meow meow

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 12:18:06 AM
Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:36:19 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:21:10 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:12:53 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:08:36 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2015, 11:07:59 PM
i love you guys
I really appreciate how passionate everyone is.

TBH I just love arguing with people.

I would let every trade pass and remove the cap if I was in charge and watch the cream rise to the top.
It's become a sticky, yellow, crusty-old cream called Holz and I'm goddamn sick of it on top of my frappe'

People keep trading these good teams young stars in return for their old blokes; how are we supposed to compete?

The draft my friend. I will never trade Jake Lever. Or Toby McLean. Or Harris Andrews. Or Jack Steele. Or Kyle Langford. Or Alex Neal-Bullen. Or Mason Cox. Or Aaron Vandenberg. Or Dan McKenzie. You shouldn't really blame the top teams. All these teams just shuffling around players never get anywhere. NY aren't going to beat Dublin and MC by giving them their best players. They're just making it harder for themselves and the rest of us. But me, when my guys become elite I'm going to slay you all with drafting.

P.s if you want any of the players listed above send me an offer :D

Until you bust the cap like we did and Beijing did and have to trade Lever, or Mclean, or Andrews, or Steele, or Langford, or Neal-Bullen or more of them.

Yo're going to run in to that problem soon Meow. Especially with all those gun kids #DraftEnvy.

With the youngsters coming in I gained 6000 points this year, and that's with Wilbur hardly playing and Gibbs not much better. Lester barely played. Clay Smith ACL again. Gilbert only had a handfull of games. Hrovat unsighted for most of the season. As was Ben Reid. 2013 pick #10 Freeman gameless. And then there's Stringer who'll score about 1000 more points next year. Should be aiming for 40000 by the end of next season haha.

That's why I went after McVeigh who'll be 31 when next season starts. Hopefully he'll retire and allow me to keep most of my young guys.

My Chumps

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 09, 2015, 11:48:05 PM
So do we just give up, sit on our asses and not try to improve our total list.

We had zero depth when we took over last year - we were playing 1 or 2 OOP forwards every week.

If we didn't trade last we would have been bottom 4 this year. That was not appealing at all. We still had a very poor year but at least we did something.

Are Macrae, Duncan, KK, Buckley, Vardy, Menzel, Fantasia, Cockatoo, Lamb all deadbeat young players eh?
Trading two of the most promising youngsters to the two best teams in the league probably wouldn't be my preferred strategy if I was in your position.

What I would do if I had inherited a list with so many young players brimming with potential is not to make quick trades - you've got years to sort out the holes in your team when Alex had set you up with a list containing guns like Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Christensen, Armitage, Bennell and KKolo as well as solid talent like T McKenzie, J Anderson, S Lycett, D Lang, T Nicholls, S Atley, L Mcdonald, W Hoskin-Elliot and K Stevens.

Yeah, you had depth issues, but like I say, if immediate success isn't your goal then it doesn't matter that you might be playing OOP next season. Take a trade if it's genuinely good for you. In fact don't make any trades that you aren't 100% happy with. If you've got a good core who's oldest player is 22 then you don't have to make risky deals, you've got years to sift out the good trades from the bad.

Mexico and Dublin are very aware of their position in the league - they're on top and they've got a helluva lot of trade assets - so the way to stay on top for as long as possible is to trade for young talent. They should be willing to pay overs for young talent, because IT'S ALL THEY NEED and we should be doing what we can to make them pay way overs or just not trading them young guns at all. Mexico can offer you an 85 mid because he doesn't mean jack shower to them, he's easily replaceable. And really is that 85 mid going to help you catch the best?

Teams just seem to be so goddamn keen to take every half decent deal that comes their way.

Hellopplz

Jackson Trengove you beast of a man!

Lewis Roberts-Thomson made up 3 pick places still gives me a chuckle for some reason :P.

Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2015, 12:35:31 AM
Mexico and Dublin are very aware of their position in the league - they're on top and they've got a helluva lot of trade assets - so the way to stay on top for as long as possible is to trade for young talent. They should be willing to pay overs for young talent, because IT'S ALL THEY NEED and we should be doing what we can to make them pay way overs or just not trading them young guns at all. Mexico can offer you an 85 mid because he doesn't mean jack shower to them, he's easily replaceable. And really is that 85 mid going to help you catch the best?
Depth for some is starters for others which sways people! Doesn't help bridge the gap but it does improve some teams there, so what some think for their own team, regardless of where it comes from. But people do rate players differently, so that's always a factor in trades.

Think Dublin/Mexico top 2 clearly, then have a few in the next bracket that can contend if things go their way, or if they trade heavily to get there, but need quite a bit of luck and players rating their players enough to give them a bit to help close the gap.

Holz

We had zero depth when we took over last year - we were playing 1 or 2 OOP forwards every week.

If we didn't trade last we would have been bottom 4 this year. That was not appealing at all. We still had a very poor year but at least we did something.

Are Macrae, Duncan, KK, Buckley, Vardy, Menzel, Fantasia, Cockatoo, Lamb all deadbeat young players eh?
Trading two of the most promising youngsters to the two best teams in the league probably wouldn't be my preferred strategy if I was in your position.

What I would do if I had inherited a list with so many young players brimming with potential is not to make quick trades - you've got years to sort out the holes in your team when Alex had set you up with a list containing guns like Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Christensen, Armitage, Bennell and KKolo as well as solid talent like T McKenzie, J Anderson, S Lycett, D Lang, T Nicholls, S Atley, L Mcdonald, W Hoskin-Elliot and K Stevens.

Yeah, you had depth issues, but like I say, if immediate success isn't your goal then it doesn't matter that you might be playing OOP next season. Take a trade if it's genuinely good for you. In fact don't make any trades that you aren't 100% happy with. If you've got a good core who's oldest player is 22 then you don't have to make risky deals, you've got years to sift out the good trades from the bad.

Teams just seem to be so goddamn keen to take every half decent deal that comes their way.

To be fair I 100% agree

If you notice I gave a young premo back in the libba deal and picked up old guys.

In the Goldy deal besides Watson to Murphy im not getting younger

My Chumps

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 12:39:54 AM
Jackson Trengove you beast of a man!

Lewis Roberts-Thomson made up 3 pick places still gives me a chuckle for some reason :P.

Depth for some is starters for others which sways people! Doesn't help bridge the gap but it does improve some teams there, so what some think for their own team, regardless of where it comes from. But people do rate players differently, so that's always a factor in trades.
I know, but it's literally taking the scraps off the rich and giving them longevity in return.

I am procrastinating this essay so hard right now.

My Chumps

Quote from: Holz on September 10, 2015, 12:41:08 AM

To be fair I 100% agree

If you notice I gave a young premo back in the libba deal and picked up old guys.

In the Goldy deal besides Watson to Murphy im not getting younger
Holz I swear to god stop trying to dumfound everyone.

You write like an idiot but you're one of the smartest guys on the forum when it comes to this stuff - I don't know how you do it but you consistently get fantastic deals. You robbed me blind twice back in the day when I was a bit younger (and stupider).

You know exactly what you're doing with every trade - I get that McDonald is a young back who averaged 95, but let me put it this way: he's the type of guy that could turn around and average 75 next season and I wouldn't blink an eye.

meow meow

Who is starting with TMac as one of their premos in their SC backline next year? Nobody!

My Chumps

Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 12:48:08 AM
Who is starting with TMac as one of their premos in their SC backline next year? Nobody!
Exactly

Sometimes I wish we could just get all coaches into the same building and we could pound every deal out for a few days. Imagine the bidding wars! And I feel like a lot of the trades that get raised here are showerty simply because a coach didn't realise what the rest of the league was willing to offer.

upthemaidens

What players did Holz talk up the most, TMac and Goldstein.  What players did Dublin trade straight away?  It may be Coincidence.

The advertising industry is a multi billion dollar industry.  He advertised these players consistently in posts, the power of suggestion is a real thing.   ;)

RaisyDaisy

Wow, quite a lot for me to catch up on

I swear, reading the past few pages some people really need to get off their high horses, parading around like you're absolute geniuses and superior minded to the rest of us in the world of trading.

All this crap about us trading our young guns to the top teams, how we should be starving them of youth to see their demise and how we trade in old or average players. Seriously, what a load of crap

As AK mentioned earlier, we inherited a team that couldn't get 15 on the park most weeks, and we wanted to overhaul the team and be in a position to make finals, and what do you know? We made finals this year.

We didn't get a redraft to 'make it our own' so we did that instead

Some of you talk like we're idiots, and honestly it can get quite offensive which is why the tone in this message is like this, because I don't appreciate people trashing our approach. For how wise some of you are its baffling that you're not capable to understand that people have different views and approaches, and that your way is not the only right way

So we're trading Libba and Bennell, yeah they're young guns but they've both had their off field issues. Besides Montagna and possibly Gibson none of our relevant players will be retiring in the next 3 years and with have plenty of great youth.

Give us a break

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 10, 2015, 07:19:38 AM
Wow, quite a lot for me to catch up on

I swear, reading the past few pages some people really need to get off their high horses, parading around like you're absolute geniuses and superior minded to the rest of us in the world of trading.

All this crap about us trading our young guns to the top teams, how we should be starving them of youth to see their demise and how we trade in old or average players. Seriously, what a load of crap

As AK mentioned earlier, we inherited a team that couldn't get 15 on the park most weeks, and we wanted to overhaul the team and be in a position to make finals, and what do you know? We made finals this year.

We didn't get a redraft to 'make it our own' so we did that instead

Some of you talk like we're idiots, and honestly it can get quite offensive which is why the tone in this message is like this, because I don't appreciate people trashing our approach. For how wise some of you are its baffling that you're not capable to understand that people have different views and approaches, and that your way is not the only right way

So we're trading Libba and Bennell, yeah they're young guns but they've both had their off field issues. Besides Montagna and possibly Gibson none of our relevant players will be retiring in the next 3 years and with have plenty of great youth.

Give us a break
Give us a kit kat

DazBurg

Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2015, 12:50:27 AM
Exactly

Sometimes I wish we could just get all coaches into the same building and we could pound every deal out for a few days. Imagine the bidding wars! And I feel like a lot of the trades that get raised here are showerty simply because a coach didn't realise what the rest of the league was willing to offer.

WXV's FF Chat trade Expo!!!!!!!
get it done ;)

MajorLazer

Quote from: DazBurg on September 10, 2015, 07:38:38 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2015, 12:50:27 AM
Exactly

WXV's FF Chat trade Expo!!!!!!!
get it done ;)
Everyone at MC's place. His mum already let me in, I'm sure she'll do the same for you lot. ;)

RaisyDaisy

Give me a reason why I shouldn't?

Priced at a 95 avg and coming off a mid to high 70 avg the year before. 23 years old and plays a defensive game built for SC. Broke out this year and there is no reason he will go backwards

Absolutely I'll start him. But what do I know, I only finished 194 overall

Nige