WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Adcock gone, and Browne most likely gone too

Getting a heap of interest for Lowden and Simpson. As I have said to all that have enquired, the best offers get them

Simpson actually provides us with ruck cover, so wont be given away as cheaply as the others

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 02:34:50 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 11, 2015, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 11:53:21 PM
Most controversial trade to date just put in :-X.

It would probably help if you give us more context as to how this deal isn't one sided. I'm not saying I would neg it, I just want to understand how Buntine for Connor is a fair trade. I get the point cap thing for Meow, but that doesn't mean you need to give players away

One sided which way?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks Buntine is much better than Connor? I wont neg it, but feel like PNL should be giving you a pick as well

Quote from: meow meow on September 11, 2015, 03:33:31 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 02:34:50 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 11, 2015, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 11:53:21 PM
Most controversial trade to date just put in :-X.

It would probably help if you give us more context as to how this deal isn't one sided. I'm not saying I would neg it, I just want to understand how Buntine for Connor is a fair trade. I get the point cap thing for Meow, but that doesn't mean you need to give players away

One sided which way?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks Buntine is much better than Connor? I wont neg it, but feel like PNL should be giving you a pick as well

I'm sure that Holz does too, and he offered me a fair deal but I couldn't do it because of the cap. I've shopped Buntine around a fair bit and nobody wanted him so it was either delist for nothing or trade for a player who I think could be amazing. I've seen enough of McKenna, even seen his first Australian football game ever vs the IAS squad that boasted Heeney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Pickett, Lamb and those boys. The things he did in that game gave me an indication of his value vs those guys. I had two PSD picks for a reason last year and had Mason Cox and McKenna in mind, but a gift named Aaron Vandenberg presented itself and I couldn't pass that up. I have liked McKenna before most people knew who he was and I am happy to swap Bunt for him. If this is the kind of trade that raises eyebrows then pretty much nothing should ever pass.

Plus if PNL added a pick it would just be one I wouldn't use anyway so what's the point? Only got 40 spots on the list and I can't even upgrade Harris Andrews unless I cut a guy like Wigg, who I took with pick #24 last year. Somebody, please take 2 of my players for one of yours in a fair deal.

^^
as meow says

secondly
people look at where they were drated way too much to try and obtain value
Butnine does have potential there is no disputing that hence why we want him
but the fact remains his almost 22 and still only managed a career high 11 games in his 4th season beating last years 7

mckenna is a 19 year old irish guy who already has had 2 games and in a club that is clearly going to be rebuilding and that fwdline is the worst for goalscorer so the fact he can find the goals gives him a massive boost towards playing regularly next season

yeah he wasn't a "high" draft pick but being international he doesn't need to be same as blicavs was a category B rookie

so in the end
it really boils down to both have potential MM likes him he offered it we liked and accepted so his getting a fwd (will get it)
and we getting what we need more defensive depth with our aging defenders

i can see how some think it is one sided our way but i can name 4 trades that raise my eye brows as well

but as i said the other night i think we have great coaches now and really don't need to go neg happy i'm more then happy to say right now i will be telling HP i want to Neg absolutely  0 moves atm
as i said every one rates players differently and it hink we are all smart enough to trust the current coaches in what they are doing

but then again i also trust the coaches for voting so if it boils down we need to rejig then can do that as well

endrant

JBs-Hawks

Trades should only be negged if they are going to negatively skew the competition. Nothing trades like this are fine no matter if it was buntine for dawson.

DazBurg

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 11, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Trades should only be negged if they are going to negatively skew the competition. Nothing trades like this are fine no matter if it was buntine for dawson.
exactly this guy gets it

Ricochet

meow meow

PNL, do you want Dawson?

Holz

No trades should be negged its disrespect to the coaches doing the trade. If your getting a trade rejected then thats a question mark on the coach losing the trade.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on September 11, 2015, 07:02:40 PM
No trades should be negged its disrespect to the coaches doing the trade. If your getting a trade rejected then thats a question mark on the coach losing the trade.

Tbh, I don't like the fact that we even vote on trades. I hear often how rules here should reflect
afl rules. Well other teams don't vote on trades in the AFL, and that's what the cap is for. If the cap does in fact change next year then I'd like to see coach voting removed with it personally.

All the coaches here in world's are capable, so if they come to terms on a deal with another team and both parties agree than that should be enough. Admin (Purps) would block blatantly tanking style trades but that wouldn't happen often anyway

RaisyDaisy

Oh, and Daz, all good man. I was just asking for a bit more information and meow provided it. All good :)

DazBurg

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 07:33:10 PM
Oh, and Daz, all good man. I was just asking for a bit more information and meow provided it. All good :)
yeah i know mate
but never hurts to hear both sides of the story ;)

plus was just another chance for me to basically say all coaches are capable like you said and i trust all know what they doing etc

RaisyDaisy

I want to suggest a thread idea

Fringe player bidding wars!

HP and Holz just sent back and forth PM's for Browne trying to outbid eachother and it was a lot of fun lol. I reckon it would be fun to have a thread were teams post their players they don't need at all and we just have bidding wars Haha

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 07:38:15 PM

HP and Holz just sent back and forth PM's for Browne trying to outbid eachother and it was a lot of fun lol. I reckon it would be fun to have a thread were teams post their players they don't need at all and we just have bidding wars Haha

I've wanted something like that for a very long time now lol

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 11, 2015, 07:54:01 PM

You're admin. Make it happen!

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 08:04:30 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 11, 2015, 07:54:01 PM

You're admin. Make it happen!

I just wonder if it's feasible is all.

Like, I envisage a thread, where e.g. Berlin puts up Mark Jamar up for auction, and then there would be I dunno, a week until the auction closes.

But I fear there would be a point where people will complicate things like offering Gary Ablett + Todd Goldstein FOR Fyfe + Jamar, and things would get messy to the point where it may as well be private trade talks.

Unless...

You put up a player, where you can receive nothing BUT draft pick offers?

But even then, the coach might not like the final offer and decline, which is anti-climatic, so I would push for it that you cannot withdraw the player if you put them up.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 11, 2015, 06:47:27 PM