it he is a spud)
He wasn't playing as a full time Ruck with the saints though.  It's hardly a stretch to call him an 80avg. player at all.
     This year he averaged over 80 if you remove the sub game, was also his first season with Geelong so should improve.

And Meow, Stanley is the #1 Ruck at Geelong. He didn't play the last half of the season because of injury.  Cats didn't trade him in to play VFL.

meow meow

You say Stanley didn't play the 2nd half of the season due to injury and I say Vardy didn't play the first half of the season because of injury. NV is their #1 in my books but the position is up for grabs. But really, they could play all 3 of Vardy, Blicavs and Stanley every week and probably will.

JBs-Hawks

That trade is worse then Holz's one

Nige

DazBurg

Quote from: DazBurg on September 12, 2015, 06:29:39 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 10, 2015, 07:38:38 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2015, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 12:48:08 AM
Who is starting with TMac as one of their premos in their SC backline next year? Nobody!
Exactly

Sometimes I wish we could just get all coaches into the same building and we could pound every deal out for a few days. Imagine the bidding wars! And I feel like a lot of the trades that get raised here are showerty simply because a coach didn't realise what the rest of the league was willing to offer.

get it done ;)

there is a few WXV's coaches on get around it
http://ffelitechat.webs.com/

:P :P lol

got Meow & Purps, Ringo's anmes there but seems AWOL..lol same as Torps

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 12, 2015, 07:06:35 PM
That trade is worse then Holz's one

Its true but even then it still probably worth passing

upthemaidens

upthemaidens

We are pricing Stanley as a 80+avg Ruck and that's what we are selling him as.
   Rio also feel that Stanley is a 80+avg Ruck and wish to purchase.  A 80+ Ruck is worth what? 90avg. Mid? 95avg. Mid?

We feel that Stanley is #1 Ruck at the Cats and will be a top Dozen or so Ruckman.  Hill is currently at his ceiling and is what? A top 50 Mid?
     Hill is barely in the top Dozen Mids in WA.  :)

The trade does make sense and is a fair deal.
    You may have a different opinion on Stanleys worth and that's fine, but the two Clubs involved see value in doing the trade.
   I mean why else would someone agree to a deal? they both must feel that the move helps their team.

The rest of the deal is 2 years of a 80-85avg. Def (which we got lucky that'll he'll play 2 years).
      For at worse 8 years of decent job security dpp depth from Sam Day.   Or Day breaks out and turns into a 80+ D/F dpp.

Speculation on a high draft pick in S.Day breaking out holds some risk(but if it didn't we wouldn't be trading him in the first place)