Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:18:10 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 09:54:51 PM
to be fair it is a tad one sided
but if you neg the dublin/rio deal then you have to neg the pacific/rio deal imo
C'mon Daz.. There are 60 mids who averaged more than Stephen Hill last year. Let's not make him out to be some untradeable asset. We wanted him to bolster our mids, and gave up a best 22, young ruckman to get him.

Holz is getting Jroo who is border-line elite in his position. Massive difference. I'm not saying the Goldy trade is worth negging, but you can't compare it to the Pacific/Rio one..

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 10:21:37 PM
Stanley isn't best 22 at the Cats though...

stanley is a spud not best 22 and had a couple of good games this year
best season ave 72

hill agreed isn't that great but mackie with 2 more years to come at least and ave only 3 points less then Jroo so could also be considered borderline elite for his position

not saying i'm negging or not negging your deal and not saying i'm negging or not negging the dublin one

just stating if we neg one there is ground to neg the other as both have 1 sided elements to them
I respect your stance, mate. But we gave up Sam Day too - a guy taken pick 3 and now with Dixon leaving the Gold Coast, he has the opportunity to become a really nice player. And Levi was willing to take the punt. We don't think it's a one-sided trade at all, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the votes are tallied up - I trust the coaches here to come up with a fair review. I mean, you only have to look at what Vinny gave up to realise the value of a good ruckman!

yeah a good ruckman
stanley has scored 90 or over 9 times in a career of 66 games hardly a god ruckman
and day yeah could be something but hasn't show a lot so paying a lot for speculation

anyways like i said i'm not saying i will neg it i honestly do not think we will ever get deals that are 50/50 it is impossible as everyone rates players differently

just pointing out that there are a few depending how ppl view them that could be seen as one sided
This is a great point ^
Have to allow some leeway for how a coach rates a certain guy. In most trades, you can look at them now and think you know who the 'winner' is.. But rarely do I think the deals that get posted here are unbalanced enough for me to reject.

Levi434

Ok now that Andrew Walker is out of the deal. I'm surprised my inbox isn't flooded yet!

Given that he is DPP and averaged 107, only 2 years ago I should be able to get a young gun mid for him.

Holz

kilbluff1985

My Chumps

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2015, 11:07:59 PM
i love you guys
I really appreciate how passionate everyone is.

Also I gotta say that seeing clubs completely overhaul their roster every trade period without actually addressing any real problems they have is confusing. A lot of trading for the sake of trading seems to go on in these games.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Holz on September 09, 2015, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on September 09, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
So JRoo is giving us too much then i'm guessing  ???

I have learned from last year. Just go with the flow and if it is blocked renegotiate.

I hope your just poking fun at me with that call.

Mexico will win 5 of the next 10 flags the way this is going.

Is that a bad thing?  :o ;)

meow meow

Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:08:36 PM
i love you guys

TBH I just love arguing with people.

I would let every trade pass and remove the cap if I was in charge and watch the cream rise to the top.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:12:53 PM
i love you guys

I would let every trade pass and remove the cap if I was in charge and watch the cream rise to the top.

post of the year Meow. we fight but have a great level of respect for you

DazBurg

Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:59:20 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2015, 10:18:10 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 09, 2015, 09:54:51 PM
to be fair it is a tad one sided
but if you neg the dublin/rio deal then you have to neg the pacific/rio deal imo
C'mon Daz.. There are 60 mids who averaged more than Stephen Hill last year. Let's not make him out to be some untradeable asset. We wanted him to bolster our mids, and gave up a best 22, young ruckman to get him.

Holz is getting Jroo who is border-line elite in his position. Massive difference. I'm not saying the Goldy trade is worth negging, but you can't compare it to the Pacific/Rio one..

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 10:21:37 PM
Stanley isn't best 22 at the Cats though...

stanley is a spud not best 22 and had a couple of good games this year
best season ave 72

hill agreed isn't that great but mackie with 2 more years to come at least and ave only 3 points less then Jroo so could also be considered borderline elite for his position

not saying i'm negging or not negging your deal and not saying i'm negging or not negging the dublin one

just stating if we neg one there is ground to neg the other as both have 1 sided elements to them
I respect your stance, mate. But we gave up Sam Day too - a guy taken pick 3 and now with Dixon leaving the Gold Coast, he has the opportunity to become a really nice player. And Levi was willing to take the punt. We don't think it's a one-sided trade at all, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the votes are tallied up - I trust the coaches here to come up with a fair review. I mean, you only have to look at what Vinny gave up to realise the value of a good ruckman!

yeah a good ruckman
stanley has scored 90 or over 9 times in a career of 66 games hardly a god ruckman
and day yeah could be something but hasn't show a lot so paying a lot for speculation

anyways like i said i'm not saying i will neg it i honestly do not think we will ever get deals that are 50/50 it is impossible as everyone rates players differently

just pointing out that there are a few depending how ppl view them that could be seen as one sided
This is a great point ^
Have to allow some leeway for how a coach rates a certain guy. In most trades, you can look at them now and think you know who the 'winner' is.. But rarely do I think the deals that get posted here are unbalanced enough for me to reject.

my thoughts exactly
as i said wasn't saying i was negging the deals including yours

was simply showing how a lot can be perceived to be one sided etc

i think the days of coaches killing there teams isn't going to happen now i have huge faith in all the coaches we have atm so don't think we need to be so Neg happy imo

again nothing will be 50/50 especially if a coach feels they need a certain thing for there team be it a ruck or a mid or a big fwd or Def etc

My Chumps

i love you guys

It's become a sticky, yellow, crusty-old cream called Holz and I'm goddamn sick of it on top of my frappe'

People keep trading these good teams young stars in return for their old blokes; how are we supposed to compete?

Holz

Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:21:10 PM
i love you guys

It's become a sticky, yellow, crusty-old cream called Holz and I'm goddamn sick of it on top of my frappe'

didnt rise to the top.

that was Jroo in worlds and Meow in champs.

Boomz

meow meow

Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:21:10 PM
i love you guys

People keep trading these good teams young stars in return for their old blokes; how are we supposed to compete?

The draft my friend. I will never trade Jake Lever. Or Toby McLean. Or Harris Andrews. Or Jack Steele. Or Kyle Langford. Or Alex Neal-Bullen. Or Mason Cox. Or Aaron Vandenberg. Or Dan McKenzie. You shouldn't really blame the top teams. All these teams just shuffling around players never get anywhere. NY aren't going to beat Dublin and MC by giving them their best players. They're just making it harder for themselves and the rest of us. But me, when my guys become elite I'm going to slay you all with drafting.

P.s if you want any of the players listed above send me an offer :D

kilbluff1985

my coaching manual is pretty much trade picks for players

my trade period in bxv so far

OUT - Billings, NAT 4, NAT 22, NAT 38
IN- Salem, Oxley, Malceski, J Merrett

needed to fix my defense

meow meow

Everyone seems to be allergic to draft picks, but that's what all players start as. Pacific have the best player in the world and got him from the draft.