WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Something which hasn't been considered widely is that Jobe Watson may have played his last game. A WADA ban now and I think that's it for Watson.

I know you can't trade based on that but, I sure as well wouldn't be trading him in (and you're smart for trying to trade him now before the WADA hearing Holz) with that hanging over his head when we should have an outcome in a few months.

Remove Watson from Holz' side and this deal goes from bad to an absolute stinker...

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 07:31:49 PM
Something which hasn't been considered widely is that Jobe Watson may have played his last game. A WADA ban now and I think that's it for Watson.

I know you can't trade based on that but, I sure as well wouldn't be trading him in (and you're smart for trying to trade him now before the WADA hearing Holz) with that hanging over his head when we should have an outcome in a few months.

Remove Watson from Holz' side and this deal goes from bad to an absolute stinker...

It is considered. Just like Murphy shoulder.

Have you considered that Watson has the ability to play forward like goddard and be a 100 forward?

If that happens Levi wins big

Boomz

Looking for a prem ruck, fwd and def. One of my young mids and Jack could move.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 07:49:28 PM

Have you considered that Watson has the ability to play forward like goddard and be a 100 forward?

So why not wait until do the trade now? Wait until after we know for sure from WADA on Nov 16.

The AFL National Draft isn't until Nov 27 so I'd assume our trade period will be open until after we know.

I will be telling MC not to pass trade as it stands until that happens sorry Holz.

meow meow

I've been reluctant to put him up for trade after the year he has had (77 ave) but I am putting Jamie Elliott on the table. Averaged 83 last year and I still rate him as that player. Very happy to keep him but he's attracted lots of interest so I may as well see what is offered

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 08:09:15 PM

So why not wait until do the trade now? Wait until after we know for sure from WADA on Nov 16.

The AFL National Draft isn't until Nov 27 so I'd assume our trade period will be open until after we know.

I will be telling MC not to pass trade as it stands until that happens sorry Holz.

thats ok, levi and i think the trade is fair.

Im not going to wait till then as i need to strucutre my team so everything is optimal. little tweak trades are needed after the big trades.

the forward call was more looking into the future. Guys are playing longer now days by moving onto the HBF or HFF.

If the essendon stuff gets all cleared up should Levi be forced to add more to his side?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 08:36:50 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 08:09:15 PM

thats ok, levi and i think the trade is fair.

Im not going to wait till then as i need to strucutre my team so everything is optimal. little tweak trades are needed after the big trades.

the forward call was more looking into the future. Guys are playing longer now days by moving onto the HBF or HFF.

If the essendon stuff gets all cleared up should Levi be forced to add more to his side?

You're not going to wait until then because if Watson gets banned he'll likely retire and be useless to you/have no currency.

No, if the Bombers get cleared then the trade becomes more viable.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 08:57:21 PM

You're not going to wait until then because if Watson gets banned he'll likely retire and be useless to you/have no currency.

No, if the Bombers get cleared then the trade becomes more viable.

thats a pretty big call.

4 years of doing my big trades early in the both Worlds and Euro sets a pretty good precedence.

im also trading in SJ before he annocunes if he will retire or not. We think he will go to another club but what if he doesnt. Thats a risk im willing to take.

upthemaidens

This is how good Holz is, even when Walker gets removed the trade is still being questioned.  :) 

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 10, 2015, 09:13:58 PM
This is how good Holz is, even when Walker gets removed the trade is still being questioned.  :)

im still waiting for someone who called walker a walk up starter to put in a big offer for him :P

Andrew Walker (When Holz is trading him in)

Andrew Walker (Now)

upthemaidens

Hey it's a good trade, put Walker back in it, don't crumble under the other Coaches pressure.  Why should you change it?

Vinny

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 10, 2015, 10:20:05 PM
Hey it's a good trade, put Walker back in it, don't crumble under the other Coaches pressure.  Why should you change it?
Not sure you understand how this works dude, the trade is voted on by the other coaches haha.

meow meow

Quote from: Vinny on September 10, 2015, 10:21:28 PM
Not sure you understand how this works dude, the trade is voted on by the other coaches haha.
Not sure you understand what UTM was saying dude. The trade is voted on by the other coaches haha.

Vinny

Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 10:22:56 PM
Not sure you understand what UTM was saying dude. The trade is voted on by the other coaches haha.
What the flower hahaha.

upthemaidens

Yeah I understand,  The original trade should have been submitted as it was, allow it to get voted on first.
    If it passes then both of the Clubs get what they spent time arranging.  If it gets rejected then they can change it if they wish.